Bomb Squad

The sun was beginning to go away, the crowd of people around that place wag beginning to leave.
" Oi let's start, let me see what are you capable of" nobunaga said while sitting on a piece of a destroyed building, " you said that you could handle it right?" , " Well I thought that I could locate the bombs but I can't, they placed them at least 50 cm underground" , " Are you saying that we are done? There's nothing to do?" Nobunaga said, he was starting to loose his patience, "Well just let me do everything, the only thing that I ask for is no one interrupting me, not even random people who are passing by, stop them if they try to do anything different than just watching ok? I really don't like when I get interrupted." , "Pff, you have sone guts to give me orders, ok whatever, but remember that you can't give me orders, I am only doing this beacause I have faith in your way of doing things.".
I didn't even bother responding, I just wanted to come back at our base as soon as possible, I only needed to do things in a different way.
My plan was locating the bombs and destroying them alone with the help of Nobunaga, but I guess that I don't need him anymore.
I looked at the sand closely, looked at all the zone around me and at all the rubbles, the I slowly bend closer to the ground and gently touched it a couple of times, then I taked a large breath and positioned my hand as high as possible and swiftly swing my hand to the ground, and all the sand and the rubbles instantly exploded, it wasn't like an explosion beacause there was no damage,

it was like if the sand and the rubbles just started going everywhere and then they disappeared.There weren't even bombs anymore. I started repeating the process over and over always changing zone for at least 20 times, there were a lot of bombs, but after some time I finally finished.
"Your efficiency in enviable, but it didn't look like you put much effort in your work",
"If at the end it does work then putting effort is just wasting more energies, you don't have to be excited look positive and sure of yourself or put effort in things to do them well.", Nobunaga stared at me like if I was some kind of alien " I see so you like to make minimal effort and to things just sufficiently" "That's correct, now I just want to go back, I don't want to have small talks with all these people who were watching" "Huh!? Come on at least said that this was a pleasure, you saved them in a way" nobunaga said while pointing at them, " Well that's the problem, I am not always going to be here, and By the way it wasn't a pleasure at all come all the way here to do this", " But you saves part of the city, you should feel like an hero", " I don't do this beacause i like playing the role of the hero nobu, I do this beacause I can feel like I am useful, this city is the worst place in the world, but it's still my place in the world so I am not going to let these things happen, It's a complicated relationship of love and hate" " I personally feel the same tenshi, it's hard to describe, it's nostalgia and love for the worst place in the world, the place that has made our lives a friggin' hell" nobu said while looking at the sky with eyes lost in his past, " We should go now Nobunaga".
After a bit we finally returned and the sky was getting darker, we stepped inside and there wasn't anyone in sight, but there was a delicious smell in the air.
I decided that I definitely wanted to help machi cooking so I checked the kitchen, she was cooking some kind of spicy beef.
" Uhm seems delicious", " It seems like that at the end it didn't take much time cleaning up those bombs" she said without looking at me,
" I promised that I was going to help you cooking so I did it as quickly as possible machi", this time she didn't respond at all, after a bit she talked but it wasn't what I was expecting her to say, " You are trying hard to be accepted by doing everything and helping as much as possible, you don't need to" , "What do you mean, I need to, I need to not feel like weight", " Right now we are all friendly, but during our business we aren't friends, during our business we are coworkers", " I understand that perfectly machi, but I don't need coworkers, I just need a real home, and the spider is my home now" , "maybe you are like this because it's your first day, I hope that during our activities you will be 100% serious and not just trying to prove yourself", " Ah, of course, I didn't joined to prove myself to other, I generally don't care about what others think",
"So you are like the majority of us, no home, no family, no purpose" , " Until today" I said while looking outside the window, " Uh machi I think that you are overcooking the onions around the beef, these onions are going to stick at the bottom of the pan and becoming bitter"
" Uh no already, oh damn-", "Look it's okay we just need a glass of water and some sugar, Then when the water will evaporate you need to put salt again" I explained," how is possible that you are good at cooking? A normal inhabitant of meteor city eats every 2 or 3 days", " Well, I surely passed a period were I was skinny and I rarely eated, but as you can see now I am normal, we could say that in the last 2 years I started using my hatsu to do some robbery, I've never stealed just for money, I stealed only food clothes and books nothing more" ,
" You treated yourself well uh" , " Aw come on machi, who wouldn't? Look at me I am so smart and beautiful, who wouldn't treat me well?", "Uh, I can't believe this, I had some hopes in you, you are a total jerk, it's irrecoverable, you are even worse than phinks.".
I shooked my head and pitifully replied "Oh, worse than phinks? that's brutal, I am deeply hurt" and then the most incredible thing in the world happened, she laughed, it was more a mix between a chuckle and a laugh and it was very suppressed, but I actually heard it.
"Oh? Is that what I think? You just laughed didn't you? Well I kinda always knew that inside you are actually a bit soft, and that you just pretend to find our dumbness annoying."
" Maybe it's true and you are right, but that confirms that you are still an idiot anyways, just cook and don't mess around" , " Huh, always hard eh... Yeah at your comand" I said with a sad tone in my voice.

I can still remember my first day in the troupe like if it was yesterday, so much time has passed, so much is changed, there are some new members, we are kinda still the same but we don't fool around as much anymore and that's a pity.