She's Just a Teenage Runaway

Rein's POV
-
I felt so bad for doing that. She was the first friend I've had for years and I just ran out on her. But, I kept running. Where was I going? I didn't even know, but I kept running down the straight road.

Then, I saw a hill. More like a mountain. I ran as fast as my un-nourished legs could get me up the hill. I haven't eaten for days.
But, alas, I was fine.
Just fine.

I got to a point on the hill where the paved road turned to gravel and I went to the grass. I took off my shoes and socks and sweater. They were slowing me down.

Then, I kept running on the grass until the slanted ground turned flat. I stepped off the grass into the hard rock.
I found myself at a cliff.
I kept looking back as of I wanted to be saved, but in reality, I didn't.

I wanted to die.

But first I had to think. Think about my options. Luckily, there was a park bench 2 feet away from the edge of the cliff. I sat down and leaned forwards. I was about 40 feet high.

I stood on the park bench and spread my bony arms out.
I just wanted to be thin, not a skeleton.
I wanted to be pretty, not fake.
I wanted to feel happy, not dead inside.
I wanted to enjoy everything, not want to die.

I closed my eyes and I was about to move but I heard a car honk behind me.