Chapter 16

I sat the breakfast table the next morning, unable to hide my big wide smile as I ate my breakfast. Justin noticed and furrowed his eyebrows at me.
"What's up with you?" He asked, pulling out the chair opposite me and sitting down. I looked up at him, the grin still on my face. Justin has his mousy hair in a quiff and a pair of Jean shorts on with a light grey tank top covering his upper body since he had the day off work today. Justin still didn't know I was out yesterday, and hopefully he never will!
If he did, he would have killed me since I was not given permission from him especially.
"Oh just happy I guess." I sighed, taking a bite of my Nutella on toast and taking a sip of my orange juice.
"Just happy?" Justin questioned, raising one eyebrow. I gave him the just-go-along-with-it face, making him look down and carry on eating. "So was Harry alright yesterday?" Maisie asked, standing at the sink and washing the dishes. "Yeah he was fine." I replied, looking back at turning to face her. "Good, he seemed rather tense yesterday. Poor boy! Not sure why tho." Maisie sighed, making me smile slightly. I knew. I knew why he was tense.
I stood up, walking over and placing my dirty plate in the sink, letting Maisie clean it for me. I walked around the kitchen aimlessly, not exactly sure what to do today. I turned back to see Maisie, Michael and Justin all watching me, slight confusion on their faces. "What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and putting my hands on my hips. "Nothing, you just look bored for once in your life!" Michael breathed out, smiling at me. I smiled back, squinting at my older brother.
"Well you know what, I am actually so any ideas of what I can do?" I asked, letting out a deep sigh. I watched as all their faces thought for a moment, thinking. "Oo! You could go visit Harry!" Maisie sang, making Michael and Justin let out a really deep sigh. I held in my laugh, knowing Maisie absolutely loved Harry. "Actually, not a bad idea! I'll see you guys later!" I said, kissing each an everyone of them on the cheek before running out of the hallway.
I wanted to see Harry, I wanted to see him after yesterday. "Bye!" I yelled, opening the front door. "Bye!" I heard them all yell back, I smiled before stepping outside and shutting the door behind me. The summer breeze hit my face, causing me to sigh in relief for some odd reason. I must have been hot in their or something, since it was quiet hot in Holmes Chapel today. I walked down the driveway, kicking the stones until I reached the pathway and followed it to the right.
I did know where Harry lived because he told me, in case I ever needed him. I sighed, glancing up at the sun, shining down on the Earth before looking back down at the pathway. I looked at my legs, since I was wearing some shorts. Naturally tanned, and no hair at all. I looked at my floral tank top I was wearing also, which was tucked into my shorts and I had a pair of white converse on my feet. I had a black cardie on, which was probably absorbing all the heat and my wavy brown hair was left hanging down to my chest.
I turned at left at the end of my road, the crossed another road so I was walking on the right. I passed Holmes Chapels bakery and continued, knowing I was going the right way. I walked past an alleyway, continuing down the pathway as I wasn't a keen person on Alleys and speed walked past it. It looked dark and gloomy, also it smelt terrible! I shook my head, muttering to myself something I didn't even hear and continued.
I hummed the tune to Stay with Me by Sam Smith as cars passed by me and I made my way down a different road, Coles street, which was where Harry lived.
I continued walking, looking at the houses and looking for Harry's number. What number did he say he was? I think it's 14. I thought, watching as I passed no. 6 and no.7. I carried on till I reached no.14, noticing the familiar black Range Rover parked in the driveway, smiling to myself before walking out the drive.
I walked up the stone steps, and stopped in front of the front door. I looked at it, slightly nervous and raised my hand to knock just as the door flung open and yanked me in.
I fell to the ground, putting my hands out before my face and heard the door slam behind me. I gritted my teeth as pain scorched my hands, as I landed on my bum. "What are you doing here?" I glanced up to see Harry looking down at me, totally concerned and annoyed. I brushed my hands on my thighs and looked up at Harry, glaring at him. "I came to see you, why the bloody hell did you pull me to the ground?!" I asked, staring hard at him.
I could see Harry shuffle around, uncomfortable by my stare. If stared could hurt, Harry would be dead right now. "Cause I'm expecting someone." Harry muttered, holding out his hand for me to take. I looked at his hand then back at him, rolling my eyes before taking his large hand in my small hand. Harry pulled me up, so I was standing up right, as I quickly let go of his hand still showing I was angry. Harry sighed, knowing he shouldn't have yanked me to the floor and kissed my temple, sending butterflies to my stomach. "Look I'm sorry ok?" Harry asked, lifting my chin up so my brown eyes looked at straight back at him. I sighed, closing my eyes thinking for a moment. I didn't know what I was thinking about, just anything apart from who Harry could be waiting for. I opened my eyes to see Harry still looking at me, his lips inches away from my own.
"It's fine I guess." I mumbled, smiling at him. Harry smirked, his eyes filled with its usual cheekiness and colour. "Good, cause now I can do this." Harry whispered, before leaning forward and crashing his lips onto mine. I kissed back slowly, still trying to get used to the contact and feeling the butterflies and fireworks all over again.
I pulled away from the kiss, looking down at the floor and biting my lip. "Let's go into the living room." Harry smiled, taking my hand in his and leading me into his living room.
Harry's house was rather large, tidy and quiet. I saw no sign of his parents being around, which got me wondering. Did Harry live with his parents? Well he had to since he was only 18 and I'm just 17 and still living with my brothers and sister. As I sat on the leather sofa, looking around I couldn't see any photos of parents or anything. Not a single one.
Harry came back over from the TV, since he decided we should watch a movie. He walked over and planted himself next to me, wrapping his arm round my shoulder and pulling me into his body. Harry grabbed the remote just as the movie started, "What are we watching?" I asked, looking at the screen. "Anchorman." Harry replied, I nodded and fell silent, resting my head on Harry's shoulder.
I sighed with relief, relaxing into Harry's side just as the movie started, giving me a good start to the afternoon.