TWENTY THREE

Now here's a POV  you probably didn't see coming. Please let me know if you don't understand anything so far. Thank you.

[DASRELIA]

[THIRD PERSON POV]

Scarlet appears again on the human world, and into the house of a man whose father had made an abomination 22 years ago and had caused a generational curse.

She walks into his room and heaves a sigh of relief as tears of joy escape her eyes. The human was fast asleep, and her most treasured possession was on a table near his bed, the Sapphire embedded in the ring, holding the soul of her sister, Iomai. She takes the ring in her hands and stares lovingly at it, glad she could get her sister back.  She looks over at the human, tempted to take his life like she had done to the rest of his family, but she feels like she has done enough. After all, she'd punished him such that, he and the other female human could never go back to their loved ones.

So she resists the urge to kill him and disappears to her kingdom underwater, Dasrelia. Scarlet's parents, Kalmin and Iyonna had passed away. Their corpses were now in Mavrok, and the throne of Dasrelia stood empty. The kingdom did not have a ruler and there was chaos. The absence of their heiress, Iomai, made Dasrelia more vulnerable.

She places the ring on a very sacred platform beside Iomai's unconscious body and calls her soul back into her body.

Relief washes over her when Iomai comes back to life.

"Iomai! You're alive!" Scarlet shrieks, and bends over to hug her.

"What do you mean I'm alive? I... "

"You died, Iomai. You've been dead 22 years. You lost your ring. And it was all my fault. It was my idea to resuscitate the ingrate human. He stole your ring and ran away with it!" Scarlet tells her.

"He did?" Iomai asks with horror. "So... so... I died? For that long time?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, Iomai. It was all my fault." Scarlet sobs. "But I dealt with that human. He would learn never to mess with Scarlet Dasrelia."

"Oh Scarlet!" Iomai winces. "What did you do?"

"Don't feel pity for him, sister. Because of his actions, Dasrelia has had no ruler after Mother and Father died. The evil mermaids from Mavrok took their bodies and have destroyed our kingdom."

"Oh my!! What have we done?"

"It's all my fault. I was just too foolish."

"Well, now that I'm alive, everything will be fine. We'll fix everything. But what did you do to the human?"

"I killed him of course. A soul for a soul. Including his family too. And all his fortune." Scarlet grunts.

"Oh Scarlet, he was ignorant. He must've mistaken the ring for a treasure. Remember he's a hunter. He hunts for fishes and treasure."

"Well, I didn't kill his entire family. His son still lives. I let him live because he returned the ring to me. But I cursed him. He was betrothed to another human, who I have threatened to kill if he marries her."

"But what for?" Iomai asks disapprovingly.

"His father took you away from us, so that's his punishment. At least he still lives."

"There's no need for that. You have me now, don't you? So revoke the curse."

"Read my lips, Iomai. I will not. The humans will pay."

Iomai takes Scarlet's cheeks. "Tell me, Iomai. Is it worth paying a debt you didn't owe?"

Scarlet looks away from her. "I don't care."

"You know the right thing, Scarlet. Do it."

I so can't wait to write the next three chapters. Now the real shit begins...
Vote if you liked it. And for the love of God, don't leave the comment section empty. I appreciate your opinions. It really means a lot. Thank you.