Chapter 1

"Maddie! Breakfast is ready!" Justin called, waking me up from my deep sleep. I groaned, sitting up and rubbing my eyes as the sun shone through the curtains of my bedroom. "Uh...Mondays." I moaned, falling back onto my bed, not bothering to get up. I looked up at the ceiling, dreading the thought of going to school. "Maddie come on! Breakfast is ready!" Justin called again. I sighed, dragging myself out of bed and walking into my bathroom.
I tied back my hair and turned on the tap and washing my face. As well as my face, I rubbed some water over my forearms to get the sting away from my scars. I looked over them, the lines visible and full of dark memories. I grew weak remembering everything and switched off the tap. I dried myself before going into my bedroom to do my make up and hair by brushing through my long brown waves that fall to my stomach. I put it in a messy ponytail and changed into some white, very skinny high waisted jeans, a black, wooly elbow length jumper, a pair of converse and my bracelets. I looked at myself in the mirror before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.
As I walked into the kitchen I saw Maisie and Michael sitting at the breakfast table eating and Justin putting away some pots in the cupboards. Maisie looked up and noticed me, smiling. "Hey it's Maddie Moo!" She cheered, showing her bright smile. I smiled slightly, moving over and sitting on a chair next to Michael. "Morning Mads!" Michael said, leaning over and kissing my cheek. I wiped it off, pulling him a disgusted look, making him chuckle. Justin walked over and a croissant in front of me. "Eat up Moo." He smiled, brushing my hair out of my face. "Thanks" I muttered, nibbling at the food.
After I finished, Michael stood up. "How about I drive you to school then?" He said, walking out the kitchen. "Um ok. Bye guys!" I said to Maisie and Justin. "Bye!" They chorused, carrying on. I followed Michael out the front door and into his Audi Q7. He started the engine and reversed out the drive, before driving down the road.
*skip car journey*
After about 10 minutes, we finally reached school. "Thanks Michael." I said, smiling over at him. "It's fine. Hope you enjoy your day." He said, kissing my forehead. "Ok, bye Big brother!" I cheered, climbing out the car. "Bye littlest sister! I'll pick you up later!" Michael called as I walked into the school gates and he was gone. I shook my head, thankful to get away from home. I walked through the car park full of teenagers, running around, in their groups of friends and making out. I rolled my eyes as I passed one couple snogging against a car. "Gross." I muttered, walking into the building.
I walked down the crowded hallway, past lockers after lockers till I finally reached the right one which belonged to me. I did the code and opened it up, pulling out my books for today. "Maddie!" I heard someone call my name, turning around to see my best friend, Sam running towards me. "Hey!" I called as she finally reached me. "How was your weekend?" She asked, leaning against the row of lockers. "Boring as hell! Yours?" I replied. "Oh nothing special, went to our grandparents with bloody David!" She groaned, rolling her eyes. David was her younger brother who was 10 years old. "Oh come on your brother isn't that bad!" I laughed, shutting my locker. "He is!!! Honestly! You are lucky to be the youngest in your family!" Sam exclaimed, as the bell rung for students to head to class. I laughed as we made our way down the hall.
"What class do you have?" I asked, turning to Sam. I watched as her brown, shoulder-length curls bobbed up and down her hazel eyes dancing. "Oh Chemistry! You?" She answered. "Maths. I suck at it!" I whined, as we turned a corner from the bustling crowd. I turned to see Ashley and her evil minions standing by her locker laughing and probably bitching about people at the school, for instance me. She caught my eye and pulled a stuck up face and turned away. I rolled my eyes and carried on walking. "My classrooms here! I'll catch you at break Mads!" Sam said, running to the science block. I nodded, turning left to the Maths classroom B for my lesson.
I walked in to the classroom filled with quite a few people. There were a few footballers, hippies, burn outs and of course a few other people. I walked to the back of the classroom to take a seat just as the second bell went to signal first period has begun. A few more people sat down including Ashley and her minions before the teacher walked in and shut the door. "Right students today we will be learning Algebra and how to work out it's sums and questions-" Miss May began. "Um Miss May?" Ryan, Captain of the football team spoke up. "Yes Ryan?" Miss May replied. "Um are you still single?" Ryan joked, smirking. A couple of people congratulated him making the close laugh. "Ryan dentention." Miss May said, making Ryan shut up. "Anyway as I was saying, please turn to pages 146 in your text book..."
I zoned out completely, looking out the window. I could tell this would be a long day....