Chapter 4: Cheer

Chapter 4: Cheer

CHANMI

THE WHOLE school was busy, many students were panicking, some were carrying speakers, wires and anything. They seem to be preparing the auditorium.

"Are the things ready?" a student asked her classmates. I watched them panicked.

I don't have an idea about what's happening. Most of the students were busy and when I reached our classroom, my classmates seem to be very excited. My classmate Jihyun approached me and held both of my hands.

"This will be the best day of our lives, Chanmi!" she exclaimed, hopping while still holding my hands. I forced a smile at her before I sat on my seat when she let go of me.

"What's happening?" I asked her while spreading my notebooks on my desk.

"What's happening?" she echoed, her hands on her waist. "Chanmi, you don't know what's happening?"

"Obviously," I mumbled and continued reading my notes.

"Wasn't it announced last week? Or haven't you checked your social media accounts? It's everywhere!"

"Just to remind you, I'm not using any of my social media accounts right now. And, I don't remember hearing an announcement about who knows what's happening today."

"Uh, you're hopeless Chanmi," she commented, shaking her head. "There's an event later."

"Oh that's it? Nothing unusual." I've continued reading and I can still feel Jihyun's eyes on me.

She's probably thinking that I really am hopeless and we both know we can't change that. I didn't mind her, it's her choice if she'll continue staring at me or she'll leave me, it's up to her.

"Would it still be unusual if I tell you there are groups who will perform live?" she asked, my brow raised not my head. "Kpop groups to be exact."

That's when my head automatically lifted up to look at her. She was smirking at me while I threw her puzzled look.

"Are you serious?" I asked her, she shrugged her shoulders and left me.

I got out of the room and checked the nearest bulletin board to see the announcements about the event that'll take place here today. If Jihyun is joking, I won't hesitate to strangle her. There's a flyer which was posted last week, it says that there will be a mini concert or something today.

Why didn't I knew about this announcement? Did they posted it or announced it when I got home early? Since the first meet up Jungwoo and I had, three days had passed and maybe one of those days, they announced it. Probably, I am occupied by my own thoughts.

Jungwoo and I didn't meet again for the past days because he was busy. I am also busy with my projects so it's fine. On the other hand, I haven't talked to Minji yet. She still has no clue about what's happening here and I am really excited to tell it to her.

"Why didn't you tell that to me?" I asked Jihyun as soon as I got back to our classroom. She was smiling from ear to ear when she faced me.

"I thought you know about it." She handed the cutouts she was holding on her seatmate.

I grunt and sat on my seat. If it's NCT, I don't know what will I do later when they perform. Or what if it was or they were my favorite groups? The groups I stan? Well then, I don't have an idea what will I do later.

I fished for my phone in my pocket and composed my message to Jungwoo. I just want to ask if they are going to perform in our school or not. Better to be ready than not.