40

Louis looks at the man who steps in together with a beautiful girl, he is wearing a smile making it the best accessory to his all black outfit. His hair is shorter too, not that Louis would care about the length as long as he would be able to run his hand through it.

"Is that Harry?" He hears Niall ask Liam and that is when Louis realise that he is staring and he turns to the coffee maker and fills two cups of coffee.

He walks back to the kitchen, not knowing that the younger man is now the one staring at him.

Harry can't take his eyes of him and every single emotion that he had when he worked her comes running back, hitting him harder than a train.

"Champagne?" Rebecca asks Harry, taking him out of his state of chock.

"Yes." Harry smiles and together they walk over to Niall who is pouring champagne in to glasses.

"Harry, so good to see you again man." Niall say with a big smile and Harry returns it.

"Same to you, you look great in that Santa hat." Harry says, somehow knowing that Niall probably hates the hat.

"Oh right, let's not talk about it." Niall says with his voice filled with sarcasm, handing the two of them their champagne.

Harry and Rebecca walks over to the table and Rebecca starts questioning Harry how he knows the very hot waiter, her words not his.

"I used to work here before I started at the firm." Harry explains while he sits down at the end of the table, closest to the bar.

He knows that the only reason he picked this seat is because when he sits here he is able to see when someone from the kitchen is standing in the small opening to the bar... in hopes to see Louis, to feel those things again.

"So will you introduce me?" Rebecca asks wiggling her eyebrows and Harry can't help but laugh loudly at how ridiculous she looks.

His laughs echoes and Louis feel a little sting in his heart when he hears it all the way to the kitchen, it's no way that he would forget that laugh.

The first course comes out and Harry can't help but feel his heart beat a little harder when he sees it, he didn't realise that they would eat this. He remembers everything so clearly and when he takes the first bite he is almost transformed back in time to when Louis would give him the spoon with it, when he tasted this magical masterpiece for the first time.

The rest of the dinner goes pretty fast, or at least that is what Harry thinks. He just wants it to last longer so he can look at Louis for a little longer.

But as always when you want time to slowdown it only seems to speed up, so he ends up leaving together with Rebecca without having more than a couple of moments of eye contact with Louis.

But those moments, those he will carry with him forever.

Louis helps Niall and Liam clean up in the restaurant when he is finished in the kitchen, Zayn had left earlier because he have the morning shift tomorrow so everyone agreed it's best if he go catch up on some sleep, he can need it.

"So... Harry.." Niall says when Louis is cleaning off the table and Niall is refilling the fridge with different drinks.

"There is nothing to talk about." Both know it's a lie but the conversation ends, Niall doesn't want to push it.

They finish and Louis makes his way to his apartment, he almost expected Harry to sit outside when he arrived.

Of course he didn't, it was only Louis wishful thinking.

That night both of the two men goes to bed thinking of each other and how things could have been different.