Chapter 8: Visit

Chapter 8: Visit

CHANMI

"Jihoon, I won't be around," I told Jihoon as soon as I saw him inside the cafe.

He stood up straight and salute. "Yep, no problem."

"Okay, thank you."

I waved at Hanjin who was busy reading his book and now looking at me. After bidding Jihoon goodbye, I finally left the cafe and went to the bus stop.

It will take me four hours to arrive at their house and if I'm fortunate enough this day, it will just take me three and a half hours or less. While on the bus, I started accomplishing my schoolworks. Going back home doesn't mean rest, it's one of the tasks I should accomplish.

I brought out my books and read some of it. I still have tests to take tomorrow and even how they promised today's the last day of the hell weeks, they didn't grant that. I am still frustrated because of these things but I don't let my emotions control me, I won't finish anything if I breakdown.

My phone vibrated from my pocket so I checked it and read the message.

Kim Jungwoo <3
Make yourself feel
better than your
'much better'. You can
do it, Kitty!
5:17 PM

I smiled upon reading the message and checked my bag. It was full of packs of candies we bought last night. After we stayed in the riverside, we bought a lot of candies in which he believe will make me feel better. And I think, he's right about that.

When he gave me those gummy candies last night, I felt better. Maybe sweets have the ability to make us feel better when we are down. Some people choose to eat chocolates to relieve their stress, some eat candies to avoid being anxious and some eat cakes in order to feel happy.

I took a pack of those candies and opened it. I need to relieve my stress before I would feel crying. No one's with me so no one will comfort me and worst of all, I'll look stupid crying alone inside a bus.

When I arrived at our place, I received a call from Jungwoo which I immediately accepted. I was anxious while getting off the bus but now, I'm smiling while the phone is on my ear.

"How's there?" he asked, his voice isn't that serious nor excited. Just the usual tone of his voice.

"I'm not yet in our house but just a few steps, I'll be there," I replied and looked around me.

There are lots of things that changed here while I was away. There are some shops that wasn't familiar to me and some of the places where I used to grow up with, wasn't here anymore.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was full of worry.

"Hmm, good. No need to worry," I answered and drew a deep sigh as I saw our house, a few step away from me. "I'm here."

"I'll hang up the call, make yourself feel—"

"Better than my 'much better'," I ended his statement instead. "Yep, I'll always remember that. Thank you."

"Yeah, bye." After I bade him goodbye, I hang up the call and knock on the door.

After a few knocks, it swung open and my mother welcomed me, without the sweetness every mother would show as soon as their children got back home. She let me in and for the nth time, I felt like a visitor in our own house. I know I am accepted but it feels that I am not part of the family inside this house.