Chapter 12

I laid in bed the next morning, unable to fall back to sleep. The time was 10:45am since it was now the summer holidays and I was free to do whatever I wanted. I some reason felt empty, the only thought in my mind was Charlie. Why was he back? Why, why? Of all people in my past did he have to come back.
A knock came from my door, and I looked over to see Maisie enter my room. "Morning Sleepyhead!" She laughed, sitting on my bed as I sat up. I tugged at the sleeves of my long-sleeved top, letting out a yawn. "Morning." I mumbled, smiling at Maisie. Her blonde shoulder-length curls were tied back in a ponytail, she wore a summer dress and a pair of silver sandals. "Breakfast is ready if you want some, I'm going to a friends today so you will be home alone." Maisie said, brushing a strand of my hair out of my face. "Ok, when will you be home?" I asked, hugging my knees to my chest. "Maybe around 6ish tonight, I'll see you later then!" Maisie said, kissing my forehead. "See you later." I sighed, watching my sister get up and make her way out my room, shutting the door behind her.
I scrunched up my nose, thinking of what I could do all day. I got up quickly, and showered that would relax me from last night and then I changed into a pair of acid-washed, high-waisted shorts, since it was a warm day in England, a neon pink tank top which I tucked into the shorts and a pair of plain white air-max. I did my usual make-up before brushing my hair and made my bed before walking downstairs and into the kitchen.
I ran my fingers over my scars as I sat at the table, eating a chocolate croissant. I was so puzzled, why on earth did he come back? I was scared, no not scared but terrified! I didn't know what he planned to do or if he had actually changed, but something didn't seem right. I finished my breakfast and put my plate in the dishwasher before heading into the living room and planting myself on the sofa. I switched on the TV, flicking through the channels before settling for Family Guy. I sighed, tucking my legs underneath and watched the programme.
My day passed by slowly, not at all moving and sat peacefully on the sofa. By 6' o clock I had changed into a pair of grey sweats, a floral crop top, a black zip baggy hoodie and some trainer socks. I heard the front door open, I looked over to see Maisie enter the living room, with a leather jacket over her dress and a few shopping bags in her hands. "Hi!" She sang, beaming a smile at me. "Hey!" I sang back, turning back to face the TV. I heard Maisie place her bags on the floor and walk into the kitchen. "What do you want for dinner?" She called, obviously rummaging round for something to cook. "Don't mind." I called back, flicking the channel to X Factor. I heard Maisie walk to the living room entrance and lean against the door frame. "How does pizza sound?" She asked, her bright green eyes staring at me. I nodded my head, not having the slightest care in the world and she walked away.
After a few moments, Maisie came into the living room with her teddy bear Onsie on and a plate with a pizza on it and some garlic bread. She sat next to me and passed me a plate of pizza, taking a bite of her own. "Thanks." I said, taking a bite of the cheesy ham and pineapple pizza. "No problem! So what have you done today?" Maisie asked, scoffing her face. "Not a lot, how about you? How was your friend?" I asked, glancing over at her. Maisie shrugged. "Beth was fine! Has a new boyfriend, again!" Maisie sighed, shaking her head. I laughed, Beth had a new boyfriend pretty much every week. She was awful! Once she brought over her ex Todd and the next day came over with a new boyfriend Jasper, it was weird. "Aren't Justin and Michael going to home in a bit?" I wondered, realising they weren't here. "Oh no! They went to the football tonight, big match Spurs v Arsenal! Can't miss it!" Maisie laughed, rolling her eyes. "Oi! Football is good! There is nothing wrong with a bit off football!" I sighed, messing around with my food. Maisie rolled her eyes and finished eating. I placed my plate on the table and brushed my hands on my jogging bottoms. "Right I'm going upstairs!" I said, standing up and walking over to the stairs. "Have fun!" Maisie called, "Will do!" I yelled back before reaching my room and shutting the door.
"Thank god! Bout time you came upstairs!" I jumped as I turned around to notice Harry sat on my bed. "Harry?! What the hell are you doing here?!" I hissed, my eyes wide. Harry chuckled, rolling his eyes before nodding his head towards the open window. "I climbed in." Harry simply said, as if it wasn't wrong. "You can't just climb in to someone's room Harry." I laughed lightly, walking over and sitting next to him. Harry chuckled and placed his arms either side of him. "My sister would kill you if she knew you were up here." I whispered, making Harry smirk. "Will she?" Harry asked, biting his lip. I nodded, noticing I was looking at Harry's lips. His plump, pink lips. I watched as Harry leaned closer towards me and smirked, "She won't know I'm up here." He whispered, making me blush.
Harry sighed, his green eyes staring intensely into my brown eyes. "What was wrong last night?" He asked, watching me and waiting for an answer. I let out a deep sigh, giving him the hint I didn't want to answer, but he wouldn't give up. "Maddie, if someone hurt you, you need to tell me. So I can punch them in the face and kill them." Harry said, smirking slightly at the last bite. I frowned, causing him to laugh. "No one hurt me Harry, it's just someone was there I didn't expect to see and I wasn't happy about it." I simply said, lying back on my bed. Harry sighed, lying back to so we laid next to each other, our shoulders touching.
We remained silent for a good few minutes or so, not a words spoken until Harry decided it was enough. "I will protect you Maddie, I'm here to stay and if you are in danger? I will be right beside you." Harry whispered, turning his head to face me. I stayed facing the ceiling, desperate to tell him Charlie has returned, but I couldn't. "Harry if I told you what was wrong, you would be in danger too." I sighed, glancing over at Harry who was watching me closely. I allowed my eyes to fall on his lips, my desperate need for them to be on my lips but I was too scared. I pulled my eyes back to look into Harry's, filled with so much curiosity, concern and protection. "I don't care, whether I will be in danger. I just want you to be safe." Harry said, quietly before raising himself so he rested on one elbow and was looking above me. "You are my reason for protection, I'm not letting anyone hurt you or touch you." Harry whispered, before leaning in and allowing his lips to crash on mine.
I kissed back, feeling Harry place his both his hands on the bed either side of me as I realised he was on top of me. I suddenly grow a bit scared, but tried to hide it. I my arms around Harry's neck, my hands playing his mess of curls. I was shocked when I heard a groan escape his lips, vibrating onto mine. I grew more panicked as Harry started to raise my top, releasing my bare skin, that was my limit. I pulled away quickly and sat up, shocking Harry. "I can't do this." I cried, quietly still. Harry looked at me confused and held my face in his hands. "Why can't you Maddie? What's wrong?" He asked, caressing my cheek bone with his thumb. I looked at Harry for a moment, studying his face, nose, lips etc. I couldn't tell him, I would get hurt. "I'm just not ready." I sighed, disappointed. 'Maddie, you need to tell him!' I thought to myself, mentally slapping my face. Harry sighed, "It will take time." Harry laid me down, stood up himself. "I'll go now." He whispered, before walking to the window. "Wait Harry!" I cried, sitting up again. Harry nodded, looking back at me. "Will you stay? Please?" I asked, nervous of what he would say. Harry thought for a moment, since knowing my sister was upstairs but nodded his head and walked over.
I watched as he kicked off his shoes, and slipped off his leather jacket and letting it falling to the floor. He undid his jeans and slid them down, revealing his boxers. I looked away quickly, blushing lightly. Harry chuckled, I could feel his smirk. "You can look Maddie, it's fine." He chuckled, as I let my head turn. I then watched him pull the t-shirt he was wearing over his head, revealing a toned, muscular body, a few tattoos in places over his chest. I saw he had abs, making me blush even more. He was gorgeous, just standing in his black Calvin Klein boxers.
He walked over to my bed and climbed under the duvet I had gotten under and laid down beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist. I cuddled into his chest, his bare skin warm underneath me, I could hear his heart beat, the sound thudding beneath me. "Night Maddie." Harry whispered, squeezing my waist gently. I smiled to myself, "Night Harry." I whispered back, before allowing sleep to take over fully so I was out cold.