Chapter 11

We pulled up outside a large house, the music loud enough to be heard outside. Rubbish was all over the front garden, lights shining in the windows and people were outside drinking from red cups and chatting.
Harry helped me out the car, before looking the door and wrapping his arm round my waist and pulling me close to him. "You look gorgeous tonight." He whispered, as we walked up the drive. I felt my cheeks hear up, "Thanks." I mumbled, trying to contain my nerves as we reached the open front door. The music was so loud that my ears were about to pop, the beat felt through out my body. People were laughing, dancing, messing round and crowded everywhere, all probably drunk and clueless. I let Harry lead me though the crowd of drunken teenagers, occasionally saying 'Hey' to someone and doing some sort of handshake. We finally reached what I'm guessing was the bar, red cups scattered everywhere. This must be an awful pain to clean! I wonder who does clean it? Harry grabbed to new cups and filled them up, I had no clue what the liquid was! "Here, drink up!" Harry said, passing me a cup and taking a gulp from his own. I hesitated for a moment, not hoping to drink any alcohol at all tonight. Harry noticed and chuckled, shaking his head. "It's lemonade." He whispered, making me blush as I then took a sip which made him laugh.
"Harry!" I looked over to see a boy, the same age as Harry, approach us a big grin on his face. "So good to see you!" He exclaimed, patting Harry's back and taking a sip of his drink. The boy had brown messy hair and bright blue eyes, and amazing cheek bones. "Louis! It's good to see you too man." Harry said, making conversation; his arm never leaving my waist. The boy, Louis, looked down at me and smiled. "And who's this beauty?" He asked, making me smile weakly. "This is Maddie, my girl." Harry added, smirking down at me. I glared at Harry quickly before smiling back at Louis who was smiling at me. "Lovely to meet you Maddie, you must be special to be Harry's girl!" Louis chuckled, showing his pearly white teeth. He seemed genuinely sweet, not at all drunk or dangerous.
"She's very special, to me." Harry whispered, squeezing my side and making me blush more.
We stood there talking to Louis, occasionally Harry filling up his drink and getting me some more lemonade. I noticed Harry was drinking pure vodka, also the odd beer. I could tell he was getting drunk very slowly, he words slurring and his grip loosening on my waist. I looked up as he laughed away, his eyes dancing and curls all ruffled. He looked down at me, oblivious that I was staring and smirked before whispered, "Just popping to the loo, be back in a bit." He quickly kissed a sloppy kiss on my cheek, before disappearing into the crowd and leaving me with Louis.
I turned back and smiled at Louis, before taking a sip of my drink. "So how long have you and Harry been going out?" Louis asked, taking a gulp of his beer. I coughed in shock, swallowing my drink somehow. "We-we aren't going out." I stated, staring up at Louis. Louis went red, raising his eyebrows. "Oh, sorry. It's just you like a couple." Louis laughed, shaking his head. I blushed again. "It's ok." I smiled, reassuringly.
10 minutes had passed and Harry still hadn't returned from the toilet. "Where's Harry?" I asked, looking around the drunken teenagers around me. Louis shrugged, looking as well. "I'll go look for him." Louis told me, patting my shoulder before walking into the crowd. Suddenly a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist, holding me tight. I sort of tensed, not used to Harry's contact. "I'm back babe." The voice whispered, but it wasn't Harry's. The voice was familiar, but not in a good way. I turned around to not be met with the kind, cheeky emerald eyes. I looked up into the harsh dark blue eyes, I thought were once kind. I gasped, stumbling back unable to breathe. I felt the fear fill me as the horrible smirk appeared on his face, the smirk that once terrified me and scared me for life. His blonde hair was still it's scruffy mess, his body muscular as he towered over me and his skin a golden colour. The piercing in his lip brought back the frightening memories. I opened my lips to speak, but only his name rolled off the top of my tongue. "Charlie?"
"Long time no see Maddie." Charlie chuckled, leaning against the wall and eyeing me closely. I stared up at him, my eyes wide as his dark eyes looked over every inch of my body, taking a long look at my chest. "Miss me?" I shook my head, my heart pacing. "Not one bit." I whispered, almost a hiss. Charlie chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "I came to say I'm sorry Maddie, I treated you wrong-" "You didn't just treat me wrong, you abused me Charlie!" I hissed, getting somewhat braver than normal. Charlie eyed me, squinting ever so slightly. "As I was saying........I'm here to try and get you back again. I was wrong and I shouldn't have treated you how I did." Charlie continued, leaning down and stroking my arm with the back of his hand. I flinched under his touch, he noticed and slightly sighed. "I don't want to hurt you, take me back?" He asked, caressing my shoulder with his thumb. I shook my head. "No." I muttered, not daring to look up at him. "Why?" "You hurt me Charlie, scarred me, made me terrified of ever loving another boy." I whispered, looking at the floor. I then looked around, I needed Harry, where was he? "Please Maddie?" Charlie asked again, caressing my cheek. I pushed his hand away from my face and looked up at him. I watched his eyes darken to navy blue, a slight frown on his face. "You haven't changed, your a monster." I whispered, before turning and walking off into the crowd. "Maddie!" Charlie called, I ignored him and carried on scared he would follow.
"Maddie?! Where are you going?" I looked over to see Harry jogging over, drunk as anything. I looked at him unable to hide the tears, I wanted to go home. I wanted to get away from this place. "Harry take me home." I whispered, tears threatening to spill. "Maddie we-" "TAKE ME HOME NOW!!" I yelled, making Harry jump in shock. He looked at me, confused and concerned. I sighed, looking away from him. "I want to go now." I mumbled, before walking away and hurrying out the house.
I hurried down the drive, Harry close behind as we climbed into the car. I did my seatbelt as Harry quickly drove off, silence the only thing to be heard. I let the tears fall, as I looked out the window and away from Harry. I didn't care that he was drunk, I didn't care that he was driving slightly faster than normal, I just wanted to get home. "Maddie what happened?" Harry asked, his words slowly sounding more sober as he continued driving. I sighed, hoping he would go quiet. "Was it me?" I groaned, wiping my away the tears knowing my make up would be slightly smudged. "No it wasn't you Harry, I just wanted to get away. Someone was there." I whispered, looking at Harry as he concerntrating on his driving. "Who was there? Do I know them?" I watched as his jaw clenched, his grip tightening on the wheel. "Did they hurt you?" He asked, getting concerned. "No, just someone I don't particuarly want to see." I whispered, stopping the conversation and we went back to silence.
I had many fears, Charlie was one of them. And the thought of him back in my life, scared me more than myself getting murdered.....