Chapter 25: Written as Rival and Read as Friend (Part 1)

I took a nap, before the next fight, at the third day, third round of Cavalry. For some reason, I dreamt of a kid crying as his father-like old man stepped on his glasses, saying the words that would clearly pierce down a scar in a kid's heart. The words, "I haven't ever acknowledged you as my son, never did I...."

"It is as lively as it was on the first day, isn't it...?" I mumbled, as we walked around the annual-festival outside the venue. "You're right..." Gino, who finally allowed himself out the infirmary, said. "As if nothing happened...." Kirt said. "Well, we should keep quiet about it, or someone will get angry..." I mumbled. "Who would...?" Anna who appeared out of a sudden, asked. "Anna...?" We mumbled. "D-do you need something?" Gino stuttered. "I came here to inform that it's Forth-kun and Russell-kun's battle next..." She said. "Wait, didn't you guys clearly avert my question?" She whispered. We gulped. "T-then let's go, need to watch them...!" I stuttered. "Alright..." She agreed.

"Hmm, Kirt vs Forth, huh?" I mumbled. "What's wrong about it...?" Gino asked. "Well, it's kinda bit weird pairing, I thought..." I said. "Is it...?" Anna asked. Gino and Kirt who was drowsy since earlier, nodded.

Next battle was held, the participants are Russell and Forth. It's been a while since I saw Forth, thanks to this royal battle. Well, it's not like we get along that much, but I've took his awkward way of saying hello converted into "Hmph!" a staple of my every day. But, well we have been hanging out these days. Like during Ghost hunting, the study group and more. "Well, now Battle start!" Shiro said broking off the silence between the audiences. Neither one of them were moving, another big silence occurred, including the tense in the audiences. "Maybe it is okay for me to attack first?" Russell thought to himself, suddenly, the entire stage was filled with hot water. "Eh...?!" I mumbled, beneath my breath, as I was shock by his sudden movement. "Ah, found you!" A girl with a very nice figure stood beside my seat. It was Reina. I'm kinda being comforted by the kind girl, Ana here (Completely forgot the fact that Kirt and Gino was there), why did this tsundere suddenly come? Well, I can't say that I didn't want to see her to myself, though. What a complicated youth. She was somehow discharged from the infirmary yesterday, after the round 2 ended. The dragon scales in her body has faded already.

"I looked for you guys all-over the food carts, though, you weren't there. Thanks to that I'm completely tired..!" She said, with Lux on her shoulder. "Sorry, I went ahead you..."Anna said. "It's fine..." Reina said, as she patted her head. Well, enough of the fan service...or I could say so, now, back to the battle.

The stage was covered with hot water. So Forth's element is water...I guess. Ah, by the way Element is what we call the power or magic or quirk of the people here, which is an inborn case. For example, Kirt's Element is Shadow, Reina's Element is Fire, and Gino's Element is Wind, while Anna's Element is Melody. I'm not sure about Russell's Element, although that is the same for me though. Well, one person can only have one Element.

Soon the hot water was replaced with ice. "Eh..?!" The audience was spooked. Russell was nowhere to be found. "Eh, what happened? Didn't he just replenish the stage with hot water, just now?" Gino said. "Yeah, he did..." I nodded. "Then, how the hell is he able to use ice magic, if water is his Element..?!" Gino exclaimed. Gino might be right, but if he truly had two element, what is the need of filling the stage with hot water, before filling it with ice?

"Now, now everyone where could Russell have been, in this ice...?! Will this mean Forth's win?" Shiro said. "Nope, he's surely somewhere below that ice, thinking of a way to break it off...Hey, Gino it wouldn't count lose as long as the condition of the other player isn't seen or unless they surrender right?" I said. "Well, yeah..." Gino nodded. "Good then..." I mumbled.

Meanwhile, below the ice..."If I'm able to multiply it all, I can melt this thing....!" Russell mumbled, as he multiplied something. Soon, a part of the ice melted. "Eh...? Was Russell's Element Fire?" Gino mumbled. "No, his Element is simpler than that..." Kirt said. What Russell did was as simple as normal... Coz' all he did was multiply the remaining hot water around, causing the melting of a part of the ice, where he was below, "Russell's Element is multiply...!" Kirt said.

"Oh...! This is a great surprise, Russell is alive...!" Shiro said. "I wish they don't base me dead already..." Russell mumbled. "Well, the problem is how I am gonna beat Forth-kun..." Russell sighed. The ice suddenly, disappeared. "Water...?!" Shiro mumbled, as the ice were all melted and turned into water. "About Forth's Element, as customized, he also has only one Element, and it is.....Matter..!" I said.

That's right; his Element is Mater. What caused the hot water to turn into ice? Well, easy by boiling water, he can get enough water vapor from it, and turn it into ice. The need of the hot water was, because of certain condition of Forth's Element, which is turning a phase of matter to another.

Now that Russell was able to get out of the Ice, the battle truly begins now..!