Chapter 14

Maddie's POV:

I woke up to nothing beside me. I sat up straight away, panicked of what happened. I suddenly realised Harry wasn't next to me anymore, he was gone. I slouched, furrowing my eyebrows. Why did he leave me to wake up alone?
A knock on my door caught my attention, my brother Michael poking his head round. "Morning!" He chirped, leaning against the doorframe. I smiled weakly, rubbing my eyes. "Morning." I yawned, stretching my arms above my head. "You alright?" Michael asked, running a hand through his messy blonde hair. I nodded, sucking in my lower lip. "Yeah just tired." I sighed, scooting over and climbing out of bed. Michael nodded, heading to leave but stopped. "Sam called, wanted to know if you wanted to meet today in town?" Michael asked, raising an eyebrow. My face lit up, a smile on my face. "Can I?" I pleaded, pouting at Michael. Michael thought for a moment, before sighing and smiling. "Fine! Only cause Justin stayed at his friends last night an he won't kill me." Michael laughed, shutting my bedroom door.
I slightly fist pumped before running over to my wardrobe and picking out a pair of light denim skinny jeans, a white tank top, a crime floral cardigan and a pair of hi-top converse. I got changed and rolled up the sleeves on the cardigan and quickly did my make up and brushed my hair, putting it in a messy ponytail with my brown waves. I then decided to put on my silver necklace with a little diamond heart on, before spraying some perfume and walking downstairs.
Justin wasn't home so it was just Michael and Maisie, so it was rather silent. I grabbed a banana and grabbed my handbag from the counter, which Maisie got out. "Right you better walk their now since Justin could be home soon." Michael said, smiling. I nodded, smiling. "Thank you!" I called rushing out the front door, shutting it behind me and walking down the road.
After a 20 minute walk, I finally reached Starbucks. I saw Sam sat inside 2 drinks at the table she was at, one she was drinking from. I smiled to myself, slightly shaking my head and walked across the road and into the coffee shop. "Maddie!" Sam squealed, jumping from her seat as I walked over and wrapt her arms round me. I laughed, hugging her back as I pulled away and sat opposite her and tools sip of the hot chocolate in front of me. "How have you been?" I asked her, as she ran her hand through her shoulder length brown curls. "I'm absolutely fine! How about you?" Sam asked, grinning at me. I shrugged, "I'm not bad." I laughed, making her smile.
"So how are you and bad boy Styles?" Sam asked, winking. I rolled my eyes, blushing lightly. "We are ok, friends." I added, raising my eyebrows at her. "Oh come on Maddie! Have you kissed yet?" She asked, I stayed silent and blushed even more. "Oh my days! You have kissed!" Sam gasped, smiling wide. I laughed at her stupidness. "Only a couple of times, and maybe fallen asleep together." I said, making Sam's mouth drop. "Are you going out?" Sam asked, after sorting out her gaping mouth. I shook my head. "Why?!" She whined, furrowing her eyebrows. "You know what happened with Charlie, I don't want that again." I whispered, not wanting anyone else to hear it some reason. Sam sighed, leaning closer towards me. "Maddie, not all boys are Charlie. You should give Harry a chance, have you told him about Charlie yet?" She asked, taking a sip from her drink. "No not yet, I don't plan on doing so either." I breathed out, playing with my fingers. "Madison Simpson! You need to tell him about Charlie." Sam whispered loudly, widening her eyes. "Why?" I questioned, making Sam roll her eyebrows. "He needs to know the truth is why, he can't find out from some idiot can he?"
I listened to Sam ramble on about how I should tell Harry about Charlie, but somehow I muted out her voice so all I could see was her mouth moving up and down.
I couldn't tell Harry about Charlie, what if he disagreed with me? What if he took Charlie's side? I kept these questions popping in my brain, not at all listening to Sam and going into a daydream. "Maddie? Maddie's, hello?" I snapped back as I watched Sam wave her hand in front of my eyes. "Oh sorry, sort of zoned out." I laughed, making her not reconsider anything. "Oh ok, sure?" Sam asked, smiling supportively at me. I nodded, listening to her change subject and start talking about her younger brother and how annoying he was.
I did love my best friend, really! She was the only who knew about me and Charlie and what happened, she was shocked when I told her a year ago because she was rather close with Charlie and never expected it! But I definitely changed her mind about him.
After a hour or so, I said goodbye to Sam and headed off home, just in time for dinner. I walked into the house, shutting the door behind me and brushing off my shoes and slipping off my cardie. "I'm home!" I called, remaining by the door. Suddenly Maisie appeared, smiling wide. "Ah Maddie! You ok?" She asked, kissing my cheek. "Fine why?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her. "Oh was just wondering cause your boyfriends here and he seems-" I didn't give her time to finish. "Wait! My boyfriend?" I asked, shocked. "Oh haha sorry Harry, your boyfriend he's here and he seems a bit angry." Maisie whispered, giggling. "Angry?" I asked, Maisie nodded pointing towards the stairs. "He's in your room." She smiled, before walking back into the kitchen. I laughed at her stupidness and headed towards the stairs, very confused on why Harry was here and supposedly angry.