TWENTY ONE

Wait for it... there's a surprise 😊💜💙❤

[INGRID'S POV]

I take off my customised cap and apron, smooth her hair out and check out of work, waving at Tom. I walk out of the bar and to my surprise, Raphael's Ferrari is waiting for me outside. He is leaning against it, looking really attractive in a loose T shirt and olive pants. His thick black hair is styled magnificently, such that the wind couldn't mess it up.

"Hi." I breathe out, letting out a coy smile. "I wasn't expecting you to pick me up."

"Well, my favorite diner is around here, so after eating I thought it wise to come pick you up." Raphael explains. "Do you mind?"

"Um, not at all. Thank you." I walk over to him. "I was thinking..."

"Kiss me." Raphael whispers. I heart races as I stand there in shock.

"What? I..." Before I can finish my sentence, he pulls me closer to him by my waist and crushes his lips against mine. I just stand there literally rooted in my grounds, not knowing what to do. Did he just...is he...?

"Put your arms around me." he says against my lips, with some sense of urgency. I impulsively wrap my arms around him, but still not able to return the kiss. Meanwhile, he continues to suck on my lip intimately, his one hand busy in my hair, gently massaging my scalp. I try really hard to stifle a moan, feeling sparks all over my body.

I would be lying if I said he didn't taste good or that the kiss wasn't amazingly one of a kind. Yet, that's not the point. Before I can ask anything, he pulls away.

We stand apart from each other, me in shock, waiting for the awkwardness to pass by with the cool winds.

"Look, I know I broke ties with Adrian. But that doesn't mean you should take advantage of..." I begin to blabber.

"...Adrian was here." he breaths out, wiping his lips.

I stop talking immediately. "He was here?"

"Yes. Probably came looking to see you. That's why I had to kiss you. I'm sorry if..." I turn to my side and see Adrian walking away.

"No. I understand. We just need to keep acting in front of Adrian." I probably wanted to add 'And besides, you're such an amazing kisser' but I slap myself inwardly, my heart making irregular palpitations. What's wrong with me? Why are my cheeks turning red.

"I'm glad you understand." he smiles casually, and opens the door for me to enter his car.

I've never been kissed like this before. Oh shut up, Ingrid. Just focus. Focus. He just had to. Focus. I talk inwardly to myself, avoiding eye contact with Raphael as we get out of the lift. I'm sure my cheeks are tomato red right now. I'm definitely overthinking this.

"What would you like to eat?" Raphael asks, her, tossing his car keys onto the couch. I don't reply, too much in thought to construct a sentence. I hear him walk over to me and lift my chin up to make me look at him. Into his beautiful green eyes, filled with worry.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I nod stiffly. "Yeah, I'm... I'm fine. And I ate already, I'm not hungry."

"But...." before my cheeks could get any redder, I walk away from him.

"I need some rest. Enjoy your dinner!" I call over my shoulder. I walk with quick steps to my room, shut the door and exhale deeply. I walk over to my bed and throw myself onto it.

What is wrong with me? I groan and cling onto my pillow. I pull out my phone from my pocket, and check if I have any messages.

I have fifteen missed calls from Adrian, and five texts. A tear escapes my eye as I see this. My Adrian. My love. I wonder what must be going through his mind right now. I feel really terrible. I want all this to stop. Everything in me is urging me to return his call, but I try to control myself. I have to accept my fate. If I screw up, Adrian will die. I don't want to risk it.

Just then, there is a knock on the door. I say 'come in', and Raphael walks in, holding two mugs.

"Since you're not eating, I thought I'd make you some coffee." he says with a smile, as he approaches my bed.

"Thanks." I murmur, taking a mug.

"You've been crying." he says. It's more of a statement than a question.

"I'm fine."

"I understand how you feel. Trust me, everything will be fine once Scarlet comes for her ring tonight." Raphael says, taking the ring from the top of my dresser.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." he gives my shoulder a squeeze.

"Thank you." I say. "For helping me."

Raphael chuckles. "You don't owe me anything. I'm just doing what I urgently must."

"I hope you get Emily back." I say, forcing a smile. And to be honest, I don't know why I couldn't genuinely smile when I said that.

He nods, pats me on the knee and walks away with the ring.

My heart beats at the thought of Scarlet having to come for the ring tonight. Everything would finally come back to normal.

But I really don't know whether Adrian will accept me back or not. Will everything be back to normal? And most importantly, after all my realizations.... do I really want to go back to Adrian?

Hello!! I'm really worried. I need to know how this shit is going? Yay or nay? Woo or boo? I hope I'm not rushing anything here. If so, please let me know by commenting. And if you're a fan, please vote. I hope that kissing scene went well lmaoo. I'll try to improve. So please help me. Comment.

Don't be a silent reader. Well, maybe you think the book is just fine and you don't know what to say. But at least, two words of encouragement will do. I honestly feel bad when the comment section is empty. It makes me insecure.

Please I need to know if I'm pleasing you or not.

I have a question for you guys: Do you think writing is a talent or a skill?

Sorry for the long ass author's note, but I needed to get stuff off my chest 😂😂.
Thanks 💜💙❤.