Chapter 18: Brown Coffee

CHANMI

"Stop dreaming, Chanmi," Minji said and made face at me and dragged me. "Who was it?"

"I told you, it's Jungwoo," I replied and sat beside her. She gave me a try-again-harder look but I rolled my eyes at her. "It's really him."

I remembered when I told my brother about Jungwoo and Jaehyun was with me when I visited him, he didn't believe me, instead he asked for a proof first. And now, Minji doesn't believe me, who would? Me, myself can't still believe that these are really happening to me.

I got my phone and scrolled down to my gallery to show her the latest pictures Jungwoo took with the members. I put the phone in front of her face and I wanted to brush it on her face to tell her that I am not dreaming.

"They posted those somewhere in their social media accounts and you just saved it in your phone, stop it, Chanmi," she said.

She was used to hear me say that, my boyfriend is any member of the groups I stan. As for NCT, I always say anyone who comes in my mind because she doesn't know that Jungwoo is my ultimate bias. Maybe that's the reason why I need to try harder to prove it to her.

I checked the other photos to see if there are photos with me. Jungwoo and the members took a lot of pictures using my phone. Then there, I saw a picture of us and I immediately showed it to Minji.

"Here, look at this," I told her and smirked as I saw her eyes slowly widened.

"Wait, no, no. Is this real?" she asked me and scan the photos from my phone.

"Yeah," I replied in a singsong way.

"Girl, why you didn't tell this to me?" She moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around my arm.

"Have you forgotten about it?" I asked her, pertaining to what she said that she's not going to use her phone and social media for a few weeks because of the hell week she was telling.

"Ah, yes, so what's the story?" She excitedly shook me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm sleepy," I replied and yawn, covering my mouth using the back of my palm.

"Please, I won't be able to sleep because of this," she insisted.

I lazily looked at her and started to speak. I started from the moment that we were talking through phone and the incident in the airport. Then the conversation between me and Jungwoo.

"You didn't tell me about Jungwoo was your classmate in middle school," I told her and made face.

"I wasn't sure if it was really him when he was introduced as an SMRookie member, so I didn't tell you. But then, I knew it was really him," she replied and pouted.

I told her what made Jungwoo asked me about Minji. That it's because Jungwoo wants to be friends with Minji again like what they were back in their middle school days.

"He's looking for me?" she asked, her hand on her chest. "And he wants to be friends with me again?"

"Yeah, that's what he said," I replied and continued speaking again despite being sleepy.

"And you agreed to help him?"

"Yeah, why not? If it's for my friend, why wouldn't I do that?" I wiped my eyes and stared at her. "You may have a lot of bias in different groups and even just in NCT but he's your ultimate one."

"How did you know about that?"

"Gut feels."

I told her about what happened for the past days Jungwoo and I were together. And even the moments with the other members. She was smiling the whole time and I think she fell in her daydreams.