1

Before reading:

The grammar won't be perfect in this or any of my stories.
English isn't my first language and the grammar is the part that's hardest for me so I am aware that it's not always right.
So with this little note I just want to kindly ask you not to comment on it, thank you.

——-

The welcoming smell hits him when he walks through the big doors of Paríe, it was a week ago since his interview and when he got the call two days ago he couldn't be happier.

Harry just graduated and he have been looking for a job for the last couple of weeks, being turned down so many times.

So when the owner of Paríe called asking him if he still was interested in the job he had a mini celebration in his head.

Paríe is a newly opened restaurant in Covent Garden and it have already made a name for itself out in the rest of the city.

Harry and his boyfriend Connor have spent a lot of time as guests here since their opening two months ago, Connor is obsessed with their avocado toast that they serve during brunch hours.

"Harry, it's so great to see you again." Ben comes out from behind the bar giving him a big smile. Ben is the owner, he is a small man in his early fifties who have been in the restaurant business for his whole life. His parents owned their own restaurant so when he was growing up that is what he was surrounded by.

"It's great to see you too, I'm so happy to be here." Harry tries not to sound too happy so Ben still will be able to see him as somewhat professional.

"I know you don't have so much experience with the restaurant world but don't worry, we are all kind of like a family here and if there is something that you don't understand then we are all here to help you." Ben tells him while they walk together to the door that leads in behind the bar.

"You will for the most part just be helping the servers and bartenders." He says walking in to the kitchen that is right behind the bar. There is a pick up point right where they walk in and behind it is the big kitchen where the chefs are preparing for the dinner.

"I was thinking we will sign your papers and then these guys will take a little coffee break so you can meet the once working today." Ben says and Harry nods to show that he understands what the older man is telling him.

He follows him in to the small office that is more like just a room with a table with papers all over and a laptop.

"You will work different hours depending on the bookings we get and we try to give you two days off a week but sometimes that's not possible." Ben tells Harry while handing him the paper that shows him all the information of his new job.

He reads through it realising that everything is things that they have already talked about during their phone call earlier.

"I haven't been able to print out your schedule yet but you start at 4pm tomorrow and then I will have the rest of the hours for the next two weeks printed out for you, is that okay for you?" Ben tries not to put too much information on the poor boy at once, but it's hard when it's so much he needs to know before his first shift.

"That's no problem at all." Harry answer giving him a huge smile when he hands over the paper.

"I will just copy this so you have a copy and then we can go and have a coffee with the others." Ben says leaving the room, the printer is defiantly not in the best place it's actually standing out in the changing room but due to the small area that they have to work with they just have to make it work.

"There you go, I look forward to have you working with us." Ben hands over the paper and Harry thanks him and put it in his back pocket, regretting that he didn't bring his boyfriends business bag.

"Hey guys it's time for a coffee break so you all can meet Harry!" Ben yells in to the kitchen, most of the people stops what they are doing to walk over to them, but there is also a few that have to finish what they're doing before they're able to walk away.

Together they all sit down by a table in the closed restaurant and Harry have been introduced to almost everyone by now. He also notice how close and vulgar they are.

"I see you finally decide to join us Tomlinson!" Niall who is a waiter say when a man walks out from the kitchen.

"Some of us actually have work to do Horan." He laughs while pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"You must be Harry, it's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Louis." He looks straight in to the green eyes of the younger man, and flashes him a bright smile.

"It's nice to meet you Louis." Harry says and shakes his hand, not aware of the small flutter in his stomach.

Before anyone mentions something about how this isn't how the restaurant world is then I want to say I know, it's kind of rare that people are like in this story when working in a restaurant.

But this is based on one place I used to work at where everyone was this friendly, where everyone actually acted like a second family because of how much time you spent together. So just because this isn't your experience doesn't mean it's not possible because I have two years of my life proving it actually is.

Of course it's fiction and all that but some of the people are based of people I've worked with.

I hope you will enjoy this story.