Chapter 17: Surprise

CHANMI

I WOKE up because of the loud knocks from the door of my apartment. Before I got up from my bed, I grabbed my phone and checked what time was it. It was almost 5 in the morning and the person knocking seems not to be aware of that.

"Wait," I yelled and took a gargle in the sink before opening the door.

I slept at 2 because the members, together with the dreamies, called me and celebrated Christmas with me through phone. I was even surprised to hear Winwin's voice from the background, speaking Mandarin then another Mandarin-speaking voices were heard also.

I am not yet doing my morning routine and this person can't wait. When I swung the door open, I was surprised to see a familiar person. She threw herself at me and welcomed me with a tight hug.

"Chanmi!" Minji exclaimed, hugging me tighter as she kissed my cheek while I returned the hug. "I miss you so much!"

"You didn't even tell me you'll be going here," I told her when she pulled herself away from me. She pouted and picked up her bag which she threw just to hug me.

"I wanted to surprise you. See? I was right, you're still sleeping." She went inside and put her bags on the chair. "You prepare now, I'll just be resting and we have a lot of catching up to do for your birthday."

"I have work today," I told her and pouted. "Hanjin and Jihoon won't be there."

"What? They left you alone? I'll hit those two," Minji said in a threatening tone.

She knows Hanjin and Jihoon because she was their workmate before I came there. Because of Minji, I got accepted immediately then she left because  she was going to stay in her dorm which is near her university.

"Aren't you going home?" I asked her while looking at her bags. She brought all of her things so it means, she's not yet going home and she didn't leave her things on her dorm.

"I already did, last night. I celebrated Christmas with the family," she replied and sat on the chair. "I brought my things, I'll be staying here like what we've planned last month."

"Really?" I stared at her, surprised. I smiled widely at her and hugged her.

Both of us were squealing then Jami barked, probably be surprised. Minji looked at him with surprise hinted on her face. She then diverted her gaze at me and jerked her thumb towards the furry buddy.

"You've got a dog?" she asked and jumped out of her chair, carrying Jami.

"Yeah, just got him few days ago," I replied and smiled at myself.

"Hey, what's with that smile?" She playfully smiled at me before poking my waist. "Is the seller cute?"

"I didn't buy that dog," I replied and get Jami from her. "I don't have enough money to afford this dog."

"So who gave it to you? Don't tell me you have a boyfriend!" She put her hands on her waist and glared at me.

"Hey, I'm not planning on having one!" I defended and hugged Jami.

"Then who gave it to you?" she asked, her brows wriggling.

"You rest first and I'll tell you after work," I told her and grin at her. She was about to protest but I stopped her. "It's a long story, I don't want to leave you hanging."

"You promise me you'll tell me," she said and went to my bed. She changed her clothes first before throwing herself to the soft bed and eventually fell asleep.