TWELVE

I ran very fast out of the chapel, not caring or knowing where I was heading to. I ignored the aching of my feet in the high heels, or the hindrance my flowing gown was giving me.

All I did was ran...in tears. I soon stopped at a place which kinda looked like a children's park, sat on a swing and cried even more. I didn't care that the tears were ruining my makeup. Why was I so unlucky? It was as if I wasn't allowed to be happy once in my life. I throw my bouquet away, not caring where it landed.

"Ingy! Ingy!" I hear someone yelling, I know it's Adrian, but I don't look at him. Well, he sounds out of breath. He sits next to me on another swing and brings me into a hug. I sob some more on his shoulder, getting his suit wet.

"Don't worry, love. We'll conduct our own test and everyone will know that all this is a lie. After that we can't get married."

"Adrian, I swear on my life I..."

"I know. I trust you. You don't have to worry. I'm pretty sure all he wants is money. But we'll prove him wrong, every thing is alright."

I nod. "Okay."

"Let's go home now. I'll get you some coffee."

"She's not going anywhere with you, Adrian." a voice huskier than Adrian's says. We look up and see Raphael. Sophie is standing next to him, trying to look worried.

Adrian lets go off me to face him. "And who are you to decide that?"

"Well, she's not legally yours yet. And she has my baby. I'd like to take care of it by myself." Raphael retorts.

Adrian seizes his collar again such that Raphael is almost suffocating. "If you don't cut the crap right now, I'll punch you in the face that no one will be able to recognize you."

"I deserve the benefit of the doubt, Adrian. Ingrid is my responsibility and I have provided enough evidence to prove that."

Adrian punches him hard in the jaw. "To hell with your bullshit evidence!"

"Adrian..." I try to stop him, but the ring tightens around my finger again and I collapse to the floor in pain.

"B-baby, are you okay?" Adrian rushes to me.

"Are you hurt?" intones Raphael. This time, he looks genuinely worried as he takes my hand to look at my finger.

"Get your filthy hands off her!" Adrian bellows at him. Then to me, he says quite calmly. "Take the ring off."

"Does it hurt really bad?" Raphael intones, causing Adrian to shoot death glances at him. I'm too much in pain to react. Gently, I take the ring off.

"Are you fine now?" Adrian asks. I nod, trying to get up to my feet.

"Ingrid, you need to come home with me." Raphael says. "I'm ready to accept our baby and we can start a family." he says with a worried tone, looking into my eyes like he adores me.

"She will go nowhere with you." Adrian says.

"It's up to her to decide." Raphael smirks at me. I stare back at him with mixed emotions: anger, sorrow, disdain, confusion...awe. He was a good actor and a liar.

"Why are you doing all this, Raphael?"   I ask in a rather soft voice filled with hurt, because I was too physically and emotionally injured to yell at him.

"Because I love you."

"Just... stop it." I hold up my hand. "Is it money you want? Or do you want this ring? It costs seven million dollars. I'm willing to give it all to you if that's what it takes for you to start away from me."

"Why would you assume that, my love?" I flinch the name he calls me. "Nothing matters than our baby."

"Just shut up! You did a great job back in the chapel. Now no one is here so you can stop acting. Just name the price."

"There is no price. My love for you is priceless. Please don't deny me." Raphael cups my face in his hands and caresses my cheek. Adrian tries to hurt him back I hold him back and drag him to a safe corner.

"Adrian, listen to me. There's no need for this. After he has the so called evidence which has not yet been proven wrong. So until we do our own test, I'm gonna do what he wants. I'll stay with him."

"What?. Ingy, you barely know him. What if he hurts you?"

"He met me at the bar last time and said some strange things about my ring. I think he wants money. So he wouldn't hurt me. And... and maybe if I go stay with him, I can get some explanations. As long as we're here, he won't stop acting." I explain

Adrian swallows. "Fine. But promise me you'll be okay. I'll keep calling you often to check on you. You're brilliant, I know you'll do the right thing. Everything will be fine."

"Yes, Adrian. It would." I lean in and kiss him. "I won't be there for long. We'll get married after that bitch goes to jail for fraud."

"Ingrid..." I hear Raphael's voice behind me.

Adrian takes my hand and we walk towards him.
"I'll let her go with you. But I'm warning you," Adrian says with gritted teeth. "if anything happens to her, I'll send your ass to jail."

Raphael grins. "She's my girlfriend. I wouldn't hurt her." Then he looks at me. "Babe, shall we?"

I give a stiff nod and go with him into his car. It's a really posh and sleek Ferrari. Probably expensive. Why would a guy who owns a car that Adrian cannot afford want money from us? What could he possibly want in exchange for ruining my wedding, my life? I look back at Adrian standing as still as ever with Sophie next to him. I'm gonna miss him.

But first, Raphael has some explanations to do.

I don't know guys, I feel bad about this chapter. I don't know whether I'm on the right path yet. Is this real? I need opinions, please. I may not be expecting votes because this is the one chapter I'm not so sure about. Anyway, vote if you think otherwise. Xoxo.