The Exchange

" Am I allowed to view the exchange? "

   " You can from one of our monitors. " Mello said unwrapping another chocolate bar.

   ' How do you stay so skinny even though you eat chocolate 24/7? '

I stood up from the couch with Matt and we walked to the observation room. I watched as Mr. Yagami entered the underground base and met with the man at the sliding door. I saw Sayu sitting on one end with a window on the other. Mr. Yagami looked like he had gained a few more grey hairs than black. Sayu looked terrified and I felt sorry for her. I watched the transaction happen.

   " What about Y/n? " Mr. Yagami asked before putting the Death Note trough the slot in the door.

   " He shouldn't ask about me. "

   " Because it might lead to something you can't control? " Matt asked looking at me through his goggles.

   " Exactly. I can't g back with them. Not with Mello on my back about staying here and I can't really help them that much at home because this is where the real action is happening. Where i need to be watchful. "

   " You called Japan your home. "

   " What about it? "

   " I just think it's funny that you come from somewhere else and you've found a new home when you're trying to get back to your old one. "

   " I've been here for too long to not call it home. "

   " She isn't part of the deal. " The man in the exchange said.

   " You have to let me take them both back. You all kidnaped both of them for the sake of getting the Death Note. Now you have it and you can let them go. "

   " I'm afraid not. You see we know her secret. "

   " What? "

   " Originally we did kidnap her to make the exchange sweeter but the boss found out about her secret. The boss knows she can tell us the future. So, she will be staying with us for the time being. "

   " You can't do th-"

   " It's either you take the girl here in the glass sliding door or you don't take the deal at all. Y/n will be staying with us. "

   " Matt contact Mello and tell him to convey these words to the man meeting Mr. Yagami. "

   " Okay. What do you want to say? "

   " Mr. Yagami I will be fine. Take Sayu and get her back to Japan. I'm going to be fine and we will meet again but right now get Sayu and take her home. Don't worry about me. "

   " I'll let Mello know to tell him. "

I watched as he started messaging somebody and I kept my eyes on the screen. Then I saw as the man raised his hand to his earpiece and heard what I said.

   " Y/n, says that she will be fine and to take Sayu back to Japan. She says that she will meet you and the task force again but you need to take Sayu and go home. "

Mr. Yagami was quiet before he slid the Death Note through the window and into the sliding door. The Death Note landed on a platform and they started turning the doors. Sayu exited the sliding doors and hugged her father. The an on the other side took the Death Note and disappeared into the darkness. I watched as they exited the base while the rocket took off. I knew it was fake. It was only to make them think that the Death Note was being sent away but really it wasn't. It was here in the base. After this whole situation is over Mello's going to move to a new base and use the Death note there.

   " Well, that's that. Let's go back to the main room. "

    " Alright, let's go, Matt. "

We hooked arms and played with each other as we walked to the main room. We saw Mello sitting on the couch with the Death Note. He was on his own just sitting on the couch reading through the book.

   " Hey, Mello. You happy you got the notebook? "

   " Yeah, now I'm ahead of Near. "

   " Congratulations we should celebrate! "

We took a seat on the couch with Mello. I sat between them and continued to talk with Matt while Mello included some of his own words here and there.

   " How do you make a tissue dance? "

   " How? " I asked.

   " Oh no, not these dad jokes. " Mello said putting his palm to his face.

   " You put a little boogie in it! "

   " That's an awful dad joke! " I screamed at him with a smile.

Matt continued to laugh until he caught his breath and wiped the small tear off of his face.

   " What's brown and sticky? "

   " What? "

   " A stick! "

   " That one was a little better. " I told him still holding my smile.

   " What do you call a fake noodle? "

   " Matt is you finish your joke I'm going to strangle you. " Mello said glaring at Matt.

   " ... "

   " ... "

   " ... "

   " An impasta! "

   " I'm gonna kill you! "

Mello lunged at Matt over me. He laid over my legs as he reached fr Matt. Matt leaned away but couldn't go far since Mello grabbed his knees. Matt was laughing his head off while I laughed at the situation. The Death note was put on the table in front of us as Mello continued to reach for Matt. I put my arms around Mello's stomach and held him back.

   " Can February March? "

   " Matt! "

   " No, but April May! "

   " I'm gonna kill you! "

   " Mello clam down! Don't kill Matt! " I yelled laughing as I held him back.