Talking With Rem

' Okay, so today I need to be very careful. Today is the day Rem kills Watari and Lawliet. I know I said I can't save them but maybe I could at least warn them to be more careful. No, that wouldn't work. Lawliet would know something is going to happen today if I say that. I can't just outright tell Light to not kill them, that would only show him I picked a side and put Lawliet at a higher risk. Crap, what do I do? I don't want Lawliet and Watari to die but at the same time, I don't want the story to change its course. Why did I have to fall for the detective! '

I looked around the room at all the members in the room. I saw them hard at work and when my eyes landed on Light I could see Misa standing beside him trying to hold a conversation with him. Light turned his head in my direction and gave me a small wave. I nodded in his direction and then I looked at the crouched detective beside me. He was too focused on his computer to see me starring at him. Rem was standing in the middle of the room looking around. I turned my attention back to the front when Rem's eyes met mine. I retreated back to my thoughts to continue thinking.

   ' It's scary to look at Rem knowing she's going to kill them. She knows she is going to die too. I can't imagine how much she loves Misa to do that for her. I don't know if talking to Rem beforehand will even help because of that. Well, her love for Misa and Light's threat. Light can really get into people's heads with ease. So, telling them to be cautious is out. Talking to Light is also out of the equation. What the hell do I do? Wait...what if I-'

   " Y/n are you alright? "

I turned my head to the greatest detective in the world and saw how his eyes held a small emotion of concern. I nodded and returned my eyes to the front of me at the desk.

   " I know you're lying to me. "

   " Then you know I don't want to talk about it if I'm lying to you. "

   " But you probably need to. "

   " No, I can't. "

   " It has something to do with the story? "

   " Yes. "

   " Is it about what happened yesterday? "

   " No, this is something different. Please don't worry about it. I promise to tell you later. "

I stood from my chair and started walking around. I glanced at Rem and hoped she would catch my eye so we could talk somewhere. She made eye contact and nodded her head. I started walking to the lobby of the building. Lawliet forgot to put in a camera in one spot of the building and that was in the corner of the lobby. No camera could catch this corner if it moved far enough. I walked to the corner and made sure no one was around. Rem appeared right in front of me still out of all the other cameras ranges.

   " Yes, human? Did you want to speak with me? "

   " Rem, is anyone around? Can you tell? "

   " No one is around. I checked before coming here. "

   " Thank you. Rem I know about Light's plan to kill Watari and L. " I whispered to her.

   " Yes, I am aware that you know. "

   " Well, that's good. Rem I know you're doing this for Misa's sake but I'm begging you, please don't kill them. "

   " Human you ask something of me that can not be done. I wish to protect Misa and to do that I must follow Light Yagami's orders. Even if I die. "

   " Rem, please understand I'm here for Misa too. She sees me as a best friend and knowing that I'm sad will only make her sad and depressed. Sure, she'll be with Light but it's not going to be a good thing for her. We both know Light will only use her again with the shinigami eyes until her life span is gone. Rem I know you care for Misa but following Light's plans will only lead her down a rabbit hole. "

   " I thought you didn't want to interfere with the story in case it ruins your world. "

   " I don't but I can't just sit back and watch as two people I care about get killed. "

   " You love L, don't you human? "

   " I do and I love Watari. I know I shouldn't have gotten attached but I did. "

   " What if this hurts your world? "

   " I...right now I just care about saving L and Watari. "

   " Even if it costs your world? "

   " I can't think about that right now. "

   " But you know you have too. There will be consequences for saving them. A few nights ago you saved Sorichiro Yagami from a bullet wound and you received the wound. What do you think will happen when two people who are supposed to die, still live? "

   " ... "

   " You must think about this more human. I also want to include this information. Light Yagami has feelings for you and if he knew that you talked about this with me or that you plan to save his enemy he will not be happy. "

   " I know. "

   " As you should. I will return to the main room now and I will not allow Light to know that you hand I talked about this. "

   " Thank you, Rem. "

She nodded her head and started to walk away but before she could enter the main room she turned back to me and said,

   " I like you, Y/n. I do not wish to see you in pain or hurt. Please be careful about your actions and decisions. "

   " I will, Rem. Thank you for your concern. "

Then Rem left me alone to stand by myself. I leaned my back against the wall and slid down until my butt reached the floor. I sat there and put my head in my legs.

   ' What do I do? '