Chapter 2

*lunchtime*

"Maddie I am telling you now, I actually think he is gay!" Sam argued, as we sat on our table eating lunch. "No no no! He is not!" I laughed, as I played with my food, we were arguing over whether Josh hutcherson was gay or not. Obviously not! "Maddie you are stubborn." Sam smirked. "I know." I smiled, sweetly to her and carried on eating. "Well well if it isn't Moo moo!" I heard someone laugh, standing beside me and Sam. I could hear the giggles of the minions from behind, I didn't need to look up to know who it was. "Hello again Ashley." I whispered, looking up at my bully. Ashley was your perfect barbie, long blonde straight hair, big blue eyes and tanned skin (which I think is fake tan;)).

"Why do you always look depressed Maddie?" Ashley mimicked my voice. "Um maybe because she is, since you won't leave her alone!" Sam stood up for me since I never did. "Uh honestly! Maddie you need to grow up" she rolled her eyes starting to walk away. But stopped to turn back an evil smile on her face. "We don't want what happened last time with your friend." She said, winking before strutting off with her minions. I froze, unable to breathe. "Maddie what does she mean?" Sam asked, I was unable to speak. My scars started to throb at the thought of him, tears coming to my eyes. "I-I have to go!" I said quickly, jumping up grabbing my school bag and sprinting out the cafeteria.

I sprinted down the empty hallway and into the girls toilets. I threw my bag on the floor and stood leaning on one of the tap basins. I looked into the mirror to my mascara luckily not smudged, my eyes red and puffy and tears down my cheeks. I closed my eyes to the worst flashback ever:

Flashback:

I was sat in my room playing on my phone, relaxing on my bed. My bedroom door opened to reveal him. His blonde her pushed to the side, his eyes dark. Little did we know. "Hey baby girl." He smiled, walking over and kissing my cheek. "Hey Charlie." I smiled, hugging him and climbing on his lap. "I missed you all day." Charlie said, planting a kiss on my lips. I smiled, "Really I never would have guessed!" I laughed.

*later on at a club*

Charlie sat with his arm around me, his drink in his other hand. I sat talking to my friend Kirsty laughing and chatting about school. "Hey Mads let's dance!" Kirsty laughed, slightly drunk. I nodded unsure and we made our way to the heavy dance floor with people grinding and dancing. Kirsty and I laughed and danced while chatting still, the music loud, making my ears hurt. I turned around for no reason to see a guy around my age looking at me. I smiled, and he winked back.

After what felt like hours of dancing, Charlie and I finally left. As we arrived at my house, since my brothers were out we went inside. I sat on the sofa while Charlie stood in the hallway, his expression serious. "Baby? You alright?" I asked, walking over a couple feet away from him. "That guy winked at you." He growled, through gritted teeth. "Sweetie, so what?" I asked, walking over to him and rubbing his arm. "You smiled back." His now black eyes narrowed onto me. I suddenly whimpered, walking backwards into the living room, Charlie walking towards me. "Charlie stop it." I whispered, the fear in my voice. I hit the sofa and fell back, so I was now lying down. Charlie, held me down and climbed on top of me, making me silently cry. "You need punishment." He whispered in my ear.

End of Flashback

I could still hear my screams sounding my then silent house. I remember my cries and pleads but nothing. I remember the large amount of slaps I received, the bruises and cuts from the last year after my punishment. I remember his brown eyes turn black with rage when he lost his temper with me. I shook my head back to reality, wiping away my tears. I heard the bell signal lunch was over. "I need to get to class." I mumbled to myself, picking up my bag and walking out into the hallway.

The rest of the day went pretty slowly, my mind still scared and frightened of the memory. After hours of boredom, the bell finally rang for the end of the day. I slowly gather by books and placed in my bag at the end of the lesson. I walked out the classroom and followed the bustling crowd of students out the school doors and into the car park. I looked around for a bit spotting Michael sat in his car waiting. I ran over, desperate to get away.