Chapter 8

I watched as Harry pulled up into my driveway, since he offered to drive me home due to us working together on the music project. I climbed out the car and walked up the drive, quickly followed by Harry, and into the house. "Im home!" I called throughout the house, dropping my school bag by the door. Harry remained on the door mat, brushing off his shoes before stepping in and shutting the door. "Just me here!" Michael called from somewhere, I watched as his head appeared from round the kithcen and big smile on his face. "Where's Maisie and Justin?" I asked, walking into the kitchen to hug him. "They are working late tonight, so just me till 9pm." Michael said, giving me a squeeze before sitting back at the dining table. I turned to see Harry stand behind me and smile and my brother. "Its good to see you again Michael." Harry said, smiling. Michael looked up, his widening in surprise. "Harry? Good to see you again, are you staying for dinner?" Michael asked, not intirely sure. "Probablt, me and Maddie are working on a project." Harry said, wrapping his arm round my shoulder. I froze at his touch, which Michael obviously noticed but shook it off. "Ok well have fun." Michael smiled before returning back to the computer in front of him. "Lets go upstairs." I whispered, grabbing Harry's arm and dragging upstairs and into my room.
I shut the door behind me, and sighed before hearing Harry chuckle. I looked over at him confused, "What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. Harry smirked, looking down which made me glance at my hand gripping his forearm. I gasped, dropping it quickly and turning a light shade of pink. "I kind of liked that." Harry said, biting his lip as I sat down at my desk my head in my hands. I felt Harry sit next to me on the other stool and I could feel his eyes burning into my head. I groaned, lifting my head and looking into the mischievious emerald eyes. "Shall we just get on with this project?" I asked, running my hands through my hair and reaching for my laptop. "Couldnt agree more." Harry smirked, of course biting his lip.
After an hour of deciding to sing All of me by John Legend and going through it a couple of times, I realized that Harry actually had a really nice voice. He was in perfect tune and sang like an angel, which made me find myself unable to breathe when he sang. As we finished running through the song for the 5th time, Harry smirked at me. "Where did you learn to sing like that?" I asked, smiling and still surprised. "I taught myself." Harry answered simply, winking. I shook my head, still surprised. "Your amazing!" I mumbled, shutting my laptop and resting into my chair. Harry's smirk grew, his eyes dancing as he looked at me. "Oh really? Thanks." He chuckled, his gaze never leaving mine. "Well I bet your parents are proud of you for that voice." I said. And that was when I realized his expression was stern, the dancing in his eyes turning into a cold, harsh stare. I watched Harry's jaw clench, his eyes darkening slightly. "Dont talk about my parents." Harry muttered, as if trying to control his anger. My eyes widened slightly, taken back from Harry's sudden change of mood. "Uh I-uh, S-Sorry I- uh." I couldnt get my sentence straight, I was lost in how hard his eyes were and was paralyzed and unable to look away. Straight away Harry's expression relaxed, his eyes going a soft green again and his body relaxing. "Good, at least thats settled." Harry sighed, looking away from my stare and down at his phone. 'What on earth?!' I thought, my eyes still wide and my mouth parted slightly. 'He just went from one mood to the other!' I thought, still in shock. 'Is he Bi-polar or something?!'
"Maddie! Dinner!" I heard Michael call, his voice slightly muffled by my closed door. "Coming!" I shouted back and stood up, Harry doing the same. Without saying a word, or glancing at each other, me and Harry quietly made our way out of my room and downstairs for dinner.
Dinner was silent, only the sound of our knives and forks could be heard. Michael sat at the end of the table and me and Harry opposite each other, not even looking up from our plates. I didn't dare look up at Harry, I just continued staring blankly at my Lasagne. "Soooo, hows the project going?" Michael asked, trying to start conversation. I looked up at him slightly and gave him the 'Let's not talk about it look' which made him put his head straight down again and let out a big sigh.
Dinner remained silent, only the sound of knives and forks against the plates were heard and chewing. Every so often I would glance up at Harry to see him staring back at me, his eyes piercing through me; which made me uncomfortable. "Are you both done?" Michael asked, nodding towards our plates. I nodded, standing up and picking up all the plates before walking over to the sink and started doing the dishes. I heard footsteps come up behind me and watched Harry grab a tea towel and dry the plates I cleaned. "The meal was lovely." I murmured, drying my hands after all the dishes were done and looked at Michael. "Why thank you Baby sister!" Michael smirked, kissing my forehead which made me flush red with embarrassment. I looked over at Harry who watched me and my brother with interest, a small smile on his face. I coughed, grabbing his attention. "Umm...perhaps I should head home." Harry said, placing his hands in his pockets. Michael nodded, smiling at Harry. "Of course Harry, pleasure to see you again!" My brother exclaimed, shaking hands with Harry. "Thank you sir, and the meal was lovely." Harry said, smiling before looking back at me and giving me the look which meant to lead him to the door. "Oh." I mumbled, folding my arms and leading Harry to the front door.
I opened it up, allowing Harry to walk out and face me. "I had fun love." Harry said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes, leaning against the door frame. "Of course you did." I mumbled, glaring up at Harry who bit his lip while looking down at me. Harry was much more taller than me, at least 5'9 leaving me at 5'5. Harry chuckled, shaking his head slightly before looking back at me. "I'll see you tomorrow Maddie." Harry said, winking before turning and making his way back to his car. Without realising, I watched him climb in his Range Rover and pull out the drive before speeding down the road, leaving me looking at the bare drive way and dark night. I felt a tingle in my body, a feeling I had never felt before but only around Harry did it reveal. What was it? I shook my head, not bothered to find out and went to shut the door just as a car pulled into the drive. I watched in realisation as Justin climb out of his Volvo and make his way up the drive, holding his jacket and his top button on his shirt, undone. His mousy brown quiff was ruffled, caused by hands running through it and faded bags were under his caramel eyes. "Hey Mads!" Justin said, trying to sound cheerful. He walked in past me, just as I shut the door and hung up his jacket. "You seem tired." I confessed, heading towards the stairs. Justin grunted, completely avoiding my question and made his way to the kitchen, leaving me on my own. "Fine then!" I muttered to myself, making my way upstairs. "I'll ask you some other time."