Until the 7th Day

Day 1

It was quiet on the first day of their confinement. Misa never uttered a word unless she had to go pee and Light...Light stayed quiet. He would sleep a lot and eat but he wouldn't speak at all. Everything was going fine until Mr. Yagami walked in and requested to be put in confinement.

   " Ryuzaki, I'd like to request that you take me off this investigation. "

   " But why!? " Mogi yelled

   " Chief, no! " Matsuda said joining in.

   " I thought about it and the fact is that we're holding my son Light as a prime suspect. Given that, it's not appropriate for me to be here. When we spoke earlier, my feeling's got in the way. It's impossible for me to be objective in this situation. "

   " I agree with you. We can't let personal feelings get in the way. "

   " And in truth, if the task force concludes that my son is Kira, I don't know what I would be capable of. "

   " Yes, I agree with you there. To be honest, I wonder what you might do. I believe you kill your son and then yourself. I'd also agree that it's best we don't have you working here for now. "

   " Ryuzaki, I will ask that you can confine me as well. At the moment I'm calm, but to be honest I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. "

   " I thought you might say that. So I spoke with Watari. He's made arrangements. "

Everyone seemed confused. I only sat beside Lawliet and insulted myself in my head. Lawliet might have known that Mr. Yagami would've asked for confinement but in the end, it was me who let it slip. The possibility that Lawliet knew was high but I can't know for sure since I let it slip from my mouth.

   ' I'm never talking to anybody when I'm tired. '

   " Hm, but your confinement would be different. You'll keep your cell phone turned on, and maintain regular contact with family and friends. You won't tell Light about this. If he does call you at some point, he must be made to believe that you are still at headquarters. While you are in confinement, we'll be giving you continuous updates on the investigation so you will know what's happening. So, how does that sound to you? "

   " I'm grateful, thank you. "

Then Mr. Yagami was put in confinement. It was only Lawliet, Matsuda, Mogi, Aizawa, and myself that are left. Aizawa and Mogi talked over some coffee while I went to sit with Matsuda. We talked about a bunch of random things, nothing in particular.

Day 5

It was getting quiet around the hotel room. Misa talked a couple of days ago but it was only to ask to get a bath. Light also started talking and asked about the killings. I never really stayed to watch the cameras with Lawliet. I already knew what was going to happen. Light in a couple of more days would give up ownership of the Death Note. When that happens I need to be ready. In case anything happens to me. I don't know how this will work because I only touched Ryuk and Rem's notebooks but because I know everything that is happening I don't know how it'll work with my memory.

   " You know what, Mr. Stalker? Your video won't sell if it's just me sitting here the whole time. " Misa said trying to convince Lawliet to let her go.

   'She must be terrified right now since she has no idea what is going on. '

   " Mr. Yagami looks pretty bad. I think he's taking this harder than Light or Misa. " Lawliet said.