Understanding

" So, you know everything? "

   " Yes, Ryuzaki. I do. "

I was currently sitting on the couch and Ryuzaki sat in front of me in his weird way and stared at me. He had hooked a lie detector test patch up to my arm and Watari was watching the readings as they came in. Light had already told them my first name and mentioned how I wouldn't reveal my last name.

   " She told the truth. "

   " Alright, Is your first name Y/n? "

   " Yes. "

   " She told the truth. "

   " Are you from a different world? "

   " Yes. "

   " Again, she told the truth. "

   " Do you know who Kira is? "

   " Yes. "

   " It's the truth. "

   " Is, Light Yagami Kira? "

   " ... "

   ' Don't say anything. You can't reveal anything. '

I stayed quiet. Light tried to argue with Ryuzaki and say he wasn't Kira. Ryuzaki's eyes didn't leave mine. They stayed on mine as he waited for me to answer the question.

   " Well? "

   " I can't say. "

   " So, he is then? "

   " I didn't say that. "

   " So he isn't?"

   " I didn't say that either. "

   " Am I going to die in the future? "

   " I can't tell you. "

   " I understand that you are scared that something will happen in your world but please tell us who Kira is so we can arrest him. "

   " I can't. While I am stuck here I am going to make sure everything stays on track and nothing messes up. Lastly, you need hard evidence to arrest him. You can't go by my word and my word alone."

   " One last question? "

   " Okay. "

   " Do you know my real name? "

   " Yes, I do. "

   "Master Ryuzaki...she is telling the truth. "

   " That isn't good. "

I took the pads off of me and Watari turned the lie detector off. Ryuzaki leaned further in his chair and started to whisper in my ear.

   " Don't say my name. I must remain anonymous. "

   " Again I am only here to make sure everything stays on track. Uttering your name would only prohibit what is going to happen in the future. "

   " So, you aren't going to help us? "

   " Or Kira. I will only help either of you if I sense something is going to mess up the future. "

   " Hmmm. Okay. For now, you will stay with Light until my secret project is finished. "

   " You mean the Task Force building? "

   " Yes. Tell me does the building at least get complete? "

   ' It couldn't hurt to tell him that. '

   " Yes, it gets done. When it gets finished it's a beautiful building. "