TWENTY

[ADRIAN'S POV]

When Ingrid left, I was absolutely stunned. Everything seemed surreal to me. For years, I'd thought I had her wrapped around my finger. She was with me despite my cheating on her, our countless arguments, and my frequent misbehavior. She still stood by me, like she understood, like she didn't have feelings. But deep inside, I knew she was hurting. But she loved me too much to go.

         So why was she suddenly leaving me now, that I had decided to get married to her? And pregnant? Where did that come in? How come I never got to know about Raphael? How long had I been stupid?

       At least, I deserve everything. I was fooling around for too long. I was an idiot to assume she wouldn't notice that I was cheating on her. She had the right to pay back.

     I just didn't get why she had to lie. She kept a lie for how long? And our wedding....all her pretending. Why did she wait till now? No matter what it is, I really can't lose her. If I can't have her, then I'd have to be alone. She is the only one I want. And I'd do anything for her forgiveness. I want to go and talk to her.

I pick up my cellphone and give her a call. I don't really expect her to pick it up. She really sounded like she wanted everything to be over between us. But I gather a little hope and wait for the call.

She doesn't pick up. This goes on for a very long time. She didn't pick any of my call. In anger, I throw the phone at the door to shatter.

"Woah..." Harris yelps, dodging the flying phone as he comes in through the door. "Man, what's up?" he gives the phone a worried look.

"It's messed up." I shake my head. "I want her back."

Harris sits himself on the couch opposite mine, a pours himself a glass of wine from the center table. "You sure?" he asks, staring at me intently, looking for the truth.

"What kind of question is that? You know I love her?"

"I also know you've been cheating on her 'intentionally or unintentionally' for three years, behind her back. Is that love?"

"I was just trying to convince myself that I didn't love her. Look, you might have figured out your feelings for Susan easily and was able to make a decision. I'm happy for you. But mine was different, okay? I loved her, but I... "

"....you were too much of a bitch to accept it. And due to your indecision and pride, you hurt her. Look, why did you even date her in the first place?"

"It started off as a little crush. But that's not the point."

"It is the point. You just dated her because of pity."

"Pity?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"She loved you so freaking much back in high school. But you couldn't return those feelings. So you just took pity on her and dated her so that you wouldn't break her heart....and also for the sex. She was a pretty attractive girl."

"I got to love her back as time went on, genius. I just felt strange about it. I wanted to dump her for someone else. I felt I was getting too attached. It was all new to me. But before I could act, I was already in love with her."

"Adrian, you just have to let her go. Besides, Sophie is still on your neck. Just let Ingrid be happy."

"She was happy, Harris. She was happy with me, I asked her to marry me. I don't know what happened. But I really need her back."

"Is that what you really want?"

"More than anything. I don't care about the pregnancy. And... and I need your help."

"How?"

"She's not picking my calls, but maybe she'll pick yours."

"She's not picking mine either, because you're my best friend. She only talks to Suze, even that she tells her the same things about really loving Raphael." Harris says. My heart sinks, but I try to pull myself together.

"She's only lying to punish me. She cannot love someone else just like that.  I can go meet her at the bar, right? That's where she works at."

"Alright, Adrian. Good luck with that."

Hey people!! Did you like this chapter? I hope Adrian's point of view makes sense. Please comment on this chapter. And vote if you like it. And also.... I'm trying really hard to write some smut in the chapters ahead. When I finally am able to do so, I just hope it's not cringe worthy. 😂😂.

Fingers crossed. Thanks.