SIXTEEN

[INGRID'S POV]

I wake up the next morning, and find clothes next to me, on my bed. I realised I'd slept in my wedding dress, and really needed a toothbrush.

"Good morning, Ingrid."

I look for the source of the voice, expecting to see Adrian, but instead, there stands Raphael, leaning against the door frame... shirtless. Right, I'm in his house, not mine and Adrian's.

His wet abs don't escape my sight, but I am able to control myself because Adrian has shown me something just like that.

"Hi." I say absently, shifting in the bed. "I thought I fell asleep on the... "

"...on the sofa. Yes, but that's unhealthy so I brought you here. You can wear those clothes and take the gown off."

I pick the clothes and examine them. An oversized cotton T shirt and black pants. Wait, are those....briefs? He wants me to wear men's briefs?

"I suppose women can wear a bra twice, because I don't keep women's underwear. And I hope you feel comfortable in those briefs. " Raphael puts in. Stupid mind reader.

"When you're done showering and dressing, you can come downstairs for breakfast." he adds, then he walks out.

           I come out of my room to the kitchen for breakfast. The kitchen smells of delicious food. Raphael drags a chair back for me to sit. I roll my eyes as I sit down. He then takes his seat and begins to fill my glass with milk.

"I can serve myself." I say, but he ignores me and continues to serve. He dishes my pancakes and glazes them with Nutella.

He smiles at me and says. "You're my responsibility."

"Whatever." I take my phone and realise I have a lot of missed calls and texts. Lord, how soon and long did I sleep...in a stranger's house? Six missed calls from Susan and Harris. Ha. Susan Wilson. Mrs. Wilson. I wonder how it feels to be married. I blink to fight back my tears.

Five missed calls from my mom. Lord, I want to see her. I wonder how she's faring. She must be feeling really awful.

Ten missed calls and texts from Adrian. He must've been scared to death. And oh yes, the pregnancy test. I'll finally be outta here. I look up at Raphael, who's staring intently at me. This guy still hadn't stated clearly what he wanted it what his intentions were.

"How was your night?" He asks me, with that familiar look of concern.

"Good." I say simply.

"No nightmares?" he enquires. How did he know I had nightmares? Okay, maybe... just like that.

"No."

"Does the ring still hurt?"

"No. It feels... comfortable." I say, looking at my hand. Sweet Lord, it comes to me. No nightmares, no voices, no hurt in my finger.

"Good." Raphael gives a satisfied smile. "It's working."

I give him a questioning look. "What is working?"