Chapter 9

I woke up earlier than usual, today was the last day before half term; which meant a couple of weeks off school. I climbed out of bed, not bothering to groan and moan about how early it was and made me my over to my wardrobe. I got dressed into a pair of denim skinny jeans, hightop classic converse and a jack wills cream wooly jumper and a vest. I then brushed my hair and put it in a messy bun and did my usual make up and sprayed some perfume over me before grabbing my phone, school bag and my olive green bomber jacket before heading downstairs and into the kitchen.
I sat at the breakfast table on my own, since I was the only one awake and it was 6:40am. I nibbled at my piece of toast, smothered with Nutella, and taking small sips from my glass of orange juice. Some reason I wasn't as hungry as I usually was, my brain not focusing on anything apart from one thing, Harry. Harry was all I could think about, his smirk, his chuckle, the way he would always bite his lip when talking to me and allow his eyes to look me up and down. I could not get him out of my head! Even if I tried!
"Maddie? What you doing up?" I looked over my shoulder to see Justin in his pyjama bottoms, shirtless and showing off his abs. I had to admit my brother wasn't ugly, but it would be weird if I said he was fit! "Just happened to wake up early I guess." I sighed, my eyes following Justin as he grabbed a bowl of pineapple chunks and sat next to me at the table. "That's a change!" Justin exclaimed, failing to sound humorous. I chuckled slightly, looking at my toast before looking back at my brother, the smile fading. "Justin are you ok? You seem a little stressed?" I asked, watching my brother look into space. Justin sighed, a long and deep sigh before shaking his head. "Just work I guess, a lot happening." Justin admitted, but knew that wasn't the whole story. I scrunched up my face, wriggling my nose before standing up and pulling my rucksack over my shoulders. "Well don't stress yourself out too much, your only 28!" I sighed, patting Justin's shoulder which made him chuckle. "Very funny Maddie." Justin laughed, shaking his head. "I know I am." I exclaimed, grinning. "See you later!" I called walking out the kitchen. "Later Maddie!" Justin called after me, just as I made my way out the front door and down the road, heading towards school.
As I reached school, the car park was busy, students everywhere chatting, laughing, messing around! But some reason I had no energy to roll my eyes, Harry had complete control over that too! I walked into the red brick building, chatter filling my ears as I made my way down the hallway past many lockers before reaching mine. I searched the crowd, hoping to see Harry but had no success and continued gathering my school books, still occasionally glancing around me.
Just as I hoped, I noticed Harry make his way down the corridor, his hands in his pockets and ray bands covering his eyes. I hid my excitement as Harry glanced over at me, sending a smirk my way before walking in my direction. I tried to tame the blush on my cheeks as Harry stood in front of me, quickly kissing my cheek and removing the sunglasses to reveal his green eyes. "Hey." Harry whispered, smirking down at me. "Hi." I gasped, looking up at him. What had gotten into me?! What was I doing?! "Did you sleep alright?" Harry asked, oblivious to what I was really thinking. I cleared my throat and stood up straight, shutting my locker. "Um yeah, I slept alright." I confirmed, smiling weakly. Harry nodded, running a hand through his mop of brown curls and stayed smirking at me.
Just at that point, the main bell rang for first period. "Well I will see you later." Harry said, winking at me which sent butterflies throughout my body. "Yeah.....see you later." I murmured and watched as Harry turned on his heels and strolled off down the corridor. "Maddie!" I heard a voice call me, making turn around to see Sam walking towards me. I smiled, waving slightly as she reached me students pushing past her. "Ready to get to Maths?" She asked, brushing her brown Bob out of her face. I nodded, following her footsteps as we walked down the hallway and into our first lesson.