Chapter 28: Round of Applause

Days passed, and I reached the last round before the semifinals, the round 8. A big round of applause was heared from the audiences, also a lot of yells. My opponent was my best friend, Russell Figmorth. I took a breath, and we both think in sync, for the battle to start already, upon our selfish desires. Including to it is the desire to fight each other. "Battle Start!" Shiro said. We both charged hastily

Clashing attacks for a great amount of time made the two of us pant heavily. In the midst of my fatigue, I caught a sudden glimpse of my distant memory. Standing beside me was my childhood friend. That childhood friend soon faded and was replaced by my little sister who soon disappeared changed by my parents, and was soon replaced by Lycia, then Fiore, and lastly was Elia, everyone who parted with me. All I could do was wipe my tears. Before I notice in the middle of my reminiscent, Russell tried to attack me. Although, due to his fatigue, he fell unconscious, and I was declared the winner, as I also soon fell unconscious.

"You don't have to cry..." A familiar voice said, in my dream. It was a vague scene, that I couldn't remember who was speaking to me in that dream. All I could remember was the comforting word she uttered, before the dream ended. "...d!...Wake up Ed!" Reina shouted, with tears as she tries to wake me up. "Reina...?" I mumbled, upon waking up. "Ed...You finally woke up, you idiot" She said, as she hugged me grabbing my small back. When she grabbed my back, I was once forced to remember that I was reincarnated as a kid. "We were worried that you won't wake up, you know?" Gino sighed in relief. "I see, what happened to the battle?" I asked. "You won, after an hour the introductions of the top 5 will occur. Can you stand?" Gino asked. "More or less....How about Russell?" I asked. "He's in his room, he said that it was somehow uncomfortable to sleep in the infirmary's bed" Anna said. "Even though I loved it...." Gino said. "That's sounds creepy, you know" Reina said.

An hour passed, and us the 5 winners was called in the main stage. It was far larger than the 5 blocks. "So this is the Main Arena: Ragnarok" I mumbled. A round of applause and plenty of yells filled the arena. "Now! Now Everyone! In this semifinals of Game 2, we will have me Shiro and!" Shiro said. "Kuro, death (Desu)" He said. They sure look alike, ignoring their hair colors. Well, Shiro said that their personality also differs. So that means, Shiro is kind, Kuro is anti-social, Aori is cool, Kiiro is cheerful and Akari is scary or courageous, like that.

"Now, we will occur the introductions of the top 5, let us start with the Block A winner" Shiro said. I step forward. "He is our very own Imperial Prince of Doghanik Empire....Third Prince, Edward von Collins. Winning the matches, and accompanying his opponent's own way of overcoming their problems, Prince Edward have reached this place, as Block A's very own proud winner" Shiro proudly introduced me. The audience cheered. "Nice to meet you all" I bowed, as I was a bit astonished by Shiro's exaggerated introduction, in some ways. "Next is Block B's winner Earl Washington, he is the nephew of our very own Pope. With his sharp reading of he's opponent's movement and swift movements, he has reached this place by his own two feet" Kuro introduced. "I'll win this thing..." He arrogantly said. The audience remained silent. "Uhm, next is Block C's lucky boy, Sucher Izakandr, being the son of Commander of Knights, he yearns to be a knight to one day, despite his girl-like appearance" Kiiro introduced. "N-nice t-to m-meet you all..." he bowed while shivering. The audience whistled. Uh oh, even my heart is beating fast. "Next! Block D's Warrior, Rath Opolehia, good luck my boy!" Akari said, like a mom cheering for his son. The audience imitated a Warcry. "Last, Block E's Icicle Jirk...." The unmotivated introduction of Aori made the audience shivered, as he was stated being cold, and cool.

Next day came. "Well then, let us start the first battle, Prince Edward versus Icicle!!" Shiro said. Icicle started with surrounding the stage with Ice. "Devour!" I said, as I turned his ice into ether particles. He took the opportunity to attack me in my strike zone, and win. Or so he thought. I used released the ether particles I devoured into a mountain of ice. The stage was covered with ice. "What happened?" The audience mumbled, as they were ignorant of the fight. "Devour!" I said, as I devoured all the ice around. "Wow, this is, the stage was a bit bizarre earlier. Well, Congratulations Prince Edward!!" Shiro said, as the audience cheered. I soon fell out of conscious. "Use too much ether..." I said, as if saying last words.

"Ugh, I am here once again" I mumbled, as I saw the ceiling of the infirmary. "Thither we embark, knowing there is no merit for us to walk this path. With the wish to grow stronger as our only goal, we took our first step. With our shadows visible at the bottom of the hill....." A familiar voice mumbled beside me. "Fiore!!" I jolted, as I saw his familiar red hair. "Hahah, been a while, Ed...!" He said, with his usual smirk.