The Winner

Nothing was heard. It was silent in the room still. No one dropped to the floor clutching their chests. No one looked to be in pain. Only Mikami and Light's expressions changed drastically. Mikami looked confused while Light's grin faltered and faded away. I could feel a sigh of relief leave me as the situation had played out how it was supposed to.

   ' It's going to end like it was supposed to. I did it. '

   " We're still alive. It's been over a minute and we haven't died! " Matsuda said with excitement.

   " Didn't I already tell you all that no one was gonna die? " Near said

   " But why? Why won't they die? God! I did everything you told me! " Mikami shouted at Light.

   " Rester, Gevanni, take him now! "

Rester and Gevanni ran to Mikami and cuffed his wrists behind him. Mikami dropped the notebook and Gevanni picked it up while Rester held Mikami. 

   " Gevanni, the notebook, please. "

He brought the notebook to Near and Near took it from him with eager hands. 

   " If you didn't believe me earlier, then see for yourselves. I can confirm that the first four names are definitely real names of the SPK members. L can identify the three names, right here, as his, Matt's, and Mello's real names. The second four are the names of your team. The only name that isn't written down is Y/n's name and Light Yagami. "

I could see Light snarling at Near and I could feel how the Task Force felt. Lawliet put his arm around my shoulder and Mello handed me some of his chocolate to eat to calm down. Matt held my other hand as we listened to them explain further. 

   " We can tell it wasn't Y/n because Mikami here addressed you, Light Yagami, as God and said he did what you asked him to. Y/n has also come from another universe so the deduction leads down to you, and only you. It's settled. "

Light started taking deep breaths. It looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

   " It's a trap! This whole thing is a setup! This is all part of Near's plan to frame me! Isn't it a little odd that no one died after having their name written in the notebook? This proves it's a trap! "

   " I believe I already told you that no one would die because I modified the notebook. "

   " No! You-That can't be! This is a setup. I don't know this guy! "

Mikami started crying from what Light said. He was in tears while Rester held him in place. Aizawa walked up to Light and placed a hand on his shoulder.

   " Light, it's too late to deny it. You know Near has won. Just a moment ago you said ' looks like I win '. How much more of a confession do we need? "

   " Light...why? " Matsuda said upset.

Matsuda fell to his knees and Aizawa took his hand off of his shoulder. Mogi walked up to Light and was about to put handcuffs on Light. When he yelled,

   " Stop it! "

He moved away from Mogi and started running away. Well, ran and then tripped. He started running again until his body met with the door behind me. He was against the door and I made sure to move out of the way with Lawliet, Matt, and Mello. 

   " Light Yagami, L, Kira, it's over. You've lost the game. Just a moment ago you proclaimed your victory, expecting us all to die. And to tell the truth, you might've actually won. And I would've lost. We ended up doing exactly what you expected us to and altered the fake notebook in Mikami's possession. However, when I said that we had modified the notebook, I was referring to the real notebook as well as the fake. We only switched part of the fake notebook. But as for the real one we replaced the entire thing. This notebook here is actually the real one. " Near said pulling the real notebook from his white shirt.