Chapter 1: Death

Hello everyone..!It has been 4 months since I deleted the past version of this story. Hope you like this new one..! Even though, I stated that it will be complete by the time I publish it. Thinking of publishing hundred+ chapters in one day, made be tiring. So I ended up publishing the first 50 chapters first, thank you...!

___------------___

       “God is nothing, but a mere belief…” I believed, since I was young. Unable to graduate from that thought, before I notice….I soon lost everything. I lost the sight to see beautiful things. I lost the ability to grasp the color of the world. I lost the reason to live. And soon, I also lost…..myself. Ever since, I had been chasing over the light, the light which is a fragment of what I lost. It is a light that everyone sees, yet it seems so fleeting. I reached out my hand to catch it. It is right in front of me, yet I can’t grasp it. Even though, it is on a distance that I can reach anytime. As I continue to chase over it. It stopped right in front of me. I took one step forward. A gust of wind made me look back to reality. I saw myself being run over by a truck. I died, though it didn’t feel real. I couldn’t feel the pain, even though I knew it surely hurt a lot. I couldn’t feel the temperature of the blood, even though it was surely hot like flames. My vision became vaguer, as I blinked by matter of seconds. I closed my eyes. To the great extent of surprise, I saw my life on a counterclockwise way. I thought, “My life was really terrible…” Being abandoned by my parents, being betrayed by my own sibling, and being rejected by my first and last love, such trivial despairs in life made me this miserable. Between the lines of my monologue, a familiar voice interrupted, telling me. “Nolite ergo solliciti esse, vivere et filio (Don’t worry, You will live son)” It was a very hoarse voice that it resembled an old man’s. By the time that I start to lose my consciousness, I remembered a quote of a certain man. “God always gave us what we wish for. We just don’t notice it, therefore I doubted him, and he bestowed me Death. Probably, it was what I truly wished for…” Such thing still remained incomprehensible for me, until now. Now that I learned everything in life was pointless. I used to think that “that” man was idiot. “For what reason would a normal person would wish death?” Or so I used to criticize him. Though, maybe now…I will also be considered an idiot like him, because I wished Death, for my own peace, and as escape to this cruel world….Once again, I closed my eyes, so that I can go to sleep……an eternal sleep. “Wake up! Wake up! Wake up already! Oi…… Wake up!” Two silhouettes woke me up from my slumber. They were calling me by some name, though I couldn’t hear it clearly. I opened my eyes. I felt something soft and fluffy on my back. I assumed already that I was on a bed. I looked around, and noticed that my vision was somehow a bit small, than usual. I tried to stand, but my body was too heavy for me to lift. I heard some voices. I looked over their way, and saw two women. One was a maid, she approached me and somehow, she managed to carry me easily, as if I was an ant to her. Wait a second. In what time am I in? Why is there a maid in here? Plus, why does everything around look like they are all from medieval times? And also, why the hell am I here…?! I tried to talk to the maid. “Goo Gaa Gaoo..!” I asked her. I was surprised to know that I couldn’t even utter a word perfectly. All I wanted to ask her was “Who are you?” Yet, it turned into something that a baby would sound like. Wait, a baby..? “What a cute boy he is, Madam..!” The maid cheered. “You dare call a fine man like me cute! At least, call me call, instead!!” All I could do was complain to this woman in my mind. “Is that so, then can you bring him over here, so I can see him more closely, Seria?” The other woman lying down on the canopy bed, asked. The maid looked at me, and fixed her way of carrying me, as if trying to weigh me. She put on a face, saying “It would be fine…” Perhaps she is worried about the woman on the bed, who seems so frail. “Understood Madam…” After a minute of hesitation, she answered. She walked to the bed, while carrying me, on her arms. She handed me over to the woman in the bed. She looked so frail, yet so beautiful, like an angel. No….her beauty was comparable to a Goddess. “You were right, he was cute…” She said, while smiling at me. “Right..? He even inherited your light blonde hair and his majesty’s jewel blue eyes…” Seria said. “Hmm…” The woman mumbled. I could only stare at her, as I was captivated by the beauty of my mother, or so I guess? “So what will you name him?” Seria asked. “Hmm…I haven’t thought about it carefully, so I’m still hesitating…” The woman answered. “What kind of boy do you want him to grow up, Madam?” Seria asked, as she sat down the bed. “I want him to grow up into a boy who can protect those important to him…” She answered as she gazed at me with a gentle smile. “Then how about Edward..?” Seria asked. “Edward..?” Mom mumbled. “Yes, it means guardian. They say kids grow up to the meaning of their name, right?” Seria said. “I see, Edward, huh..? It looks good on him” Mom said. “Thank you…Then, from now on you will be known as Edward von Collins, nice to meet you…” The woman smiled, as she kissed my forehead, gently. As if she was thanking me for being born… My hypothesis was right. I soon learned that I was reincarnated in another world. Sheesh, how much does that “God” hate me, enough to throw me to another world? Well, thanks to him, I might have found the world I’m compatible with, perhaps. This world is similar to the previous world, in many ways. This planet or mostly called “Realm” in this side is called “Exelia”. It has 7 continents, like Earth. The thing that serves as the space in this place is the uppermost layer, known as “Heaven”, or “Garden of Eden”, in other names. “Ether” is what we call the mana or magic flow, it is also the life energy of the humans here, in this world. And the other realms in this world are: Niflheim, Muspelheim, Asgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Alfheim, Svartalfheim, and Helheim. There are 9 realms in total, including Exelia. For some reason, there was a fight about the numbers of realms. In a distant past, two sides were formed between the Gods, causing the formation of another realm, instead of having only 8 realms. And the thing that serves as the center of this solar system-like universe, which is Sun, in our world. In here it is an enormous tree that is seen in the center of this universe, which connects the 9 realms through its roots. It acts as passageway for “Ether” to reach the other realms, from the “Garden of Eden”. It is called the paradise by other people, but it is mostly known as the World Tree, “Yggdrassil”. The only thing that is different between my previous world and this world is surely the fact that people use magic here for everyday use, instead of science like in the previous world. And also the design of this world, I guess.
Now back, to my new life. Ever since, being born to this world, 7 years have already passed. I, Edward von Collins have reached 7 years old. By the way, it was later that I notice, that I was reincarnated as an imperial prince!