Chapter 36: Christophe Borther

"So next is Orthorn, right?" Russell said. We nodded. "Ana, I'm fine already so you can get off me" Reina grunted. "No, I won't" Ana said, as she grabbed Reina's hand tightly. What a yuri sight. "I'm excited to see my old man again and of course my Lil'bro" Gino said. "You had a brother?" I asked. "Yup, he's 5 years younger than me" He said. "Hmm, siblings huh?" I mumbled. "You also have right, 4 of them" Gino said. "Well, yeah" I said, as I looked over the clouds. Siblings, huh?

"Hey, Papa, when will they be back?" Elicia asked, as she sat on Dad's lap. "Hmm, probably they're on their way of deviation, surely they are near, so don't worry Cia" He said, as Elicia nod.

We arrived at Orthorn. The scent of beer filled the city. "As expected from the Kingdom of Knights" Forth said, tilting his glasses. "Hahaha, then I will be your tour guide" Gino said. He guides us to his house. "What is this? A guild...?" I mumbled. "Hahah, it's my house and I'm pretty aware of it. My dad trains some apprentice knights here" Gino said, as he opened the door. "Onii-chan!!" Two voices rushed to hug him. "Oh! Cyrus, Cyril did you missed me too much?" Gino asked them, as they nodded. "Ah, right this is onii-chan's friends...Edward-nii, Forth-nii, Kirt-nii, Russell-nii, and..." Gino said, as we waved at them. "Reina-nee and Ana-nee" He added, as Ana hid behind Reina. "That onee-chan seems coward" The boy said. Ana shivered a lot. "Hey! That's bad, apologize to this onee-chan" Reina scolded them. "Sorry..." He apologized. "Good, now this boy is Cyrus and the girl is Cyril" Gino said, patting Cyrus's head. "Wait a minute. I thought you only have a little brother?" I asked. "Well, yeah...these twins are my cousins" He said. "I see, I was pretty surprised that you were pretty close" I mumbled. "Haha, now let's go inside, instead of staying here" Gino said. "Ah, found you two, what are you doing skipping training?!" A boy who looks similar to Gino came in, wearing his training clothes, as he scolded the twins. "It's your doppelganger!!?" Forth said, losing his cool. "Calm down, Forth" Gino said. "Onii-chan, are those your friends?" He asked, as Gino nodded. "I am Cety Borther, son of Commander Christophe Borther, it's a pleasure to meet you" He bowed. "What a polite kid..." Ana said. "He's the polar opposite of Gino..." Reina continued. "Oi!" Gino complained.

"My father is unable to welcome you, due to his work so I apologize on his behalf" Cety said. "Oh, you don't need to, we are plenty aware of his position of work to cause his busy" I said. "Yup, plus it's uncomfortable to have a person with the same face as Gino apologizing to us" Kirt chuckled. "Are you mocking me?" Gino pissed off. "As if I would..." Kirt laughed. "I see that you are pretty close to each other, everyone" Cety said. "Even if you say so, we were bad terms when we all meet" Russell sighed. "I see, well they say that it is normal for people on polar opposite to get along sometimes" He smiled.

"I'm back!" An old man with heavy armor, and a heavy great sword on his back said. "Uncle!" The twins said. "Welcome back, Father" Cety said. "Yo, old man!" Gino said. So that is Christophe Borther, the rumored Great Knight. "Hmm, oh it's the real Edward!" He said, as he patted my back. "Eh?" I said, in confused. "I heard a lot about you from Herd, it seems that you even surpassed that brother of yours" He chuckled. "No way, maybe it is another exaggeration of Herd-nii" I said. I remembered that this person is my brother's teacher. "Come on, there's no point on lying. Why don't you show me that power of yours, right now?" He said. "EH?"

Whether, I agreed or refused, it seems that there is no escape from this battle. What is the meaning of fighting against the great knight who even has a statue of himself in the city? I grasped my wooden sword. "It's a knight's pride to never run any challenge, young master" He said, as he wields his sheathed great sword firmly. "Old man! Are you gonna fight him using your sword?" Gino exclaimed. "Don't worry, I'll keep it sheathed, plus I don't want my position to disappear for a crime of killing a royal" He smirked. He charged through me, with a god speed despite, wielding a heavy sword. Unable to dodge, I was thrown off the corner, as I choked. "Is that all?" He glared at me. This guy...is too strong. I'll get killed if I don't give my all. I stood, looking all determined. "That's the spirit..." He chuckled, as he charged at me again. This time, I took a deep breath and managed to stop his sword. The wooden sheath of my sword broke, due to the impact. After, analyzing that he will be fine with his heavy armor even if I stabbed him, it was my turn to take the attack. I charged at him, we clashed sword many times. Due to fatigue, I got thrown off by his attack. I couldn't stand, I clearly forgot that I was told to not use my muscles recklessly. He aimed his sword at me, as I panted. "This is the end, kid" He said. I stopped breathing, and rushed to his chest. "Check...mate..." I said, as I fell down. "Ed!" They shouted. Christophe-san stood there, all surprised, he grinned creepily.

As I opened my eyes, I saw an unfamiliar ceiling. "Another unfamiliar ceiling..." I mumbled, as the twins jumped at me. "Hey! You two what will you do, if that lad never move anymore!" Christophe-san scolded them. "Sorry..." They said, as they got off me, and left the room. "Are you alright, son?" He asked. I nodded. "I see, I was surprised, I didn't realize that I will let my guard down like that easily" He chuckled. I stayed silent. "But, I guess Herd's right, if they say you were to become the Emperor or the Knight of Zero, I will agree without any hesitation. Thank you for accompanying my pride!" he said. I stayed silent, unable to think of any words to tell the old man bowing down to me, right now. "You're welcome..." I smiled.

"Are you already gonna leave?" Mr. Christophe asked. "Yes, it isn't any better if we delay our trip" Russell said. "I see, well send Herd my regards, Ed" He said. "Roger!" I said, as we rode the wagon. "Next is Forthenor, right?" Russell asked. "Yup!" Gino nodded. "Father..." Forth mumbled. "Don't worry, if he happens to torture you, we'll stop him with all might!" I said. "Thanks..." He smiled bitterly.

It was something I noticed recently, since I was reincarnated as Edward von Collins, I have made many friends. And I will surely continue to from now on. People meet out of coincidence, with bigger meanings in the end.