XiaoBai

Chapter Seventeen

XiaoBai

We have been here for two months now and I honestly have been having the time of my life, I have been getting to know his majesty more and more but all good things come to an end but he promised to send a marriage proposal meaning that I had to go back to the fox cave and wait there. "Don't take to o long otherwise I will write it myself." I said as we reached the fox clan border he looked amused. "XiaoBai be good." He kissed my forehead and disappeared, I walked towards the fox cave but dreading to meet my parents. When I arrived there was elders wearing blue and silver robes looking mighty and elegant kneeling outside, I bowed and greeted them and I went inside the fox cave; father and mother had visitors another couple wearing blue and silver robes sat across them drinking tea. "Ahh there you are, you're back." Mother chirped making the other couple to turn towards me." Xiaojiu this is the King and Queen of the western sea." Father explained. "Bai Fengjiu greets you." I said as I bowed, the woman smiled warmly at me while the man looked at me like I was something to eat. "You truly are beautiful as my son said." She said turning to my parents. "Now that she's here may we start?" Mother appeared nervous while father was unreadable. "Xiaojiu come sit next to me." Mother said while stealing a quick glance in my direction. I went and sat next to her clearly oblivious to what was happening. "Princess Fengjiu my son has been quite taken by you, he had asked us to come and ask for your hand in marriage." She smiled brightly. "Oh." That's all I managed to say. "He said there was some misunderstandings between you two and he wanted us to come and salvage things between you." She made eye contact with my parents. "You know how boys are they never know how to say the right things." I was just staring blankly at her I couldn't form any words. "Here." Three kits boxes of expensive looking jewellery appeared, and a case of fine silky expensive robes. "He asked us to bring these for you, of course you will get more when you get married." She seemed proud of her son but the anger bubbling inside of me was hard to ignore. "What do you take me for?" The question came as a surprise to everyone including myself I needed to stop voicing every single thing I thought. "Xiaojiu!" Father yelled but the woman across us just smiled, her sea blue eyes crinkling brightly. "Oh it's alright, it was just a slip of tongue." She looked at me sternly. "Would you like to take a look at your gifts?" Mother elbowed me but I wasn't buying it. "No, these are not my gifts for I have not accepted them." The king smiled at me. "I told you this was not as easy as you thought." Father was getting impatient. "Who is your son again?" Everyone eyes widened. "Princess Fengjiu don't you remember crown prince Lei Huan." In her eyes I probably looked like an ignorant person. "How could I remember everyone I meet." My anger was on the verge of exploding and I think mother could see it. "That's understandable Princess however you should remember him because he is your fated husband." The king cut in. "Oh and just because he's my fated husband I should remember him? Fated husband? Fated to me by who because I make my own fate." I heard a barely audible gasp from my father. "Princess Bai Fengjiu everyone has a chosen one that's the way it is, eventually sooner or later you would have to get married." The queen looked at me as if she was warning me, casting my eyes down she sighed thinking she had won. "Even so what made you think I would want to marry your son." Everyone was glaring at me now. "Xiaojiu that's enough." Mother's anger finally got the best of her. "Enough? What is enough mother? I want to know why do they think that their son is worthy of me? This is my life right? You're not the one who will be getting married right? It will be me. Just because they took their time and came here doesn't mean I will flatter them and agree to everything they say." I could see mother and father's eyes about to pop out. "Our son has great cultivation for people in his age, he has great archery skills, he is the best fighter and very good at swordsmanship." The king boasted and the queen nodded in agreement with my parents smiling. "And you think that's enough for me to marry him?." Their faces fell immediately. " Both our clans will benefit greatly  from this union, you will be the Crown Prince Consort and you'll be staying at our palace while our son handles things." I held the bridge of my noise." What exactly will my people benefit from this union because as far as I can tell, the fox clan already has accomplished a lot of things while your clan still needs to  catch up. Crown Princess Consort is just a fancy name holding no words so I will be sitting in the palace while your son handles things, are you implying that I'm not capable of ruling my own people?" The anger was starting to overpower me. "No that's not what I meant, I  think you misunderstood me, you're fit to rule your people but you wouldn't have too all you have to do is be a loyal and good wife. All you will need to worry about is looking pretty and what clothes you will wear and spending time with me." That was it the anger I had tried to keep down exploded ten folds. " You leave the western seas and come here with your fancy and expensive things, thinking I will be taken by it and hand over my people, you're sitting there all high and mighty but the only thing you talk about is beauty, my beauty is not for show off I am not and I will be not treated like some dumb toy." My anger flared and father slammed his fist against the table. "Xiaojiu watch your language! Now you will do as I say, you will marry the crown prince or so help me!" I felt heat from deep within my soul, I was burning up." I will not marry someone I don't love!" I yelled loudly I felt something spread out on my back, I was panting from the anger I was feeling. Everyone's eyes went wide. "Xiaojiu are you feeling alright." Mother asked worriedly. "I'm fine why?" I asked trying to get ahold of myself. "Look in the mirror." Everyone stood up with me as I looked at the mirror and I gasped, there was a purple glow around me and a fiery purple shield even my eyes had turned a shade of violet, I tried to calm down and as I did the fiery purple shield would dim out and my eyes started turning back to normal. Eventually I got ahold of my temper and I was completely back to normal, I looked back at the eight pair of eyes staring at me wildly. "I think we should talk about this later, I think Princess Bai Fengjiu needs time to think and calm down." I excused myself and went into my room, I sat down on the floor in a lotus position closed my eyes and meditated, my spiritual power was glowing a very strong purple colour so was my magic at first I didn't understand and then it clicked, his majesty! I share the same powers as him now; I summoned some magic into my hands and it was glowing purple. His majesty, suddenly I felt lovesick and I wanted to see him and hold him but I knew I had too wait and eventually I drifted into a deep slumber.