My Home

Chapter Eleven

Dong Hua

I have found a new reason
A new reason to live, a new reason to smile
A new reason to love
A new reason to trust
I have seen my home in your eyes
I have seen what love looks like
What loved should be and what love could be
Your love is my home
Your heart is my home,
How have I lived this long without you.
XiaoBai I never want to see sadness in your eyes, I never want your heart to cry or bleed out for me anymore
I want your heart and soul
I want all of it now XiaoBai,
How can one person love me so much
You have placed your hand in a forbidden area and you're holding on and I don't want you to let go,
XiaoBai I wonder what eternity with you will be like,
You will bloom like spring flowers when you grow and you'll be more beautiful than now,
How I'd love to watch you grow but XiaoBai you must also not put me in despair by putting yourself in danger.
I don't think I could live with myself if anything happened to you,
I want you to smile, laugh and dream and be whatever you desire and have everything you desire
I promise to be there for you forever.

I watched XiaoBai as she was chasing after the butterflies and giggling like a naughty child, her face had a childlike wonder and I marvel at this moment Mm indeed you have stolen me. "Dijun!" She called for me her face bubbling up with excitement. "What is it XiaoBai." She skips her way to my side sitting on the bed and folding her legs she leaned against me. "This is breathtaking, purple is my new favourite colour." She sounded like she was lost in a day dream. "Mm why is that?" She looked at me and a sweet smile graced her lips. "Purple is a reminder of you, purple is a reminder of our home, purple is a reminder of my home in you." XiaoBai you're so good at these sweet talk words, how could I ever compare I feel like I had been living in darkness and now I'm starting to the world differently. "XiaoBai we need to go back now." Her face fell and I couldn't help but laugh at her."Silly girl we will come back, I don't want your uncle to think I did something to you." She nodded as she took one last look around, she was very quite on our way back but at least she was happy. She started humming a very sweet melody and I was captivated by it, it was one of those melodies parents sang to their children when they were sleeping. When we arrived in heaven as expected Zhe Yan was waiting for us. "Uncle..Uncle." XiaoBai chirped and he smiled at her. "You look healthy." He commented and he looked at me. "Your majesty thank you." He bowed softly, I nodded my head. " I will leave you two alone." I looked at XiaoBai."Come find me at the palace." She nodded and I left her with her uncle.

XiaoBai

My heart felt like a million butterflies had erupted within my body and my soul, I didn't quite trust that he may really feel this way but nonetheless I was happy. "Xiaojiu your parents have been worried about you." My uncle stared matter-of-factley. "I know I haven't been a good daughter I'll go see them." My uncle was giving me a sided guilty look. "What is it uncle?" But before he could answer Yang Yang interrupted us. "Little Princess! Do you know how worried I was! You careless child!" A strange look flashed through my uncle's face but he excused himself and told me he would see me at home. "You worry too much Yang Yang beside his majesty really needed my help." I felt giddy by just saying his name. "You are stupid that's what you are." I was taken aback a bit but I didn't want to ruin my good mood. "I'm going to the palace I'll see you." He looked into my eyes there was a strange emotion swirling in those green eyes. "He's never going to love you." He whispered to himself but I heard him and I chose to ignore him although apart of me believed it too but I was holding on to hope. I ran to the palace and again I wasn't focusing where I was going and I bumped into somebody. "Oh sorry." I didn't even look up and I was already running again. His majesty was sitting in the middle of the room in a lotus position, he was meditating his purple glow surrounded him it was peaceful and quiet. I sat in front of him and started meditating with my eyes open because I wanted to see him, even I knew that this was not meditating his purple glow disappeared but he didn't move or opened his eyes and I moved closer to him face to face, his sandalwood scent had wrapped itself around me like a blanket his breath was soft and steady, an imperfect beauty I moved closer to him until I was close enough that I could kiss him but he suddenly opened his eyes catching me off guard. "What are you doing XiaoBai?" His sweet breath fanned my face and my head swam. "Trying to steal another kiss." He whispered softly his eyes were piercing me and his lips were begging me to kiss them. "XiaoBai don't look at me like that." He said softly but I honestly didn't care I wanted his lips on mine. "Okay you did this to me." He closed the distance between us and his soft lips touched mine, sweet and gentle was his kiss a sweet cotton candy kiss but neither of us were prepaid for what i did next. I deepened the kiss biting at his lower lip and pulled him towards me, immediately he become unresponsive I carried on kissing him but after a moment I realised what I had done and I let of his lip and untangled myself from him, I couldn't meet his eyes. He put his index finger under my chin and lifted up my face, his eyes were gentle and soft. "XiaoBai why am I going to do with you? You're really testing my patience." I could feel the traitor blush spreading in my cheeks to my neck and the rest of my body." Your majesty." I said breathlessly. "Mm what is it XiaoBai." He coaxed me. " I need to go back to the fox cave, my parents are worried about me." I looked into his eyes as my head spined. "Take your time XiaoBai I will be right here." He caressed my face gently. "When I get back I want us to go back to our sanctuary." He lightly gasped and smiled at me. "Okay." I pecked his lips one time and with a heavy heart I left the palace.