24. Band-aids

𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭-𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓼-ˋˏ *

𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭-𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓼
-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

"Byeol! There is a letter for you," The warden said handing me over a letter.

"A letter for me?" I asked frowning lightly. I looked at the from address to see anything familiar but it wasn't. I've never seen that address my whole life. I smiled at her and opened it as I walked to the stairs that led to my room.

I pushed through the door pulling out the contents in it. There was a letter and medium sized cover inside it. I wondered what it could be. Who would send me letters.

I sat on my bed and opened the letter. My eyebrows creased into frown as I read the content.

Meet me at the university cafeteria at 5:00pm this friday if you don't want the picture in news

The first thought in my mind was 'What the actual fuck?'

I re-read the address on the letter to make sure it was meant for me. It was really meant for me. I threw the letter aside and opened the cover that came along with the letter. My heart dropped the moment I saw it.

My fingers trembled as I held it in my hands. How on earth could anyone have taken that? What the actual hell? My mind went blank and then picked up million thoughts.

One thing was clear.

It was not going to affect me at all. I threw the letter aside and didn't bother to look at it twice.

It was around dinner time when I actually realized that the stupid letter keeps bothering me. I hate how my heart cared when my mind said no. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs to the telephone section. I dailed the number from my memory and waited.

"Hey, why are you calling at this hour? Everything okay?" Jungkook asked. Worry filled in his voice.

"I'm good. It's just that I want to ask you something. I hope you won't think I'm mental for asking this."

"Just ask," he said. I could actually feel him rolling his eyes.

I took a deep breathe and asked.

ʘ‿ʘ

The next day I was actually mentally cursing myself and killed myself twice in my head. Why the hell was I doing that again? I give zero fucks about the picture and the letter for a matter of fact. I sighed as I climbed the steps, the letter clutched tight in my hand.

After having Jungkook convinced that this was not a drunk me deciding to do things and after listening to all his big brother kind of precautions, I was allowed to do this.