EIGHTEEN

[INGRID'S POV]

I open the door to my house and meet Susan, Harris, Sophie and Adrian waiting for me in the living room. Susan rushes to me and wraps her arms around me like her life depends on it.

"I'm so sorry about your wedding, Ingy. I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that." she says, letting go off me.

"Ingy, are you okay?" Adrian reaches for my face and caresses it.

"I'm fine, love." I give him a peck on the lips.

"Alright, let's get ready for the pregnancy test, shall we? I cannot wait to get you out of Raphael's grasp." Adrian says.

"Adrian, I... I'm not doing the pregnancy test." I say softly.

"What?"

"I have something to tell you guys." I say, gulping. Susan touches my shoulder, her eyes warning me.

"What I want to say is that..."

"Ingrid, don't. Please. Don't do this." Susan coaxes.

"Why, what's going, Suze? Do you know anything?" Harris asks Suze worriedly.

"No Harris, she doesn't know anything. Just listen to me. Adrian, I'm pregnant....for Raphael." I blurt out, with all the confidence I could muster.

Adrian steps back from me, staring into my eyes to decipher the truth.

"Ingrid, what are you saying? How can you be pregnant for him? You said you didn't know him?" Susan asks.

"I lied. I lied to everyone of you because, I was... scared. I wasn't ready to face your reactions there and then. I was confused... and guilty and...."

"Shut up, Ingy. I know Raphael is asking you to do all this. Did he threaten to kill you? We can call the police." Harris puts in. Susan nods in agreement.

"I'm sorry you had to hear this but that's the truth. Raphael and I were together when I was with Adrian. And then... it just happened. But I didn't know I was pregnant until I saw the signs. I thought was happened between me and Raphael was just a fluke so I thought I'd never see him again. And besides, I was still in love with you, Adrian." I turn to look at Adrian. But he's just sat on the sofa, staring at the floor.

"So um," I continue. "I'm gonna pack my clothes. I'm moving in with Raphael."

"What?" Susan gasps. Adrian's head jolts up when I say that. But I can't look at him. I turn around and head towards our room. I hear Adrian chasing after me, calling after me, but I keep walking, tears falling from my eyes to the ground.

I get to our bedroom, I try to open the wardrobe for my clothes, but a hand slams it shut. I turn to face a furious looking Adrian, staring at me.

"You think you can just walk into my life and walk out whenever you want? I know you, Ingrid. I'm the stupid one but you're not. You'll never ever cheat on me. So tell me all this is a lie. "

I wipe the tears off my face and try my best to look serious. "You think you're the only one allowed to be stupid? You think you have the right to hurt people and just walk away with it. You were ignorant about how I felt about this relationship because you were too busy fucking Sophie, my best friend." I yell.

His face softens, looking hurt. "Ingrid, I..."

"You think you are the only angry one here? Well, I'm also angry. News flash, Adrian, I have emotions too. You think you can just sleep around with anyone and I'll be the one sitting here waiting for you? Raphael showed me love when you weren't there. He healed my broken heart. I wasn't happy with you, Adrian. You couldn't stop hurting me!" I say. A tear falls from my eyes again. Oh God, I wish I could tell him I didn't mean any of this. For the first time in my life, I'm lying to him in the face.

"Ingrid," he says softly cupping my face. "You said you'd forgiven me. If you didn't, you wouldn't have said yes to me. You know you love me. You can never pay me back this way. I know you. And I love you Ingrid, I really do. Between me and Sophie.... it was a mistake."

"Humans make mistakes, Adrian. But they also face consequences. I love Raphael, Adrian. And I want to be with him. Sorry for leading you on."
I say, hauling down my suitcase. Adrian watches in silence as I pack my clothes into it. Tears are all over his face, his eyes drilling a hole into my body.

After packing, I zip it up and start dragging it away. But a hand turns me around forcefully, another grabs my waist and a pair of soft, cold lips capture mine in a deep kiss. I try to pull away, but Adrian is too strong.

"Adrian," I murmur, struggling out of his embrace. He finally lets go off me.

"Do you really have to leave?" he asks, his blue eyes searching mine. Oh God, these beautiful eyes. "Is it worth it, Ingy? Lying to me about everything?"

"Believe it or not, Adrian. I'm in love with someone else."

"No, I know that. And I deserve it for hurting you. But why didn't you tell me earlier? Did you have to do it at our wedding? Was it worth pretending?"

I force a smirk on my lips. "I was punishing you, Adrian. I hope you know how it feels like, to be cheated." With that, I turn around to leave, concealing my guilty tears.

"I still love you, Ingrid. And I'm sorry." I hear him say behind me. I break down more, but not for him to see. I walk through Susan, Harris and Sophie, ignoring their protests and not uttering a word. I left my family forever.

But it's better for them to hate me, than for them to die. And for that, I'd sacrifice anything.

Hey! I hope this chapter was emotional. Lmao, that's my intention. Anyway, I need your comments. Badly. Don't be quiet on me. And if you like it, please support me with your votes. Thanks.