꧂ Prologue

This is from my MCND One-shots book with the same title. I've decided I will continue  with the story..
This prologue is the same story with  'One Day - Part I' on the other book ^^
~•~•~•~•~•~

Prologue
It was past my cram school time when I reached the bus stop. There are unusually a lot of people waiting today and almost all the buses are full that I strarted to worry if I will ever get to go home before my curfew. I checked my watch and it's already fifteen minutes past nine. If I just didn't mention to my mom that I wanted to get into an arts highschool then she wouldn't have enrolled me into this cram school and I wouldn't have to worry about riding the bus at night. I'll honestly be okay even if I get into an academic highschool.

Two buses came and I still haven't gotten in. I watched people jostle in as the third bus pulled over. I don't have the strength to fight my way in that's why I just stayed in the seat and wait until there are lesser people.

I turned to look at the bus to estimate how many more people could fit in when I noticed this guy with his headphones on by the window. He's wearing our boy's middle school uniform but I don't think I've seen him before. He looks really handsome and composed for a middle schooler guy. The reason why he caught my attention wasn't because of the uniform though, but the way he was so focused on his phone and very oblivious to the noises of people pushing and shoving around him like those movie effects where someone is completely motionless and the world unfocusedly kaleidoscopes around them. He was too engrossed on his phone until a little girl beside me cried so loud that he looked out the window, blinked a few times and his eyes focused straight at me.

I didn't have the time to look away without being obvious. We stared at each other and after a few seconds I can't seem to look away. He has gorgeous features. If I could just get a little closer to know the color of his eyes, I would. I started feeling restless but my body is completely still. Is it because of my uniform that's why he's staring at me too? But I could feel that's not it. Somehow I know he's also checking me out. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I felt the need to get on that bus, to get to him. I'm captured by this strong urge to go to him but I didn't move because there is no way I could compete with all those people trying to get in.

And here's the thing, call me delusional, but I can see the same spark hit him too like there is this invisible string that connected our minds. His eyes darted in front of the bus then back at me as if contemplating whether it will be crazy if he get off.

No. I tried to communicate with my eyes. It wouldn't be crazy. I smiled a bit as encouragement and he did the same. He tentatively put his phone and headphones back in his bag, looked around the people and pondered but before he could move to stand up, the door hissed closed and the engine hummed louder as the bus moved forward into the road and we were left staring again at each other with no words nor gestures until the bus goes further away.

I noticed my heart pounding really hard. I was feeling excited and sad at the same time. I've never felt like this before but I know that if anyone ever ask if I believe in love at first sight, I'd definitely answer yes.