Chapter 16: Must not Forget...!

After 3 months past. Somehow, all of us got the feeling that everything won't stay as it is. Maybe, they all notice that everything was a dream, like Elia said.

One night, I dreamt of a usual dream. Midway, a familiar voice called me from behind. I was crying on my knees. "Ed..." A gentle voice called. "Ehh...?" As I turned back, I saw Elia, who seemed like a hologram that is about to fade anytime.

"Are you lonely?" She asked. "Eh?" I mumbled. "Are you lonely, right now?" She repeated. "Yes..." I mumbled. "Why?" She asked. "Because, I was abandoned by Mom and Dad, I was betrayed by Haruhi and I was rejected by Kyoko...I'm lonely because everyone left me, all alone..." I cried. "If everyone left you, then where do you belong?" She asked. "I don't belong anywhere...!" I said, as I continue to cry. "You're wrong, look carefully...!" She said. I saw Russell, and the others, also Lux in a brighter side. "Who are they" I asked, as I looked at her, and I looked over the bright side, again. "They are your friends..." She said. "Friends..." I mumbled. "Look carefully at them, Ed where do you truly belong?" She asked, again. "I belong here...I belong here with them....." I said. "Then, are you lonely?" She asked. "No more, because I have them, and because I have....you...!" I said. As I saw Elia over the other side, I smiled, before I looked at her, who had already faded. "I see....I hope you enjoy your life....." Elia's faded voice, said as fragments of lights fell down. Once again, she called me by a name, which I couldn't hear clearly, once again. “What are you saying? Where are you going? Don’t leave me! Don’t go anywhere! Don’t make me cry like this! Don’t make me wake up from this dream!” I shouted, as Elia disappeared bit by bit. The last remnant of her shone on my hand. Yet it soon disappeared like a fleeting light. “E-Elia!!!!”

"Ah, you finally woke up...I know it is summer, from now, but it's bad to oversleep" Russell said, as I woke up. "Russell, where is Elia?" I asked. "Elia...? Who's that?" He asked. "Eh...? Why did you forget her?" I mumbled, as I remembered Elia's words. That all of this is just a mere dream. I sniffed. "Ah, what's wrong, Ed? Why are you crying?!" Russell panicked. "Nothing, I just had a very, very satisfying dream, ever" I smiled. It seems that everything ended as a dream, like she said. Yet, she remained to me as a fleeting memory.

"Hey, Russell, what will you do if all of this is just a dream?" I asked. "Well, I will feel sad, I guess..." He said. "Sad, huh..? Probably that's normal. You know, in my case....I will wake up, like how I do in the usual mornings. And I will scratch my head, and chuckle while I mumble, "What a nice dream...!" as I stretch..." I said, with a smile. "I guess, I would do the same..." He agreed, as I giggled.

"By the way, did we catch some strange creature named Lux?" I asked. "Yeah, well three months ago, in the midst of ghost searching....why?" Russell said. "Nothing..." I grinned. "Huh, you're weird" Russell said.

"I heard it from Russell, seems like you were looking for a girl, as you woke up earlier..." Reina said, as we ate in the cafeteria. "Well, I had this very nice dream..." I said. "What kind of dream?" Gino asked. "It was a very realistic dream, I guess..." I said. "What were the contents?" Forth asked. "Hmm, secret....!" I grinned. "That's unfair of you...!" Russell complained. "But it is a precious dream of mine; if I shared it with others it will lose its meaning. All I can say is that it was a pretty nice dream...!" I grinned, as they sighed.

Even though, you're not here, I still remember you. The time we spent together is something, I mustn't forget...! Even if the others have forgotten you, I will remain remembering you, onto the deeps of my memories....