Chapter 17

By the time it was 5:00pm, it had already gotten dark outside, which meant I had to walk home in the dark. I stood outside the door, my arms tight around my chest, since it was slightly chilly. "Do you want one of my sweatshirts, you cold!" Harry said, pulling off the dark green sweatshirt over his head and onto my body. I tugged the sleeves over my hands and took in the minty, aftershave scent and smiled. "Thank you." I thanked him, Harry nodded smiling back.
Harry leant down and kiss me, pressing his plump lips to mine. I kissed back, my heart racing continuously. Harry pulled away, smirking and his emerald eyes staring deep into my mud brown ones. "Are you sure you don't want me walking with you?" Harry questioned, concerned. I laughed, backing up down the steps to Harry's door. "Harry I'll be fine. I will see you later!" I said, smiling before turning my back and walking down his drive and down his road.
I looked behind to see he was still watching me, but he disappeared once I had turned the corner of the road and his house was out of sight. I sighed, turning back to face my direction and walked along the pavement, the street lights shining down on me with their orange light. I continued, the odd person walking past me every so often and scuffed my shoes.
I decided to take a short cut, turning a sharp right into small narrow path, with bushes either side and trees covering the top and hiding away the night sky. There were no street lamps so it was dark but I could still see and continued walking. I started to feel a strange feeling, it felt as if I was being watched. I stopped walking for a moment, turning around to see no one behind me. Not a single person in sight.
I furrowed my eyebrows, before shaking my head slightly from my stupidness and continued to walk. I felt it again, as if someone was following me and their eyes burning into my back. This time I stopped again and turned, no one. I stared at the empty space, totally confused. But then I could hear breathing, coming from in front of me. I could feel it again, I was being watched. I slowly turned, scared of what I would see. I looked up, fear overtaking me. My heart was racing as my body went weak, my nerves were pumping in my veins making it hard to not scream. I looked into those horrible navy eyes, the ones which I hated for the rest of my life.
"What's a girl like you doing out alone, hey Maddie?" Charlie asked, smirking. My breathing picked up, as if ready to run. "That's non of your concern." I hissed back, but not brave enough. Charlie's stare hardened, his eyes turning pretty much black as they did in the past. His jaw clenched, but he still held that smirk on his face. "I'm just asking Maddie." He hissed, showing his pearly yet deadly teeth. I swallowed, debating on whether to turn back and run or stand up to him.
As I took a step back, Charlie took a step forward, making me flinch as if thinking he would hit me. Charlie noticed and smirked wider, this time more evil. "I still have that control like the good old days." Charlie whispered, licking his lips. He glanced me up and down, taking in my appearance before setting his eyes on the sweatshirt. His gaze turned into a glare, a strong hard glare. "Where did you get that?" He asked, his eyes fixing on mine again. I gulped, looking at the green clothing on my upper body, the sweatshirt baggy and almost covering my shorts. "Um I got it from a friend." I mumbled, looking down at the ground.
Suddenly, Charlie harshly grabbed my jaw and pushed me against the bush, making me squeal. Charlie quickly covered my mouth, so no one called hear me. "Who is your friend, what is their name?!" Charlie hissed, staring at me hard. Tears started to fall down my cheeks, I didn't realise. "H-Harry." I stuttered, hardly able to say it from Charlie's hand gripping my jaw tightly. Charlie's black eyes widened, his hand not budging.
"You never got it did you?" Charlie hissed, his hand gripping tighter. I whimpered, looking at the ground. "Look at me!" Charlie whispered, loudly and shaking me. I looked at him, terrified. "You are mine! Mine!" Charlie hissed, his other hand gripping my arm. "H-Harry!" I yelled, desperate for him to come. A sharp sting hit my cheek as my head went to the left, Charlie lifted my head back up as I raised my hand to my cheek where he slapped me. I gasped at him, tears falling. "Don't you dare cal him." Charlie growled, gritting his teeth.
I nodded shakily, whimpering at the grip of his hand on my upper arm.
Charlie chuckled, looking at my neck. "I remember how you loved the way I kissed your neck." Charlie chuckled, brushing my hair out of the way. I shook, scared of what could happen. I felt a pair of cold lips touch my shoulder, the lips sending goose bumps to my skin and not in a good way. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!" A voice boomed, shocking me and Charlie. I glanced over to thankfully see Harry standing a few metres away, glaring at Charlie.
Charlie chuckled, grabbing my neck and pulling me away from the bush, holding me tightly by his side. "Or what?" Charlie laughed, as Harry glanced at me. My cheeks were wet from the tears, my eyes all puffy and red. Thank god I put on waterproof mascara. "Or I'll kill you." Harry growled, marching over to us and punching Charlie clean in the face so he released me.
As soon as Charlie's grip fell from my neck I rushed into Harry's arms as he took me in to his warm body. "I knew you would come." I whispered, my voice muffled by his chest. "I will never not come and save you." Harry whispered, before taking me to one side as Charlie got up.
Charlie wiped his mouth, spitting out blood and grinning at Harry. "Give me my girl back Harry." Charlie snapped, wait! How did he know Harry? "No Charlie, she's my girl not yours!" Harry yelled, swinging his arm to punch Charlie. Charlie ducked and punched Harry in the gut, making Harry groan and punch him in the face as Harry stumbled back but not falling. Not giving up. "You son of a bitch!" Harry spat, wiping his nose as blood was gushing out. He launched himself at Charlie and they fell to the floor, Harry on top as he through several blows to Charlie's face. My eyes were wide as I took in the scene, tears streaming and my voice dry so I was unable to yell or anything. Charlie through punches at Harry but Harry only received a few of them as he was quick to dodge.
Harry through one last blow to Charlie's jaw before getting up and running over to me and grabbing my hand. "We need to get out of here! Before he comes!" Harry told me, stern yet softly and pulled me so we both ran back the way to his house.
"I will get you Maddie! And I will make sure to kill you too Harry!" Charlie yelled after us, as we turned left and back down the road, quick on our feet and down Harry's road. We ran back up his drive and into his house, quickly shutting the door behind us. Harry sighed, still gripping my hand as we both took in deep breaths from the run. I was stunned yet shocked. How did Charlie know Harry? How did Harry know Charlie?! "Are you ok?" Harry breathed out, turning to face me and checking me over. I studied his face, gasping at what Charlie left him. Harry had a bloody nose, a split eyebrow and split lip. But Charlie's was probably worse. "I-I'm fine! But Harry, you need cleaning up!" I cried, dragging Harry upstairs. "Maddie! I'm fine, it's you I'm worried about!" Harry argued, trying to stop me as I pulled him to upstairs. "Where's you bathroom?" I asked, turning to Harry. He sighed, nodding to a door on the left. I walked over, Harry behind me as we entered the bathroom. "Sit on the sink." I ordered Harry, he was about to argue but I glared at him making him roll his eyes as he sat himself next to the sink, his legs hanging down.
I searched around the bathroom until I found his first aid kit, walking over to him so I was in between his legs. I pulled out some disinfectant wipes and raised them to Harry's eyebrow, which blood was pouring from. "This might sting a little." I warned Harry and got to work. Harry gritted his teeth, biting his lip as I cleaned the cut. He went to furrow his eyebrows but I stopped him. "Stop tensing." I said softly, making Harry stop straight away.
Harry watched me intensely as I cleaned him up, his eyes never leaving my face. I ignored his gaze and carried on, finishing by wiping his nose clean. "There all done!" I sighed, reaching over and throwing the last bloody wipe in the bin, since I was in between Harry's legs. As I was looking down, two fingers slid under my chin and pushed my face up so I looked up into those intense green eyes. "What?" I asked, looking at Harry as he looked back at me. "Your just so beautiful." Harry whispered, caressing my cheek. I felt my cheeks heat up, a small smile coming to my face. I wanted to ask him how he knew Charlie, but I decided to save it for tomorrow. "I'm not beautiful Harry." I sighed, looking at Harry. Harry shook his head slightly, disagreeing with me. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen." He whispered, leaning down and gently kissing my lips. I closed my eyes, tasting the metallic taste of blood in my mouth from Harry's lip. I kissed back, ignoring the drop of blood and placed my hands on his chest, Harry's hands on my back and pulling me close.
After a few minutes, he pulled away smiling. "Maybe we should get some sleep." He chuckled, sliding down from the bathroom counter. I nodded, suddenly realising something. "Wait! What about my brothers and sister?" I asked, my eyes widening. Harry chuckled, taking my hand. "I called them before going out to get you." He said, with a smirk as we entered his bedroom.
His bedroom was dark, since it was dark outside, his bedding and walls were black and his room was fairly neat for a boy.
It was just then, I noticed that Harry lived alone. There was no sign of his parents and also I didn't see any pictures of them either. I saved that question for the morning, yawning as Harry searched a chest of drawers and pulling out a pair of boxers. "Here wear these with my sweatshirt." He whispered, passing me the black boxers before unbuttoning his trousers.
I found myself staring at him as Harry undressed so he was just in his white Calvin Klein boxers, his body so beautiful and toned. I had seen his body before and was glad to see it again, he was like an angel. Harry climbed under his duvet, looking at me and raising an eyebrow. I smiled weakly, "don't look." I said, Harry groaned, before covering his eyes. I giggled, changing into the clothing quickly, before climbing under the duvet too.
Harry uncovered his eyes and smirked at me, shuffling over and wrapping his arms around my body so we were facing each other. Harry closed his eyes, as I looked at him admiring his good looks. "Maddie, staring is rude." Harry smirked, his eyes flickering back open. "Sing to me." I whispered, making Harry furrow his eyebrows. "Why?" Harry questioned, confused. "Cause I love it when you sing, please?" I asked, pouting slightly. Harry sighed, nodding his head and I smiled, closing my eyes and cuddling into his chest.
Harry breathed out, before softly singing the words to Kiss me by Ed Sheeran which so happened to be my favourite song.

Settle down with me, cover me up, cuddle me in.

Lie down with me, and hold me in your arms.

And your hearts against my chest, lips pressed to my neck, I'm falling for you eyes but they don't know me yet. And with this feeling I forget, I'm in love now.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved, wanna be loved, wanna be loved.

This feels like falling in love, falling in love, falling in love.

Harry voice was soft, beautiful and so angelic. The words soothed me, making my heart melt as I closed my eyes and listened to him sing the words, a smile on my face.
As the song finished, I felt Harry kiss my forehead. "Goodnight Love." Harry whispered, before I fell into a sweet dream of Harry and I in my sleep.