12. Chingu

𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓾—˚✧❨✧˚—

𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓾
—˚✧❨✧˚—

My mind went blank and all I could think about is to cry. Jimin stood there wanting to help me, well he seemed worried and wanted to approach me but I didn't let him. I didn't even want to look at him, let alone let him touch me.

I didn't say anything else. I just turned around with watery eyes, wiping them as the tears streamed down my cheeks.

I thought it was real. It was he was going to be the one. I never really told him but I thought we would end up as one. But it was just a fucking bet and I'm a fucking clown.

"Byeol, please listen to me. I know this sounds like a mistake. But I'm not, I didn't play with you. It did start as bet but I liked you truly. I still like you," I stopped in my tracks when I head him. I didn't know what to believe. My mind is tired and my heart is shattered. I didn't have mental energy in me to think through and judge things.

"Jimin, please leave me alone. Please find someone else. And Jimin, this time don't play with them. Not everyone can withstand the pain," I didn't turn around. I didn't want to look at his face. Everything hurts.

"Baby," he held my wrist. I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to do that. I raised my free hand and slapped him. Doing that hurt me more than it hurt him.

"Please don't let me do this again Jimin. Because unlike you, I care about people feelings and it hurts me more to hurt you. I wish you would never show your face to me," I couldn't see well because my eyes were blurry but his eyes were glistening.

Goodbye Jimin. It was nice knowing you.

I had no idea where I was walking. I was just walking, walking and walking. It was not until my legs felt tired did I realize that I have been walking for hours.

Mind blank but not empty at the same time.

Just one thought running in my head.

It was a goddamn bet.

I saw a building probably a small hotel a few steps ahead. I decided to drink something. I reached the door and saw a blurry reflection of me on the door. I looked horrible. I need to use the bathroom first.

I pushed through the door and the bell at the top of the door rang. I walked to the counter because I couldn't find the bathroom.

"Just a second," a guy's voice came from inside. He came out from the door behind the counter a few seconds later. He was tall and looked good. Ok handsome. Would pass for a model.

"Where is the bathroom," I asked before he spoke. His smile didn't fade away.

"That way," he pointed to the side door. "It's second door on the right," he added.

"Damn, why you gotta make the way so complicated?" I muttered under my breathe. The hotel was empty.

I came back after washing my face and my head was throbbing.

"Would you like to have anything?" he asked the same unwavering smile on his face.

"Anything to relieve the headache? Feels like someone is hammering it," I asked rubbing my temples.

"Let me think, how about cilantro tea?"

"Anything that makes me feel better please," I said and walked to sit down at one of the tables. I bent forward and leaned my head on the table. A tear escaped my eye and I wiped it away furiously.

If he played me then it's his fucking problem. Because he is the one that should sleep at night realising that he ruined someone's life.

My thoughts broke when I head the porcelain against the table.

"There," his voice was gentle but I didn't look at him. I took the cup and let the tea drown my shit away. I looked around the shop. It was pretty aesthetic. Minimal. But not empty. Something you would like to spend your time around. The tea is also great bet the food is too.

I finished the tea and walked to the counter to pay. He took the money and slid the change. When I was about to turn around, he spoke.

"I know we don't know each other and it's rude to interfere in your personal life. But let me tell you this. Earlier when you walked in you seemed broken and bruised. But everything happens for a reason and everything will subside. Stay strong," he finished with a smile an adorable one and held out his fist in the air. I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you. But crying helps sometimes. Makes your remember the balance of pain and pleasure in life... Nice tea by the way," I gave him a smile and turned around. On my way out I saw a poster on one of the glass windows.

Wanted summer part time workers
Feel free to walk in anytime for an interview

That was one weird ass poster for a job I've ever seen. But since summer is not far away and I need to get a job this year and also the hotel and the hotel owner is really good. I decided to give it a try. If I stay at home this summer I'll sure get mad either over Jimin or my mother.

He was a bit surprised to see me walk in again.

"So I've seen you are accepting part timers for summer jobs. I would like to apply." I said pointing to the window with a poster on it.

"Oh sure, but we are already done with the selections. I forgot to take the poster down. Thanks for taking interest," he said with a worried smile on his face. I nodded. I took a paper napkin and borrowed a pen from him. I scribbled down my house number and gave it to him.

"If you ever need an extra head in your hotel count me in. This is my number," I said sliding the napkin to him.

He smiled and nodded.

"May I know your name? You didn't write your name here," he asked.

"Park Byeol"

"Okay, I'll note it down."

"And you are?"

"Kim Seokjin," he said. I waved and left.

When I stepped out the cold air touched my skin and it was dark. I suddenly remembered the night Jimin walked me home. My heart twisted in my ribcage.

Guess I'll have to walk alone again. I have to get used to being alone again.

Without my consent. My eyes poured tears.

I hate it that he is my first love. I hate it.