Chapter 42: Surprise

"Wahhh, Good morning Seria" I yawned. "G-good day, Ed-sama. Well then, later" She hastily escaped, like a rat. And, since that everyone I passed had forced themselves to ignore me. "What the heck is wrong?" I mumbled.

"Why did you suddenly wanted to have a spar with me, Herd-nii?" I asked, my brother who was wearing his protectors. "W-well, I heard from master that you managed to take his guard down, so..." He said. No one needs to tell me, I can suspect that they're hiding something. The way Seria acted, and now Herd is wishing for a spar as an excuse....but I can't just spurt that out of intuition, plus if this is really an excuse...what for is it?

Herd jumped like a frog straight to my strike zone, stopping with a stomp, he kicked me using his slash as a decoy that I would lower my body. I was thrown off the other side. A déjà vu...it hurts like hell. If this is really an excuse why does he need to kick me so strong? I panted, as I standed firmly. Like with Christophe-san, I controlled my breathing and stopped my heart beat and respiration. I rushed straight to his strike zone, this time I threw him off the other side. I think I did it too much....I panted trying to catch my breath that I stopped. "Nice kick, Lil'bro" he chuckled. I grinned as I clenched my fist as I held my sword. Suddenly, the bell rang. "Hmm, I guess it's time" Herd mumbled. "Time? Time for what?" I asked. "Nothing, follow me" He said.

Now I have three possible suspicions. That fight earlier was surely an excuse, for what you ask? First is for a surprise or something like that. Second is for a gift since today's my birthday. And the third is surely a birthday party. I sighed. It was a thrill yet somehow boring revelations. "We arrived" Herd-nii said, as we stood in front of a door. I have no idea where are we. I was lost in thought, that I hadn't taken track of our path. Where the heck are we? Herd came in first. It was somehow like a large auditorium. Over the front part, a large banner took my attention. Happy Birthday ED! Was written on it, I nearly cried as I saw it. Even though I suspected it, I was still manipulated by the flow. Suddenly, everyone came out of nowhere greeting me a happy birthday. After lot of disregard, I suffered this day I am now force to cry on my knees. "Thank you everyone!" I cried. I was forced to reminisce. The day I died, was the day I was born in this world like a sapling. And now, upon experiencing half the life I yearned, I continued to grow. Someday, I will turn into a fine tree...a fine tree together with everyone. Surely, the old me wouldn't think even I who gave up life by believing god as a mere belief would be able to find this happiness. A warm family, kind parents, siblings, friends and more. I am blessed. "Really, really thank you very much" I added. "It's the first time, I see him cry like that" Gino said. "It doesn't suit him" Kirt chuckled. "Well, it is more strange for a person to look fit when crying" Forth sighed. Russell giggled. "Reina-chan...?" Ana mumbled. In the garden, Reina sat down on the grass field alone. "Even he cries..." She mumbled, as she leaned her head on her knees.

After my crying, a ball started. It seems that my father had planned this. The next song played, causing the girls fill the stage, as boys went out of the way. I, the essential person had left the hall earlier, than everyone expected. I suspected that Reina shoved herself away again to be alone, even though she had gotten along with Ana lately, well she has a lot going on too, and here I am right now looking for her. "Reina! Reina! Where are you, Reina!?" I shouted, as I called her. I caught a glimpse of a silhouette of 2 guys entering the palace. "Rel and led was in the party if I am sure..." I mumbled. Who were those guys, maybe they're guest. I might be thinking the wrong thing.

That time, I should have been more wary of my position. If I did  it hadn't led to anything serious, everything didn't had to crumble apart like paper. It didn't have to break apart like a jar that is only needed when seen.

"The stage is set, the roles are given, and the actors are ready. Now, what will be the next part of this play, Hakuya?" The man snickered as he leaned his face on his crossed arm. The girl with a heavy blade stared at him, near the door.