35

Lottie is exactly twenty minutes late when she finally appears at Louis car.

"You're late."

"I'm sorry, I don't really want to go." Lottie says and sits down in the passenger seat, Louis can relate to her when she says the last part, because he feels the same way.

But then again no one should have to go through what they will have to do tomorrow.

"Can I play music?" Lottie says and Louis just hands her the AUX cord so she can play something that they will have as the soundtrack for their road trip. She starts playing this is me trying and Louis can feel a small tear fall down his cheek, he wipe it away before Lottie notice it.

It's not like him to cry, but there is just so much that is messed up with the world right now that there is nothing else that feels right. How could Connor get the guy? Like seriously he never actually thought that Harry would stay with him, he had this whole idea of the two of them being together and starting a life.

But it was just wishful thinking, now here he is alone once again.

"How's Jack?"

"How's Harry?"

The two of them giving each other a look and that is the end of that conversation, or any conversation that they will have while driving back to Doncaster.

It's almost two in the morning when Louis parks outside the house that have all the lights out. The rain is starting to softly fall down and neither of them is making any effort of actually getting out of the car, neither of them wants to be here.

"Can we just stay here?" Lottie asks Louis, tears threatening to fall from her eyes, she curse herself for being so emotional now, she actually thought she would make it in to the house before starting feeling all this.

"Want to go for a drive?" Louis asks her, scared that she will say no, because he can't handle going in just yet.

She nods and they back out of the driveway that they just parked at and starts driving down the dark street, most street lights are broken and Louis can't help but remember all the times he have tried to walk home in the dark.

They drive for a while until they end up at the football field that Louis used to play at when he was younger, the rain is now pouring down making it hard to see anything through the window.

Lottie opens the door and steps out in to the rain letting it hit her face when she looks up at the sky, she finally lets the tears fall down together with the rain, they blend together.

Louis doesn't question her, he just follow her lead and turn off the car, taking the key and stepping out in to the cold air. The both of them are just standing there in the rain letting it completely soak them.

Louis looks over at Lottie and even though he can't be sure he think she's crying, he knows that he is.

"I don't think I can do this Louis." Lottie says and her voice cracks in the middle of the sentence, breaking her big brothers heart when it does.

"Good, because this isn't something you should be able to do." Louis says feeling himself break down with every word.

"How am I supposed to go on?"

"By taking every day as it comes, just putting one foot in front of the other until it finally gets a little easier to breathe." Louis tries so hard to comfort his sister but it's hard when he doesn't know how he is going to handle it himself.

Lottie turns away from him and slowly starts to walk out in to the middle of the field laying down there just letting the rain hit her whole body. Louis walks up to her and lay down beside her, the both of them just lying there getting cold and wet. Lottie's blonde hair is stained by mud from the field.

"How can you just say goodbye to the person who... who just means more than words to you?" Lottie is full on sobbing by now and Louis doesn't know what to answer to that, because he haven't figured out the answer himself.