Chapter 30: Fading Echoes

"Ed...!" I was waked up by Reina's voice. "What? It's still too early..." I said. "Anna! Anna's gone!" Reina said. "Huh?"

"What do you mean by she's gone?!" I asked, as we ran over the hallway, early in the morning. "When, I woke up she was gone, I searched over the cafeteria, the auditorium, the gym, everywhere! I didn't saw here!" Reina said. "Calm down, Reina! IF you are panicking like that, then can you imagine how much more Anna is panicking you idiot...!" I said. "You're right" She panted. "Where's Lux?" I asked. "He was gone too, probably he's with Ana" Reina said. "Okay, then let's split! You go call the others, after that go to the rooftop, okay?" I said, as Reina nodded.

"Well, then...." I took a deep breath. "Fiore! Fiore!" I called, as I used telepathy. "Hehehe, so you can even use telepathy now, what is it Ed?" He asked. "I need your help, where are you?" I asked. "I'm in the academy, what do you need my help for?" He asked back. "I need you to go to the rooftop right now, Ana's missing, I need your help to find her.....I'm sensing something bad" I said. "Well, if you're sensing something bad, then I'll help rooftop right? Okay, give a few minutes, I'll sprint thither" He said. I cut off the transmission. "Now, next is the field" I said, as I casted a whole field scanning over the whole academy. "Good..." I panted. "Last, create chessboard!" I said, as I created a chessboard and placed it over my lap.

"Ed! Eh? Why do you have a chessboard?" Reina asked. "Don't mind it..." I panted. "Ed...you're exhausted once again, don't tell me you're using your ether, that time too?" Gino mumbled. "Nevermind me....we need to find Ana" I panted, as Fiore arrived. "You sure are a pain, now tell us, what we have to do" Fiore sighed, as he covered me with his coat. "Okay, I'll need you guys to go to the places, I need you to search" I said. "Okay, tell us..." Forth said. "Fiore you go over the Staff building, only adults can go over there, so I'll leave that place to you" I panted. "Alright...!" He answered. "Next, Reina I need you to search over the courtyard" I said. "Understood...!" She clenched her fists. "Kirt I need you to go over the Building A..." I said. "Okay" He said. "Next Gino I need you to go over the Second building, and Forth you go to the third building, Russell you go search over the dorm side, is it clear?" I said. "Yeah...!" They responded. "Okay, later on I'll use telepathy to contact you guys, don't worry I can see you all from here, the only thing is I can't detect Ana and Lux" I said. "Leave it to us, signal us if you detected them, okay?" Reina said, as I nodded. "Then, we'll be having a time limit of until the battle starts, now let's start!" I said, as they all left the rooftop, and went over their respective zones

"Phase 1....Fiore, test-test, can you hear me?" I asked. "Yeah, loud and clear..." He said. "Then, how's your situation there?" I asked. "Failure, I searched all the rooms, including the headmaster's office, I happened to be good friends with him you see. Unfortunately, Ana and Lux, right? Was not here" He said. "Okay, then head over the fourth building next" I said, as Fiore agreed.

After three hours that we searched all over the academy, Ana and Lux was still unable to find. "What if they are not in the academy?" Gino said. "You're right...how are you faring Ed?" Reina asked. "I can still hold, plus there is still time before the fight..." I panted, my eyes was totally having a vague vision. "Then let's try the city!" Fiore said, as he carried me. Ah, damn I can't walk, my vision was vague and my body is heating up. I have overused my ether after casting a whole scan all time all over this vast academy.

"Ed? Can you do it?" Fiore asked, as he putted me down. "I can, I must!" I insisted, as I casted a scan all over the capital with my last breath. "I found her!" I said. "Where is she?" Reina asked. "She's remaining stable on the northwest side, I can't properly detect her exact place, but that direction is accurate" I said, as I feel out of my feet. "Thanks Ed...Gino can you carry Ed back the academy, and let him rest a bit before his battle" Reina said. "B-but..." I said. "No buts, leave this to us, we're strong too you know" Reina said. "That's right" Gino smirked as he carried me. "Plus, I am here too Ed..."Fiore winked. "Fine, I'll give up this time, good luck guys!" I said, as I fell out of conscious.

"Ed! Ah, sorry to interrupt your rest. After 2 minutes the battle will start, I carried you over the arena so you won't have to waste anymore ether, can you stand?" Gino asked. "Yeah, thanks Gino" I said, as I stood. "Now let us start the third battle, Our fighters for the decision battle of semifinals, is our very own imperial prince Edward von Collins" Shiro said, as the audience cheered for me, as I entered the stage. "And next is your cute fighter, Sucher Izakandr!" Kiiro said, as the audience whistled, as he came in the stage. "Now, fight start!" They said.

"Let us split, Forth and Russell you search the west corner, Kirt you search the east corner, Fiore-san you search the south corner. I'll go search the north corner. Ed said she's right here, so we must search this place, okay?" Reina said, as they split.

"I-I surrender!" Sucher said. "Alright, winner Prince Edward!!" Shiro said, as I fell down the instant Sucher talked. "Ed!" Gino shouted.

"Where are you Ana?" Reina mumbled. "Where have you gone to?" Reina thought.

That time, I dreamt more or less I saw a girl who cried alone, soon that girl sang a very sad and lonely song that remained me about my loneliness. "Ana! Where have you gone to?" I asked the girl. As I did, the girl faded into echoes. "Where are you? What the heck is happening around here?!" I said. Maybe my bad premonition was right, maybe something very dangerous is happening here, not only to Ana and Lux but maybe including the people here.