Chapter 24: Date

Chapter 24: Date

JUNGWOO

I DRANK on the water bottle Yuta hyung gave me then catch my breath after. We just finished practicing after the nth time for the day. I sat at the corner and watched the other hyung minding their own business.

"Chanmi noona!" Haechan exclaimed out of the blue. His phone pressed on his ear.

I watched him smiling from ear to ear and walked around the practice room.

"We just finished practicing." He covered his mouth and laughed loudly. "No, we're not having a comeback."

I slapped my face while looking at him trying to cover it up. We're preparing for a comeback and he just accidentally spilled a little thing about our activities.

"How's vacation?" He excitedly wait for the answer and kept on nodding while listening to Chanmi. "I wanna see you again soon. Okay bye!"

I checked my phone to see if there are messages or missed calls and as usual I've got a lot of it from unregistered numbers. There were messages and missed calls but I opened only one message. It was from Minji.

Minji noona
Are we going later?
14:05

Yeah. I'll pick you
up later at 6
14:47

I sighed and stood up before picking up my things. The other members also did the same. We're going home and will take a rest now.

***

I knocked at Chanmi's apartment and waited while checking my phone.

"Chanmi, someone's knocking. Maybe it's Jungwoo," I heard Minji said from the inside of the apartment.

The door swung open and I am welcomed by Chanmi. Her hair is a bit disheveled, her eyes were a bit drowsy as she looked at me. She combed her hair backwards using her fingers before sighing. Half of her hair was tied but the rest were unkempt.

"Minji's still preparing, you can wait inside," she said and swung the door wider.

I walked inside and sat at their single couch. "Are you sleeping?"

Chanmi hummed and sat on her swivel chair before pulling her hair while facing her study table. There are lots of papers scattered on it.

"It's your vacation, right?" I walked towards her, putting my hand on her desk to support my weight as I scanned her papers.

There were lots of drawings of machines labeled with its parts. There were also math computations and formula on the other papers.

"I still have lots of catching up to do," she replied and groaned before pulling out her hair again. "I hate math! Why can't I just study biology instead?"

I ruffled her hair while smiling at her actions. Chanmi looks cute when she's frustrated like this and sometimes her endless complaint makes it cuter.

"I fell asleep while studying then now, I can't remember anything again." She scattered the papers again and buried her face on those.

Chanmi never failed to amaze me the very first time I met her. She's this woman who will face everything all by herself, though she continuously complain about it, she still continue facing it. I remembered her telling me that she wanted to be a surgeon but gives up on it because she still needs to help her family. It will take her a lot of years before she could be able to have a stable job if she pursued studying medicine.