26: real or fake

Taehyung sat on his bed staring at the ground. Jungkook had brought him home but taehyung didnt want him to stay. He had to think.

And that was what he was doing.

Well he was trying to.

Murderer

Domt you remember us

You killed us

Murderer

Murderer

The words kept repeating in his head. His head hurted. He was trying to remember anything that he had done. But he couldnt he couldnt remember parts. Like they were a blur in his memory.

You killed us

"no"

You did this

"no! Stop!" taehyung shouted and gripped his hair. He tugged at it trying to distract his mind towards the pain.

It wasnt working, he whimpered hearing them scream inside his head. He hit his arm onto the night stand feeling a sharp Pain in his arm. But it worked.

The voices stopped.

Taehyung held his arm and looked out his window. Seeing the moonlight shine through the curtains.

He felt alone, even when Hoseok was one wall away from him. Even with the voices in his head.

Even with Jungkook ready to show up whenever he asked.

But he didnt call him. He didnt know if he wanted to. Jungkook wasn't what he thought he was.

He was not a imagination he was a evil spirit. He wasnt human he was a demon. He wasnt Jungkook. He was Jeongguk.

And here was Taehyung. A mortal Human who gave himself to a evil demon spirit that haunted his mind his whole life.

He fell for him, gave him his body, made love with him trusted him. And all to find out this.

But inside he felt fear. Fear that was hidden behind a layer of affection. His heart still beated faster for him. His heart still wanted the other. Even if he should fear him. And even when he did fear him.

A heart wants what it wants.

"jungkook.." Taehyung whispered. And at that moment a pair of feet appeared in his view.

"im here" Jungkooks voice was gentle. It made taehyung feel like a warm blanket was thrown over him.

"you know..." taehyung started.

"i always thought you were just a nightmare. A curse to my mind"he chuckled and shook his head.

"and it seems i was correct......But you werent a nightmare. You were my curse, a real one. You were actualy there all this time. You were never fake."

Jungkook looked at him. Unsure if he should speak or not.

"im no monster Tae" jungkook then said.

"i didnt say you were" taehyung said and finnaly looked up at the other. "im scared Jungkook" he confessed and his eyes watered. A confused look on his face as he felt his tear that escaped his eyes looking at it with a small frown.

"why am i even crying?" he asked himself with a chuckle.

"why are you scared?" Jungkook asked stepping closer. He sat down next to taehyung who froze a bit by his close presence.

"i dont even know whats real anymore. I dont know what to believe. What if this is all a dream and you are the only thing real" taehyung started. "what if im asleep all this time. Or im dead. Thats why they said i killed them. What if im reliving a past life."

"dont say nonsense"

"then tell me one thing" taehyung said and looked at him.

"are you using me?"

Jungkook stared at Taehyung. Seeing his glossy eyes waiting desperately for a answer.

"no" he gave that as his answer and taehyung smiled a bit nodding.

"maybe i was a fool to break open to you. To fully jump into your grasp. Trying to reach your heart"

"Tae please believe me. My love for you is real, im not a trickster" Jungkook said and held Taehyungs hand.

"what if you will turn against me One day. If you really are a demon they are told not to be trusted"

"you can trust me. I promise"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook. He saw jungkook whole body language and expression change. Was jungkook scared to lose him?

He hwld taehyins hands tightly as his eyes were innocent looking at Taehyungs. But taehyungs were dozing away. Looking to nothing.

"why do they keep talking?" he asked at no one specific. He chuckled lightly.

Jungkook gave him a confused look.

"the voices, they arent stopping" taehyung moved  his head and turned trying to find the sourse. "they are yelling...No no!"

Taehyung covered his ears hearing them screaming again. He hit his arm on the table repeatedly

"stop stop stop" he chanted while hurting himself. Jungkook quickly made him stop. Grabbing his arms away and cupping Taehyungs face.

"Jungkook"

"they cant hurt you, they are not real. Dont let them get to you" he said.

"they are mean"

"i know"Jungkook shifted more on the bed and pulled taehyung on it. Who was already ready for bed before he started thinking and ended up sitting in the edge for a hour. "come sleep"

Taehyung layed down against Jungkooks chest. He had to admit for a demon he was actually really kind in his eyes. Storys he read about them were cuel and gore. But jungkook havent done anything close to that in a long time.

He did really change.

"do you think im a murderer?" taehyung asked playing with Jungkooks fingers that were around his waist.

"you are not" Jungkook frowned at the question.

"why do i feel they are right, maybe im a bad person"

"dont do stupid things tae, im watching you" jungkook said holding him close.

'you killed us'

'you made us crash'

'guilty'

'guilty'

---

Sorry for such a late and short update. Please dont be mad ಥ_ಥ

Im slowly getting to some interesting parts in the story as you may have noticed.

I hope it wont be too confusing, if things are now i hope they will become more clear in the future chapters.

Or ask me, i will respond if i can give an answer^^

Thank you for reading!