Chapter 6: Paradise

Chapter 6: Paradise

CHANMI

A GUY in his mid-20's entered the coffee and tea shop where I started working few months ago

"Good morning sir, how may I help you?" I greeted him.

"Iced Americano, please," said he.

"Anything else, sir?" He shook his head, took out the money from his wallet and handed it to me.

I input his order on the touch-sensitive screen of the cash register. After handing him the receipt, I smiled at him and told him to wait for his order.

"Hanjin, one Iced Americano," I told our barista.

I wiped the countertop while there weren't customers entering the shop. It's almost nine in the morning and people are busy with their businesses.

"Jihoon, table 7," Hanjin told one of my fellow employees.

I just watched the people inside the shop. Some were busy typing on their laptop or phone, some were talking to their phone and some chit chat with their friends.

This was my second home and I really felt accepted here. I am getting along with Jihoon and Hanjin that's why I continued working here.

"Chanmi," Hanjin called my name and I immediately turned my head to look at him.

"Yeah?"

"What time are you vacant on Monday?" he asked, his eyes were fixed on the cup he was wiping.

"Hmm, maybe six?" I replied and put my chin on my hand. "Why?"

"How about five?" he asked again and looked at me. "I have thesis to do and I don't think I can be here that day."

"Five?" I echoed and looked up the ceiling. "Okay!"

"Thank you."

"Yeah, no problem." I faced the cash register and felt that someone is standing in front of me. "How may I hel—"

The words stopped as I stared at the guy standing in front of me. His lips forming a smirk and I just rolled my eyes at him. He removed his hood and combed his red hair using his fingers.

"How may I help you sir?" I asked him and he smiled at me before leaning a bit closer to me.

"What time is your out?" he asked and wriggled his brows.

"Sir, I just started my shift," I replied and he pouted as a response before heaving a sigh.

"A chamomile tea, please," he replied and act as if he doesn't know me. I hid my smile while looking at his dismayed face before I input his order.

"Hanjin, one chamomile tea," I told Hanjin.

Jungwoo took his wallet from his backpocket and took out a bill before handing it to me. I accepted the money and gave him the change and receipt.

He waited and instead of letting Jihoon serve his order, I did it. I served his tea and tapped my forefinger on his table twice to call his attention. He lifted up his head and looked away from me.

"Hey," I whispered but he didn't look at me. "Heyy," I repeated, he still didn't spare a second to glance at me. "Yah, Jungwoo oppa~" I called his name, mimicking some girls acting cute in some K-dramas I've watched.

He turned his head towards my direction, confusion all over his face for a second and it vanished. He laughed softly as he stared at me, confusion still on his eyes.