The bunker

It was early in the morning, I left the sword inside a package in the front door of Nobunaga's house, I wrote my name and carefully placed it down, I tried to knock but he was probably asleep so I walked away, the sun was rising it was a new dawn, I needed to go to the north of the city in the wastelands, basically that place is the worst of the worst, only mines and barbed wire and not any signs of civilization, sand and iron nothing more, I walked like a lost boy in the wastelands searching for the right place.
Nothing seemed off, there was this breeze that made me daydream, the wind caressed my hairs and I started to think about my childhood and everything that I've done, I looked at the sun rising and the horizon and started smiling, "This is the worst place in the world, but I'll gladly live here in exchange of being free forever." I said as I closed my eyes, nothing mattered at that point, I let myself fall on my back on top of the sand, I looked at the sky then closed my eyes, I felt like a man in the moon, like someone who was colonizing a new place, a place where laws and rules didn't existed yet, unfortunately I was so caught in my world that I didn't notice that someone was spying on me, "Such a beautiful place isn't it?" The voice said after taking a deep breath, I quickly stood up in disbelief and I felt embarrassed "Boss" I said as I sighed,
He chuckled before regaining composure, "You're a free spirit Tey, I've never doubted that." He said as he walked past me, "It's awkward to hear you call me like that, you know boss I often feel like a lost boy walking in the darkness after loosing everything that I had, but then I look at the sun rising and everything passes." I said as I places my arms behind my head, "I'm always daydreaming, I always think about liberty and being free, I would love to just go in a beach and watch the sun rise, I would like to live every day to it's fullest potential, it's a gut feeling that I always had." I explained as I looked back at him, he seemed interested, he was searching for something inside my words, he tried to say something but then he stopped, "You have potential to change things, you are such a pure soul a real free spirit." He said before pointing at a far away little hill, "That's the place." He said as he started walking his way forward.
He asked me to help him create basically a bunker right there, he wanted a safe place for the troupe to stay if anything goes wrong, he needed me mostly because of my power, my job was basically destroying the bombs and removing the sand.
After a bit of walking we finally arrived at the right place, I looked around amazed before speaking, "Boss I didn't know that the hill covered an old church." I said in disbelief, in meteor city there were more churches than hospitals restaurants and bar put together, religion spreads like the plague, there are churches but not houses, that's the hypocrisy of this place.
"Well having already a structure in the surface it's an advantage." He said as he entered the church, he looked around and sighed accomplished, "Beautiful." He said before turning around and to admire the place, "Ok while you look the inside I'll clean the outside." I said before walking away, I started to destroy some of the mines that were around that zone and I also destroyed some of the barbed wire on the back of the church, I then fixed back the barbed wire because I needed it on the other side, just to discourage every outside a replaced  some of the mines and of the barbed wire at east, I was more than sure than no one mentally stable would've have walked that way.
Then when I came back inside the boss used one of his powers to slowly restore the objects in the church, "You should try to make a tunnel on the ex garden that leads under the church, we will make our base secret base there." He said while slowly fixing the floor, I walked outside in the back of the church, on the empty space that time ago was a garden.
I removed the debris around the area and started to think about how to make a tunnel,
Under the sand there was actual soil, so I cleaned the sand and started to dig underneath the soil, "Boss" I called out, he came out an looked at me from hair to toe, "What's the matter?" He asked before looking at the mountain of sand that I cleaned from the ground, "I don't know if I can dig a tunnell that will stay operative, I mean I am not an architect." I said while rubbing the back of my head, he looked surprised and waited for a hit before actually responding to my sentence
"Mhh I see your point but I thought about cementing." He explained, "Hear my out, there's a chance that underneath the church there is an actual old catacomb or sanctuary." I explained looking at him, he seemed surprised, "Well my plan was arriving there." He said as he calmly removed his coat, "Boss honestly my plan would be to break the floor in one point." I explained, "Raw, rudimentary but straight to the point." He said before turning around, "I gues that we have to destroy to create." He said.
So we searched behind the altar then in the dressing room but nothing, there wasn't a secret hatch or anything, I decided to check out upstairs and I finally found something behind the large organ, an actual hatch, exactly when I've almost lost all of my hopes.
I opened the hatch and underneath that there was a small ladder and then a long but small and tight hallway that conducted under the altar. The place was really large and had open spaces, the ceiling was barely one meter and ninety centimeters, it was really dark and humid but thanks to god it was actually fresh, looking around I found a cobblestoned entrance almost like a water well but big enough for someone to fit in, in fact I crouched and slowly walked inside, after a couple of meters I finally found what we needed, and underground facility, actually it was a net of tunnels judging by how it was made, there were even signs on the cobblestone wall, they said Chapel tunnels, ther were some something like 20 decently large bedrooms, no rats or things like that and there was a large central room with an incredibly long table, there were also 3 bathrooms and they were probably connected to an old system of sewers, there wasn't water on the floor, there wasn't anything rotten and there weren't debris in the way, it was almost too good, probably this thing once ago was connected to the citadel tunnels who knows?
There were also two 'Living rooms' a library and what seemed like and underground garden.
I walked back to the church and informed the boss, he looked accomplished, we found a safe place for the troupe.

Day after

I walked around the city as always and I noticed that more and more people were in meteor city everyday, this place will never stop growing, it's so good to walk around and see that nobody wants to fuck with you, it's not like that I care about what a couple of drug addicted useless guys think about me, but it's almost like if I am someone, it's almost like if I really do have value as a human.
"Panicked, don't cry, stop for a moment, I can do it, because if you go further down maybe you'll never come back, you try to kill, enemies, what's inside you, you don't say it, if you like you do you'll regret it, you'll regret it." I started so sing while walking, "What's that song?" Shalnark who apparently came out of nowhere asked, "Ah, Well good morning I guess." I replied, "So?" He asked again, I let out a deep sigh before replying " Well it isn't in this language, I was just translating while singing." I replied and he nodded, "It seemed quite off tempo in fact." He said while looking up in the sky, "Well it's not made for this language please be nice." I said and he sighed, "What did you do yesterday with the boss?" He asked before starting to tilt his head to the side, "We made a bunker for the troupe or rather we found one." I replied, he surely looked surprised and excited at the same time.
"Cool." He said, "Trust me it is not." I replied and he looked like a lost puppy "Damn that's a shame, but I guess I'll adapt myself." He said before grinning, after living for years in a junkyard he still is so picky? And how is possible that he's always grinning and smiling and being lighthearted?.
"We are the others?" I asked and ge immediately replied "At nobu's place, playing poker or something?", "Well then I'll grab some beers and go there." I said before changing directions and heading towards my house, "I'll directly go there." He said before dashing away.
At the end that was a nice day, we played some pokers amd enjoyed ourselves.