Him

Chapter One

XiaoBai[小白]

It has been four days since I was saved by the heavenly king and my mind and heart have been in turmoil, surprisingly I have been able to focus on my lessons or maybe it's because they are based on a certain someone. My parents have been giving me weird looks and honestly it's fun to watch, father went to my uncle to ask whether had I came by to talk to him about something that might be bothering me. I've been dreaming of the silver head your majesty and if my whip wounds had healed I would be heaven already, all I need to do is to bribe Yang Yang to put me into Heavenly Kings palace so that I can serve him. I'm very popular in heaven but popular for all the wrong reasons, I think that's how the heavenly king knew where I live, I'm so lost in thought that I fail to hear my uncle call me until he shook me lightly I smiled at him sweetly. "Uncle sorry I didn't hear you." He returned my smile with his warm one. "What can I do for you today?" I asked not really meaning the question but he answered me anyway. " I was wondering would you like to accompany me to heaven." My ears perked up at hearing that I feel warm already. " Oh why?" I tried to sound less interested but I was more than excited. " Just some official business to handle with the heavenly king." He stated but the look in his eyes said something else. "Okay I will go with you." I said but not liking the sinking feeling that I have, he healed my wounds and we cloud jumped to heaven.
Heavenly is always breath taking golden clouds adorning the sky, wild flowers surrounding the palace structures and it's clear white walls that give you the illusion that you're staring into water. We walk up to the hall where important meetings are held, there huge square building that always gives you the feeling that you're walking side ways, the sweet baby blue walls hugged by ancient paintings and touched by flowers that entangled themselves with the wall and the big seat in front where the king sits. The hall is quite packed it seemed like everyone here brought their young ones or rather people my age, we sit down as we await for the heavenly and for the first time I realised that everyone is staring at me. I fidgeted a little then settled quietly when they announced the arrival of the king we all got up and greeted him, he was wearing a white inner-robe with a purple and white sash and a light purple outer robe  his hair was tied into a neat tight bun but the long tresses by his face still falling freely. I looked at my uncle and he was staring at me but his eyes were full of guilt. "Let the meeting begin." The king announced, my uncle got up and bowed. " Your Majesty this is my niece Bai Fengjiu." I stand up and bow before the king. "Bai Fengjiu greets your Majesty." I looked up to see staring back at me and I could feel the hair in my neck rise, another elder stood up and introduced his son Jiao-long the king hummed in a monotone. " I take it that means Bai Fengjiu and Jiao-long will be getting married?" My lungs stopped working and I felt suffocated married! What?! How?! Why?! I could see my uncle's mouth moving but I couldn't hear a word he was saying and he seemed to be getting further and further away, I could feel the tears prickling my eyes such deciet and I don't remember what had happened next. When I woke up I was lying in a very comfortable soft bed, cream walls, soft candle light and the scent of sandalwood. "You're awake." I heard a voice say, I got up to sit only to be met by the king's face it was so close enough for me to kiss but instead I closed my eyes and held my breathe. "Breathe." He said softly and moved away from me, I released the breath I was holding because I started feeling light headed. "Why am I here? Where is my uncle?" I questioned while looking around. "Your uncle went back to the fox cave to get your parents and you're here because you fainted." Then I remembered the word marriage and I feel like I'm going to puke. "You're young marriage is good for you." He looked at me but I chose not to answer him. " Don't you want to get married? He questioned, not if I'm not getting married to you! I thought bitterly. "No I don't." He looked at me to see if I'm joking. "Why?" He asked again but for some reason I was getting annoyed. " You're not married and you don't see anyone trying to get you married, as to why I don't need a reason." I snapped at him and he smiled a rare by beautiful smile, " you have quiet a temper don't you?" He mock laughed but I ignored him. " Jiao-long is waiting for you." My anger that had subsided returned I got up from the bed and went outside to find a beautiful milky skinned boy wearing a baby blue robe with long jet black hair let loose only clipped on the sides. " Excuse me." I said softly and he looked at me, charcoal doe eyes stared at him. " Princess how do you feel?" He smiled warmly at me. " I'm fine now, I was just shocked that's all."  He gave another warm smile. " Oh I'm glad, shall we discuss the wedding." And I frowned at him. " What wedding?" He looked bewildered. "O-our wedding." Although he made a statement it sounded more like a question. "I don't want to get married." I said sweetly, " bu-but the heavenly king has agreed." My temper flies off the roof. " What does he know? His not me! I am the one who will be marrying you not him, don't I have say in this?" He looked annoyed but didn't say anything. "XiaoBai." I heard his voice and my temper melted and the name he used to call me, turned me into mush on the inside. "That's no way to speak." He reprimanded me and just like that I ran away. I bumped into Yang Yang and he looked more pissed than I was, "Yang what happened? Are you okay?" His face looked puce but when he looked into my eyes, relief could be seen. " I heard you're getting married." The annoyance could clearly be seen on his face, I snorted and he looked at me. " If you think I'm getting married clearly you don't know me." He snorted as well, "it seems like they underestimated you." He laughed half heartedly. "Yang Yang could I ask you for a favour." I asked him sweetly, his smooth pale face skin was now smeared with frown lines as he knit his eyebrows together. "I don't like it when you say that but what can I do for you Princess." I smiled brightly at him, "I need to get into the palace in order for me to pay back your majesties kindness." Yang Yang stood there stupified for a moment then a small smile broke.