A Moment To Remember

Chapter Eighteen

XiaoBai

I woke sleeping on the bed with mother and father sitting on the foot of the bed, I sat up slowly and their eyes turned to me. "Xiaojiu what happened?" Father asked gently. "Nothing father." He hummed in response. "How long have I been sleeping?" I wondered since I couldn't tell them time. "It just been an hour." My face falls, how disappointing mother saw my reaction and she tried to coax me. " Xiaojiu listen we are not going to force this marriage but keep an open mind, maybe one day you will change your mind. We have sent them back and they will wait until you are ready, I'm sorry sweetheart."  For the first time I smiled a genuine smile. "You truly are my daughter." Father commented. "How about you cook us some delicious food." I nodded and jumped out of bed and started preparing the food, a few minutes later it was ready. "Xiaojiu you seem to be waiting for something that's why you're so reluctant to get married, what are you waiting for?" Father asked while we were eating in comfortable silence, I was about to answer when the wand to the front cave moved indicating that somebody was outside. Father got up too see who it was I heard a gasp and then a soft voice and then father returned with surprised, after a few seconds His majesty came in even I was shocked. What is he doing here? Wasn't he supposed to send a marriage proposal or maybe he changed his mind, my parents were about to bow to him but he stopped them. "No need for these formalities, I'm here for a different purpose." Father smiled his dark eyes shinning swiftly, father admired his majesty and although he considered him cold and aloof he never had anything bad thing to say about, he was really a kind ruler. "Xiaojiu." Mother called but I didn't hear her. "Xiaojiu!" My mother shook me I looked at her dazed. "Ah..uh.. yes mother?" She looked at me strangely. "Make some tea for his majesty." I turned from her to him and he was laughing at me, his were filled with laughter but my feet couldn't move it was like I was hypothesized until mother smacked me at the back of my head, I came out of my dazed state and went to the kitchen to make some tea and I placed the tea in front of him then I stepped back. "Leave us." Mother said I wanted to whine but I thought I will just eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Your majesty what brings you here?" Father inquired you could feel the happiness in his voice. "Bai Peizhi  I'm here to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage." He stated in a simple tone both my parents choked on their drinks they a really getting good at this choking game. "Your Majesty what do you mean?" Father inquired clearly dumbstruck. "I want to marry Bai Fengjiu and make her my wife." Seventh heaven that's where I was right now, my heart was beating fast. "How lucky we are to receive such a great favour from you but why may I ask." I could feel the smile in his voice. "I love her that why." It was my turn to choke, my saliva almost killed me. "Bai Peizhi, XiaoBai is very smart and strong she doesn't like to bullied and doesn't like to be told what to do she has all the traits of being an Empress but I know that titles and status don't mean much to her or mean anything. XiaoBai is not materialistic she prefers loves and attention, I know that she's young and still needs to grow but XiaoBai has stolen my heart but not just my heart, she's stolen my soul and has changed my world completely and I want to share my life with her. XiaoBai didn't capture with her looks but with her heart, she has a pure golden heart and I don't want anyone to have but me, XiaoBai has done a lot for my sake and also suffered a lot for my sake and everything she did for me was never for show or for the whole to see. She kept her love for me secretly and preciously, she handed herself over to me without me knowing she also been an angel shadow besides me. Now I want to love her without restriction, be with her and nurture her I want to give her the same love she has given me and more but most importantly I need XiaoBai to survive because I cannot imagine a world without you, I exist because she exists." I was crying, child tears were falling on my face. My parents were quite for a while. "Do you promise to give her a good marriage." Father's voice sounded hoarse I was surprised the mighty fox king crumbled at the words of his majesty. "I don't know what the future holds and I can't promise that life will always be sweet or that I won't fail her in some way but I do promise to give her freedom, I will let her grow according to her nature to do as she pleases and to fulfill whatever she needs just as long as I'm by her side. XiaoBai is young and lively she has childlike tendencies and I don't want her to grow out of it, the spark she has now I want it to glow even brighter never losing its beauty. Father cleared his voice. "I accept everything you just said but you know it's not up to me but her." His voice was still hoarse. "Xiaojiu." Father called for me I quickly wiped away my tears and cleared my voice. "Yes father." I said as I went to the living area. "Come and kneel here." I went to kneel besides him casting my eyes down, I didn't want to look at his majesty because I wasn't sure how much self control I had. "Xiaojiu dijun has come to ask for your hand in marriage." I looked up into his face, his eyes had unshed tears. Hah your majesty can even make grown men cry, "I accept his proposal." Both my parents gasped then I looked at his majesty. "Come here." He called, I got up quickly and went to his side. "What did you do XiaoBai?" His eyes were so soft and I was lost in them. "What are you talking about." I asked suddenly feeling heat deep inside my belly. "You activated the powers I gave you so soon, I told you to be good." He whispered. "I was good I don't know what happened." I whispered back. "You got too angry XiaoBai." He whispered against my lips, it felt like we were in bubble where only me and existed. " Never get angry again." He brushed his lips against mine lightly and the ability to speak left me. " I will see you in ten days when we get married." He kissed me softly and he was gone, when I looked around the cave I was all by myself. My parents nowhere to be seen, I saw a note telling me to go to uncle."

At the peach groove the flower's looked strange it was like there were falling but never reaching the ground, everything looked purplish pink but with a midnight glow. Purple doves came and circled around my head creating a crown of flowers, only then I realised I was in a Phoenix embroidered robe with a deep dark purple colour and gold trimmings, I lifted my hands to touch my head and under the crown my hair was neatly groomed into a tight secure bun adorned with what felt like a fox hair pin. When I looked up at the sky they were stars and they also haeve the illusion that they were falling, mist engulfed me and I closed my eyes as I felt like I was being lifted up then when I opened my eyes his majesty was kneeling in front of me, with my parents and uncle standing behind him. "XiaoBai I give my heart to you from this day forward and for all eternity, my Empress my love I bow down to you." He bowed three times then he stood up. "I will always cherish you." He kissed my forehead softly. "I thought I was seeing you in ten days." I whispered and he gave me a small smile." This was necessary." He said looking behind me, I followed his eyes then realised what I had failed to see, all the fox clan people and the heavenly lord were here kneeling, my parents and uncle also joined them." Congratulations Your Majesty Dong Hua dijun and Empress Bai Fengjiu." Everyone said in unison."Rise." His majesty said then he turned his gaze back to me. "Be good XiaoBai don't make me worry, and enjoy this little banquet I will see you soon." and just like before he disappeared leaving me in a dazed love bubble, I love you and I hope I get to tell you that soon.