Trouble

Chapter Nine

XiaoBai

My love grows every second and in every moment,
I tried to live without it but it nearly killed me
I know this will end very badly for me but I can't help what I'm feeling.
I'd rather be a million broken pieces than to live a day without feeling the love I have for you,
I'd rather be in pain then not to love you
I will endure it but soon I too will give up.

After finishing preparing the meal I carried it and went back to the palace, he still had is eyes closed I laid the dish on his low table and prepared some tea for him. "Mm what's that smell?" I turned to find him looking at me, walking towards me. " I made you something to eat." He sat down by the low table and nibbled on the fish, as if testing if it was edible after a second he ate it finishing it and humming in appreciation. "Here, drink this soup it will boost your energy." He complied with any complaints, he smiled gently at me. "XiaoBai takes care of me well, I'm happy." I halted my movements but I couldn't be sure what I heard was real but I answered anyway. "Your Empress will do a better job." Even I could feel the disappointment in my voice. "What Empress XiaoBai?" His majesty always played pranks on therefore I didn't say anything, I cleaned up his dishes and came back and set next to him. He stared at me for a while and stood up. "Take a walk with me." We walked around heaven and he took my hand and we went down to the mortal realm, he took my hand in his and we kept walking in comfortable silence. When I looked up his face he was frowning and you could tell he wasn't pleased by something." Your majesty what's wrong." His eyes fall on me and they soften a bit. "Nothing is wrong XiaoBai don't worry." My palms got sweaty as my heart rate spiked up, "Why are your palms sweaty?" He asked innocently and I wanted to lie but it was hopeless. "I like it when you call me XiaoBai, no one else called me that." He stops walking and a bright smile touched his lips stopping me from breathing. "How can a man be this beautiful." I looked at me and he was staring intensely at me. "So you think you I'm beautiful." He said as a statement not a question, I face palmed myself when I realised I had said that out loud. "XiaoBai do you know what you're like when your sick." My face turned beet red and the embarassment that had been long forgotten resurfaced. "You are..." I put my hands against his mouth. "I know... I know...no need to say it out loud." He was laughing at me and I didn't understand why. "Has anyone else seen you sick besides me." Again this question feels a test like if I said he didn't want I'd fail something. " No.. apart from my parents and uncle no one has." I looked at his face and he seemed pleased by my answer, we kept walking some more but I was getting tired. "We should go back now, we need to cloud jump will you be okay?" I nodded eagerly. "Just don't speed through the clouds, I don't want to be dizzy." He nodded and we cloud jumped, actually the clouds looked pretty beautiful and amazing when traveling at a smaller pace. I wanted to ask his majesty about his bride to be, I haven't seen her even once I don't think any woman would leave his majesty all by himself. Out of nowhere a sword came flying towards us, have such I good vision I manage to block it out in time his majesty looked at me and halted the movement, six demon soldiers charged at us and we fought them but obviously no one could beat his majesty in seconds they had disappeared. When we arrived in heaven he took me to Yang Yang there was urgency in his eyes. "Stay here." He said then he looked at Yang Yang. "Take care of her." When he was about to walk out I grabbed his robe. "Be safe." I whispered, he touched my forehead  and without saying a word he left. "Where is he going?" I turned to Yang Yang but he avoided my eyes. "Tell me!". I demanded. " Sorry Fengjiu but I can't tell you." Will see about that. " Can you atleast tell me what happened." He sighed heavily. " It has something to do with the ghost clan." I remembered our little encounter they were looking to cause trouble, I knew we shouldn't have trust that Wang Lee. Before I could get up Yang Yang stopped me. "Don't even think about it." Acting defeated I sat down but the moment he lowered his guard I was out, all I heard was the mad hissing of my name. I tried cloud jumping but as always I sucked at it but it got me where I wanted to be, at the ghost lands it's quite dark and ashy you would swear they burn coal in this place, his majesty was surrounded by more than fifty or so demons, all of them had their swords out. "I've been looking for an opportunity like this." Wang Lee stated but as always his majesty didn't say anything. "Who is that goddess you were with she's a really beauty, I would love to sink my teeth into her." Anger seeped through his Majesty's eyes, I hide behind a big rock and try to form a fire balls but I know my magic is too weak but I have to try, I practice a little longer when I suddenly heard the clanking of swords. The demons had started attacking his majesty and he was keeping up with everyone, Xiaojiu you have to transform into your fox form in order for the fire balls to work I thought to myself then a second later, I threw myself into the fight. "XiaoBai!" His majesty called my name but I didn't have time to react as I had my own soldiers to fight, out of nowhere Wang Lee cuts in front of me and started attacking." You're so beautiful I could eat you." Maddened by those words I stabbed his abdomen, many of his puppets came to the rescue and they all started attacking, his majesty came and fought by side. "XiaoBai I thought I told you to stay in heaven." Again I didn't answer him and the more we fought, the more demons popped up and I didn't want his majesty wasting anymore magic. I transformed into my fox form and realised fire on hell many of the demon soldiers started running away, and many perished in the fire now his majesty was only fighting with the demon king. I transformed back to my human form which was not a good idea on my part or smart in anyway and I continued helping his majesty fight Wang Lee, soon we defeated him and other gods from heaven came. His majesty came towards me as I was about to fall to the ground, he held me closely to him. "XiaoBai he whispered." I smiled sweetly at him. "Dijun I'm so tired I feel very sleepy." I said but he shook his head. "XiaoBai you cannot sleep, you need to stay awake." He was getting further and further. "Okay I won't." but soon I had slipped into unconsciousness.