ADAM'S POV

Adam suddenly came to life, coughing and sneezing water out of his mouth and nostrils. And immediately he opens his eyes, he sees two creatures hovered over him. He glares at them in shock. They are pretty human looking from the head to the belly and the rest of their bodies are fish tails. They are mermaids. Mermaids are real?

“It worked! You’re alive!” One of them shrieks.

Adam cringes frantically and glares at both mermaids. “Where am I? Is this a dream?”

“You are very safe here, human. This is Dasrelia and you are underwater.” Scarlet smiles at him.

“I am what? What am I doing here? Who are you? What do you want from me?” he asks.

“You drowned and landed into our kingdom.” Iomai says. “We saved your life.”

“My name is Scarlet; this is my twin sister, Iomai, the Crown Princess of this kingdom.”

“Fuck, this is definitely a dream. Stay away from me.”

“You are not dreaming.” Scarlet giggles. “You drowned.”

“I remember…my boat…I drowned.” Adam suddenly remembers.

“Yes. We wouldn’t hurt you. All we did was save your life. Now we’ll have to take you back safely before my Father sees you.”

“How did you save me? What are you?”

“We are goddesses and I helped to revive you.” Iomai tells him.

Adam glares at them skeptically. “You are goddesses?”

“Yes, the only human-friendly ones around here.”

“Thank you for saving my life.”

“You’re welcome. Where do you come from, human? What are you called?”

“My name is Adam. Adam Villella. I come from the land, I think.”

“What brought you here?” Scarlet asks.

“I’m a fisherman. I hunt fishes for a living. But I guess the last time I came fishing, my boat got faulty and capsized. That’s how I drowned. I’m happy to be alive. My son is in the hospital. My family probably thinks I’m dead now. Thank you very much.”

“You see, Iomai? I told you about his family.” Scarlet grins.

“To reunite with your family, you must swim back to the shore. To swim back to the shore, you must pass through the passage behind you. That way, no one will see you. But you have to be fast with it, or my Father would…” Scarlet begins, but she is interrupted by the scream of Phyllis, the maiden who is supposed to watch over them.

“Scarlet! Iomai! Where are you two rebels hiding? Your father is calling for you!!” Phyllis screams.

Iomai gasps. “What does Phyllis want? If she finds Adam here, we’ll be in trouble.”

“Adam, we have to go. Remember what I said. Pass through that passage and swim as fast as you can out of here.” Scarlet tells him.

Adam nods. They leave him there alone in the sacred room to attend to Phyllis. Meanwhile, as Adam tries to find his clothes, he catches sight of a golden ring, which has a sapphire embedded in it. It lay beside him and was the tool used in his healing. He takes the ring and looks critically at it. This is pure sapphire. If he sold it, he wouldn’t have to fish for a living anymore. He’d be rich. It was no lie that there were precious stones in the depth of the sea. He puts the ring into his pocket, smiling at his fortune. He then swims through the passage shown to him earlier, and leaves Dasrelia forever.

Thoughts, please? And if you like it, please vote.