Helping Misa

" So she's not from here? "

   " That's right. "

   " She also knows that you're Kira and I'm the second Kira? "

   " Correct again. "

   " Why don't we kill her since she knows our secret? "

   " Because she hasn't revealed her name to me and you can't see her name because her mask is on. "

   " Light is correct again. " I said finally including myself.

   " But can't Ryuk or Rem kill her? "

Light looked to me for an answer and I nodded my head.

   " Because Rem and Ryuk are both full shinigami they can see my name and life span. "

   " But I have the shinigami eyes. "

   " You do, but you aren't a shinigami. If you were then no mask could conceal my name and life span. "

   " Let her touch your Death Note. So, she can see Rem. "

She complied and held it out to me. I touched it and looked around the room. Ryuk was standing behind Light and I saw Rem standing beside Misa.

   " Hi, Rem. "

   " Hello, human. "

   " Wait if she knows the future she can just tell us Ryuzaki's real name and you can kill him. "

   " She won't tell me his name. "

   " Why not!? " Misa screamed at me.

   " Because I am not going to interfere with how the story goes. If I reveal his name now everything would be over and destroy anything happening in the future. I can't let that happen. "

   " So, you're on the polices side? "

   " No, I'm not helping them. If I was you two would already be caught. "

   " So, who are you helping? "

   " No one currently. I'm going to steal Ryuk's Idea and not help either side unless the story starts getting off track then I'll interfere where I need to. "

   " But you could just end it now! "

   " I don't want to. This game between Kira and L has to be played right. There are no short cuts. There's also the fact that if I trigger something to happen here that wasn't supposed to then it could change something in my world, and I don't want to do that. "

   " I could just have Rem kill you here and now. I may not be able to see your name but Rem can! "

I looked at Misa and Rem. They both stared at me, Misa more than Rem. Misa held this smirk on her face that was telling me she was smart and confident in what she said. I stood up from my spot and I put my hand on her shoulder.

   " I'm not scared of you, Light, or the shinigamis. You two can't see my name and the shinigami's can. Ryuk won't write my name down, and I know Rem can but she won't. "

   " How do you know that!? "

   " Because she won't kill me unless your life is at risk. Which it is not. "

   " Rem? "

She looked at Rem and Rem nodded her head at Misa. I moved back to my seat and sat back down while Misa looked to Rem.

   " The human is right. I won't kill anyone unless your life is at risk. Light seems that he doesn't want her dead just yet either. "

   " Light? "

   "  Rem is right. I don't want to kill Y/n off just yet. She can be of some use to me and she isn't going to help either side unless she has to. So there's no reason to kill her now. "

   " Alright, but I don't want to see you touching my Light! "

   " Don't worry I won't. It's not in the story to interfere with Light's love life so I'm not going to. "

   " Good, we'll be great friends. "

   " I'm fine with that. I'll leave you both to talk about your Kira stuff. "

   " You don't want to listen? "

   " I already know what's going to happen. "

I stood back up from my spot and pulled something out of my pocket. I opened Misa's hand and set the chapstick in her hand and closed her fingers over it.

   " Put this on. You'll need it. "

   " Will we? "

   " Just being a friend and watching out for you. "

She blushed a little and smiled at me. I winked at Light and walked out of his room. I walked down the stairs and went to the living room. I sat on the couch with Sayu, then started watching TV.

   ' I wonder what Lawliet is doing right about now? '

After a few minutes, Misa ran down the stairs smiling at me. She ran to me and started jumping. She handed me my chapstick back and pulled me into a hug.

   " Thank you, Y/n! We will be great friends. You've just proved to me we would be. I didn't know Light would kiss me. "

   ' Only to make you fall for him more because he needs you because you have the shinigami eyes. How many more becauses can I think about? '

   " Not a problem Misa. "

   " Thank you! "

She hugged me one more time and left the house. I walked upstairs, into Light's room and took a seat on his bed.

   " How was the kiss? "

   " None of your business. "

( Lawliet's P.O.V. )

   ' I wonder how Y/n is doing? '

I was looking through files and getting ready for the plan at Toho University tomorrow.

   ' No, doubt she'll be there tomorrow. Light will ask why so I hope she can make a good enough excuse. Tomorrow will be a risk but it should go as smoothly as possible. I'll expect Y/n to be there. She'll have to pick a side at some point and it's going to be my side. I won't let her go to Kira's side. '

   " Watari? "

   " Yes, Master Ryuzaki? "

   " Is the bedroom clean after the other night? "

   " Yes, you two only used the bed and the clothes she wore that night are in the drawers if she stays with us again. "

   " Good. She will be staying with us again soon. "

   " If I may, can I ask a question? "

   " Sure, Watari. "

   " Do you see yourself with having feelings for Miss Y/n? "

   " That's a peculiar question. "

   " Your answer? "

   ' I couldn't have feelings. I need to focus on the case. '

   " I have to focus on the case. Feelings would only get in the way. "

   " You never said you didn't. "

Watari walked away and towards the laundry room.